SD Card for my new tablet

Laksen

Hey guys,

I'm going to be buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 in a couple of days and I was wondering what option would be better in terms of speed?

Buy the 16 GB costing 663 USD, and get a reasonably sized SD card? (64 GB costing around 54 USD, or 128 GB costing around 125 USD)

Buy the 32 GB costing 748 USD, and get a smaller sized SD card? (32 GB costing around 27 USD, or 64 GB costing around 54 USD)

Furthermore does anyone know the read/write speed of this tablet? I've been searching around, but I cannot find anything on this subject.

In relation to the read/write question, I would also like to know if it's over kill to be buying a SD card with 45mbs read/write?

EDIT: updated with pricing converted from DKK to USD

CPU: AMD Phenom II 965 (Corsair H60 with a Noctua NF-F12 Fan) - Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) - RAM:  4 GB kingston, and 8 GB kingston hyperx blu @ 1333 MHz - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660ti OC edition SSD: 256 GB Plextor MP5-Pro - Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DGX - Headphones: Sennheiser PC363d - Case: Cooler Master elite 430 black -  Cooled by 2 Noctua NF-S12A Fans      Peripherals:ACER B243PWLAymdr IPS Panel - 1920*1200 - ACER S222HQL LCD Panel - 1920*1080 - Corsair M45 on a XFX Warpad - Typing on a Ducky Shine 2 Cherry MX Brown - Green LED - Racing with my Logitech G27 Racing wheel - other games Logitech F710

my recommendation is to get the sandisk ultra micro SD. it's pretty fast, fast enough as a suitable backup in my 5dMK3, and much faster than the reader built into my GS4. the 64GB model is pretty good and the support isn't half bad.

Can you install programs into sd card in kitkat? if you can then sure get the one with smaller storage and go for badass sd card - you can reuse those.

But if you can't install programs into sd card I would get the 32gb no question.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Hey guys,

I'm going to be buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 in a couple of days and I was wondering what option would be better in terms of speed?

Buy the 16 GB, and get a reasonably sized SD card? (64 GB, or 128 GB)

Buy the 32 GB, and get a smaller sized SD card? (32 GB, or 64 GB)

Furthermore does anyone know the read/write speed of this tablet? I've been searching around, but I cannot find anything on this subject.

In relation to the read/write question, I would also like to know if it's over kill to be buying a SD card with 45mbs read/write?

I would suggest that if you have lots of apps, or programs than get the 32gb, if you don't have many apps and programs than get the 16gb. because apps run faster if installed directly on hthe tablet, where as with music, pics, and vids it won't make much of a difference.

Nothing to see here, move along