Guys what do you think of this build

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

Well yes but if i get this rig i  wont upgrade  in the next 5-6  years except maybe ram  wanted to be sure i get something  future proof

In that case stick with the Hero  :)

I wanted to get a new gaming ring  with help from Tomshardware and Linus's reviews  i made this .

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($96.49 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($198.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X Video Card  ($399.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1158.41
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-20 15:36 EDT-0400

everything looks solid, but I am doubtful about that power supply. Seasonic isn't one of my go to brands for power supplies, but I am only one man with only one opinion.

Nice, but i'd go with cheaper 1600 or 1866 RAM because it makes little difference anyways.

the thing is currently the difference in price isn't significant, and there are some applications where it will be useful. he might save $15 going with different memory.

the thing is currently the difference in price isn't significant, and there are some applications where it will be useful. he might save $15 going with different memory.

Keep the 1866 RAM and get rid of the Maximus VII! Get a decent ASUS or MSI motherboard instead, it'll be cheaper too.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

everything looks solid, but I am doubtful about that power supply. Seasonic isn't one of my go to brands for power supplies, but I am only one man with only one opinion.

You doubt a Seasonic psu ?  :wacko:

Any suggestions on a good ASUS mobo ?

Any one of the Z87 or Z97 mobos are good.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

The Z97 Maximus VII Ranger is a good board.

So Maximus VII Hero is not worth ?

If it fits in your budget, and you like it then go for it. After all you are the one using the pc everyday  :) 

You could get something for around $140 such as the Gigabyte Gaming 5 or MSI Gaming 5 if you wanted to save a few dollars. The Hero is not a bad choice though.

If it fits in your budget, and you like it then go for it. After all you are the one using the pc everyday  :)

You could get something for around $140 such as the Gigabyte Gaming 5 or MSI Gaming 5 if you wanted to save a few dollars. The Hero is not a bad choice though.

Well yes but if i get this rig i  wont upgrade  in the next 5-6  years except maybe ram  wanted to be sure i get something  future proof

In that case stick with the Hero  :)

Only one man, only one opinion. I don't know much about seasonic's quality and support.

Seasonic make some of the best power supplies you can buy. They also make/made power supplies for a lot of other companies such as XFX, Antec and Corsair.

Seasonic make some of the best power supplies you can buy. They also make/made power supplies for a lot of other companies such as XFX, Antec and Corsair.

I was first going to go with XFX 550w but wanted something more than 550 and i saw they were made by seasonic  and so i thought they were  pretty  much the same quality and so i went with seasonic

I was first going to go with XFX 550w but wanted something more than 550 and i saw they were made by seasonic  and so i thought they were  pretty  much the same quality and so i went with seasonic

This is also a good power supply. It is made by Superflower who are an excellent manufacturer as well (They make the EVGA Supernova G2/P2 psu's)

You get a 5 year warranty with this unit and it is semi modular.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone650m

This is also a good power supply. It is made by Superflower who are an excellent manufacturer as well (They make the EVGA Supernova G2/P2 psu's)

You get a 5 year warranty with this unit and it is semi modular.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone650m

Couldn't find a seller in my country thats why i didnt go with it 

Couldn't find a seller in my country thats why i didnt go with it 

Ah right you're not in the USA then ? 

This would be a very good choice if it fits in with your budget.

http://nikem-bg.net/computer-components/PSU-SEASONIC-SSR-650RM-GOLD

If not then the Seasonic Bronze psu in your opening post will be fine.

Will consider it  but most likely i will stick with the one i chose 20$ cheaper which is not alot if i was buying only a PSU but combined with the other parts its enough .