Things that grind your gears [LTT Forums edition]

Hey guys,

Are there things on here that frustrate you immensely on these forums? Look no further! Tell us of those things here.

Things that grind my gears...

- Pronoun Game in the Thread title

Why should I give two shits if your title says something like "HELP!?!?" or "I have a problem" if I don't know what either one of those are? Give us some clue as to what you're talking about.

- Brief posts

Why is it that people insist on stupid posts like "title says all" or a post which is just an extended repetition of what the title told us? How are we meant to help you with no real specific information apart from the tiny bits we got from the title. It's worse when people don't have a decent title to make up for the post itself.

- Poor spelling and grammar

We are no longer thirteen years old or in the early 2000's, there is no excuse to be incorrectly spelling everything. The kids of the early 2000's had an excuse which was the fact that long texts would cost them more money (Or rather, their parents) but you are on a fully functioning keyboard and are not being charged for each character. It's pretty easy to type quickly while also ensuring that everything is spelt and punctuated correctly. It makes you sound illiterate and it also makes it much harder for us to communicate with you.

- People who throw their money at high-end i7s and buy 750tis afterwards

I have seen this twice in a row in PC build help threads and I am concerned about it becoming an actual trend. You don't need an i7 and if you're going for an i7 then why not get a proper GPU to match so there are no bottlenecks?

Anything else grinds your gears? Post it in the comments.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

- People who throw their money at high-end i7s and buy 750tis afterwards

I have seen this twice in a row in PC build help threads and I am concerned about it becoming an actual trend. You don't need an i7 and if you're going for an i7 then why not get a proper GPU to match so there are no bottlenecks?

Anything else grinds your gears? Post it in the comments.

Do you know for a fact that their gaming though? they could be building a high-end workstation

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

That my case doesn't support 240 or 280 rads up top, Pissed me off.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Crappy Intel Stock Coolers

its not THAT bad, as long as you dont OC :D

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

some people dont need the graphics horsepower though. It's kinda ignorant to think that everyone here is a hardcore gamer

"Poor spelling and grammar"

YEP. I can usually tell when someone is deliberately misspelling words to be funny, but sometimes I'm not so sure.

When I see grown adults spell the word does as dose multiple times is when I begin to worry about their entire education. No I'm not saying one's intelligence is based completely off of how they spell the word does, but it makes you wonder what else they think.

Crappy Intel Stock Coolers

My member title says it all. AMDs stock coolers are much worse

Do you know for a fact that their gaming though? they could be building a high-end workstation

People who do this always say it's for gaming.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

When people say "bae"

I hate that so much.

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Maybe they just type fast, and instead of "does", sometimes "dose" comes out.. who cares :)

Once or twice is permissible, but multiple times after that and even multiple times after that makes you being to wonder.

workstations wouldn't use a 750ti though, if they already have the card for a workstation or gaming why buy one, and/or not mention the oe you already have?

Nothing to see here, move along

Ugh ur such an retard ,people like u think their so smart.. wel ure not

u thnk im returtd. wale ur sutch a meen pursen. haw abt tht

When people say "bae"

Edit: I now see that it's things on THIS forum that I'm supposed to talk about but still, people that say bae need to be stabbed in the kidney :3

What do you call your lover wrapped around your arms?

A BAERITTO.

On topic: I hate when I have no more USB ports to use.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

I always made posts about how I live near this place and that until this one person called me out and said who cares about where you live. From there I stopped. if I were a different person i'd dislike me a lot. 

People saying "g8" or saying "I swear to god' or other religious names in bad contexts a lot.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Asking for help when troubleshooting/choosing certain components and not providing all the specs (neither in the post nor on their profile), fanboyism in general, people recommending 120+Hz monitors all the time even if someone clearly doesn't need them, not using PCpartpicker and people automatically assuming that all you do with a PC is gaming.

Oh, and emoticons, God damn emoticons.....

When people dump all of their build threads into the general section

Life.exe is missing

when your driving and you get blinded by retards with there high beams on .-.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Bad spelling and grammar. Unless you type at a snail's pace, you don't need to use "ur" instead of your or you're, "u" instead of you and so on. Using "speed typing" as an excuse is utter bollocks. It saves little to no time and no one will take you seriously. At least I wont.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

People that say they wants the lowest temps possible and then buy a define r4, because you know foam doesnt retain heat and you know those fans dont need the front to suck in as much air as possible. The define r4, h440 etc type of cases are for silence, they arent for people that want extremely low temps.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

People who make their topic title all caps.

And people who capitalize the first letter of every word.

And people who call themselves grammar Nazis when they don't know enough of the English language to understand that "an NSA article" is correct, not "a NSA article"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020