Advice on potential PC build

Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum so I'm not 100% sure on how everything works here and I would appreciate any corrections. I have researched and come up with this build designed for gaming and video editing that I would like to build when I have the money. Recommendations such as different components would be appreciated, keep in mind my maximum budget is £1000 (around $1660 or €1220). NOTE: For convenience all links are for Amazon, I realise other retailers are cheaper for some components. 

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 770 Twin Frozr (2GB) (UK/US) - I think spending the extra money for the 770 than the 760 is worth it. I think the EVGA one is a bit too expensive. 

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K (UK/US) - I think this will be a perfect CPU for the build, i7 not needed.

CPU cooler: Enermax ETS-T40-TB (UK/US) - Not 100% on this one, I read that it's very quiet, but I don't know if I should go watercooling and use a H100i for example.

Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 (UK/US) - Matches the colouring of the GPU and is a solid performer.

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (UK/US) - Are Samsung still the best for SSDs? I'm sure it's still a solid choice.

HDD: WD 1TB - Caviar blue (UK/US) - Nothing special just for media and documents.

Memory: Corsair Memory Vengeance 16GB (UK/US) - I think I will benefit from the 16GB when video editing.

Case: BitFenix Ronin (UK/US) OR NZXT H440 (UK/US) - I like that the cheaper price of the ronin and the potential for a DVD drive, but I prefer the fan options in the H440 and the build quality.

PSU: Cooler Master V750S (UK/US) - Is a bit expensive for my liking. Is it necessary to have gold or would bronze or silver do the trick? 

Fans:

2x Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet edition (UK/US) - This depends on which case I get, but for the ronin I'd use this configuration. 

2x Corsair Air Series AF120 Quiet edition (UK/US)

Thank you for being of help  :D.

I would suggest an i7 if you are doing lots of video editing. If you are sure you don't want it then stick with the i5.

I haven't included windows as i didn't know if you needed it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£239.94 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK EREBOSS BLACK 56.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£35.97 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£94.53 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£72.00 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£218.12 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: BitFenix Ronin ATX Mid Tower Case  (£72.00 @ Kustom PCs) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£80.76 @ Amazon UK) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£11.05 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £980.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-20 21:20 BST+0100

I would suggest an i7 if you are doing lots of video editing. If you are sure you don't want it then stick with the i5.

I haven't included windows as i didn't know if you needed it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£239.94 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK EREBOSS BLACK 56.5 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  (£35.97 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£94.53 @ Ebuyer) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£72.00 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  (£218.12 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Case: BitFenix Ronin ATX Mid Tower Case  (£72.00 @ Kustom PCs) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£80.76 @ Amazon UK) 
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer  (£11.05 @ CCL Computers) 
Total: £980.51
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-20 21:20 BST+0100

Thank you very much. One more question, would you recommend water cooling instead or is it not necessary?

Edited by mrbeady9

Thank you very much. One more question, would you recommend water cooling instead or is it not necessary?

A high end Air cooler such as the Noctua NH-D15 will perform just as good as a Corsair H100i/H105 etc. If you are talking about a custom loop, then that is a whole different ballgame  :)

The Raijintek cooler in my spec above is also a very good cooler for the price.

Hey there, since you will be using the hard drive as secondary storage, you can check the WD Green series which are specifically designed for this - they are quiet and have lower power consumption - http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=780

Hope this helps

Cheers, Dorian_WD

Western Digital Representative

http://www.wdc.com/en/

Hey there, since you will be using the hard drive as secondary storage, you can check the WD Green series which are specifically designed for this - they are quiet and have lower power consumption - http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=780

Hope this helps
Cheers, Dorian_WD

Thanks! I was considering the green drives, but if I'm storing video project files I think, I might be wrong, that I would benefit from the speeds of the blue drive? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks! I was considering the green drives, but if I'm storing video project files I think, I might be wrong, that I would benefit from the speeds of the blue drive? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Stick with a Blue drive  :)

The WD Blues spin at 7200RPM compared to 5400RPM on the WD Greens, so in case performance is important for you, then you should stick with the blue drive ;)

Cheers, Dorian_WD

Western Digital Representative

http://www.wdc.com/en/