Overclocking R9 270

Hey guys!

I recently bought r9 270 from gigabyte and i want to overclock it but i dont know what i'm doing :c

http://screenshooter.net/100097852/wvjxgln

This is how my MSI Afterburner looks like.

How do to this thing? Slick said in the review that he just put all the sliders at the end but i dont want to damage my card and i dont know. I mean i kinda know how overclocking works but i dont know what to do about that power limit. Is it really a LIMIT? From what i understand right now i could do no overclocking and put the power limit at the end and nothing would happen because it doesn't need more power with that clocks.

Help me plox :c

Okay so what you want to do is run Kombustor before changing anything, record temps and see how you like that. Make sure while you are running that, that you look at your Clock and temps on the R9 290, make sure your card isn't already throttling, it shouldn't but just in case. If you see that the temps are okay with you, then you bump up the core clock until either the card can no longer get faster without more power or you feel like the temps are too hot for you. Also make sure to be aware of artifacts (dots or squares where they aren't supposed to be) if this happens your card is no longer stable which means you either need to add more power to it, or turn down the clock. 

Hope that helps.

I'm a student currently attending the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, if you attend or around there please don't hesitate to contact me!

Mudkip: CPU: i5-4670k; Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo; Memory: 16GBs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD5H; GPU: ASUS DCUII 770 2GB @ 1254MHz; HDD: Seagate Barracude 1TB; PSU: CX750M; Case: ThermalTake A31 Chaser Thunder

Okay so what you want to do is run Kombustor before changing anything, record temps and see how you like that. Make sure while you are running that, that you look at your Clock and temps on the R9 290, make sure your card isn't already throttling, it shouldn't but just in case. If you see that the temps are okay with you, then you bump up the core clock until either the card can no longer get faster without more power or you feel like the temps are too hot for you. Also make sure to be aware of artifacts (dots or squares where they aren't supposed to be) if this happens your card is no longer stable which means you either need to add more power to it, or turn down the clock. 

Hope that helps.

The temps are okay because i have been playing games already and its not throttling. Its rarely reaching 70C so its okay i think.

Is furmark okay for checking this thing too? I already have that.
EDIT:by how much should i increase power limit when its not stable anymore?
Edited by Kaczy

The temps are okay because i have been playing games already and its not throttling. Its rarely reaching 70C so its okay i think.

Is furmark okay for checking this thing too? I already have that.
EDIT:by how much should i increase power limit when its not stable anymore?

Little by little until it is stable again or temps get too high. It's kind of like when you oc your CPU just gotta baby it and go slow like your picture hahaha.

I'm a student currently attending the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, if you attend or around there please don't hesitate to contact me!

Mudkip: CPU: i5-4670k; Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo; Memory: 16GBs Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz; Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD5H; GPU: ASUS DCUII 770 2GB @ 1254MHz; HDD: Seagate Barracude 1TB; PSU: CX750M; Case: ThermalTake A31 Chaser Thunder

Little by little until it is stable again or temps get too high. It's kind of like when you oc your CPU just gotta baby it and go slow like your picture hahaha.

I have unoverclockable CPU so i wouldnt know :c

That little good looking guy in my pic is me when i was like 2 weeks old :D