GTA V on PC. GFWL?

KrutoyEegrok

I was wondering if GTA V on PC will mean that I will have to use Games For Windows Live to paly online. I have been having some problems with it which I will address in a minute, but, if I have to use games for windows live, I will probably just buy it for PS4, even though I have a GTX 780 and it will look a lot better on PC. 

Also, when I try to play GTA IV on pc, GFWL doesnt work for me. I open up the game, I hit LIVE, I sign in, and it tells me it has to update. It does a little loading bar, and then tells me to close an reopen the game. When I reopen the game, it gives me the same thing again and again and again. I dont know what to do. I havbe closed and reopened the game and went through the same process up to 6 times in a row. Please help before I buy GTA V on PS4.

If it does I'm going to pirate it, hopefully it will be Steamworks after the GTA IV DRM layers bonanza, it had Rockstar Social club, GFWL, SecuROM, and Steam.

As far as I can remember, Microsoft killed it off and stated it would not be built into GTA V.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

It will probably have the Rockstar Social Club - not as bad as GFWL but still useless in my opinion.

144Hz goodness

It will probably have the Rockstar Social Club - not as bad as GFWL but still useless in my opinion.

IMO, it's just as bad. So many problems with it I just gave up on GTA IV.

I just wonder how they are going to handle GTA online on PC. I can see the money hacks pilling up. 

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

I just wonder how they are going to handle GTA online on PC. I can see the money hacks pilling up. 

Yeah I can see that being a problem. But I hear its a real issue on consoles too.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

The last game to have GFWL is Dirt 3, and GFWL was removed from it a long time ago.

"Rawr XD"

i stopped caring about applications to play a game a long time ago... i have steam, uplay & origin, on more shit ass program to play a fucking game doesn't seem to make a difference to me anymore... I like they make it possible to just download your game to any pc and you can play where you left off. That's about the only good thing about it. I miss the times where you would just install the damn thing, crack it so you didn't had to use the freakin' disc every time and be on your gaming mode.

So yeah... no fucks given here :)

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

GFWL is still around. Just no more games are being added to it. Microsoft are putting all their games on steam now. 

gta5 must be on steam, even phantom pain is and all the good stuff will be, too.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

GFWL died, a while ago.

Microsoft actually never killed it off.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-says-it-s-not-shutting-down-games-for-windows-live/1100-6420654/

“We are continuing to support the Games for Windows Live service,” Microsoft said in a statement to Game Informer. “As previously announced, as part of the retirement of Microsoft Points the Xbox.com PC marketplace was closed. Although customers are unable to purchase new games from the marketplace or receive title updates, they can continue to enjoy previously purchased content by downloading them through the Games for Windows Live client as usual. We remain committed to investing in PC gaming in the years ahead, and look forward to sharing more in the future.”

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

GTA V will definitely be avaiable on Steam, but if it contains GFWL and they force us to be online just to save the game, I'm going to pirate the shit out of it

My current rig for entertainment/gaming: i5 4570 3,2GHz; MSI B85M-E45; ZOTAC GTX760 AMP!; 8GB (2x4GB) by Kingston; Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200rpm; Corsair 200R, Corsair VS650; Dell U2312HM, Samsung DVD R/W optical drive; CM Devastator; Corsair MM400 gaming pad

GTA V will definitely be avaiable on Steam, but if it contains GFWL and they force us to be online just to save the game, I'm going to pirate the shit out of it

It won't have GFWL.

GTA IV came in a time where Steam wasn't very big and most games didn't have a service like that at all.

Max Payne 3 as an example was on Steam and GTA V is already listed on Steam so no need to worry.

RTX2070OC 

It won't have GFWL.

GTA IV came in a time where Steam wasn't very big and most games didn't have a service like that at all.

Max Payne 3 as an example was on Steam and GTA V is already listed on Steam so no need to worry.

What?? STEAM wasn't very big in 2008?? The very end of 2008 for that matter (PC release). Valve had 13 million users by the end of 2007, and GFWL was not even launched until 2007. So when GTA IV launched in 2008, STEAM had a much larger customer base than GFWL did.

Also, in 2007, when again STEAM had 13 million users, XBox Live, which launched 5 years earlier in 2002, only had 8 million users. So even comparing it to XBox players at the time, STEAM had more users. Yes XBox Live jumped ahead eventually, but STEAM has since surpassed it by 20 million users.

The only reason why titles like Bioshock and GTA IV were tied to GFWL is because MS paid them a crap load of money for it. At that time MS was claiming they were going to use GFWL to allow cross platform between 360 and PC users, but that never came close to happening except for one or two games.

GFWL was created in direct response to STEAM's success. MS wanted to get into the digital marketplace for PCs. So to claim that GTA IV, or any game, was released on GFWL because "STEAM wasn't very big" is just not true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_Live

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

GFWL is dead, as you said. Yes, they say that they are going to support, but they do not

Regarding GTA we can only hope, that as PC became a more popular, they are going to make a decent GTA 5 with all the goodies, like mod support. We just need to wait for optimalisation. I remember, that when I had a decent (E4600, 2gb ram, GT 9600) back in 2008, and GTA 4 came out, it ran horribly. Still years later, with a much more capable PC, it does not run good....

Rockstar SC will be interesting as you can transfer your character to PC from xbox or playstation.. and I quite like it

And anyway, Rockstar has n other choice than sell it on steam, the biggest and best digital distro on PC that does not belong to any gaming company like Origin or Uplay.

They patched GFWL and the Social thing out of GTA4 I believe you can sign in for the Social club w/e but I never did. So i'm guessing GTA5 for sure won't have gfwl and the social club might just be there but ignored hopefully

OAS || AAS || LLS

GFWL ... Long may it burn in hell.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

They patched GFWL and the Social thing out of GTA4 I believe you can sign in for the Social club w/e but I never did. So i'm guessing GTA5 for sure won't have gfwl and the social club might just be there but ignored hopefully

Yet I get prompted to sign into both. Yes with the legit game via STEAM. The "update" they did also erased my old save file too.

i facepalm myself everytime i see a game with GFWL functionality! it's quite ancient to rely on Microsoft because of piracy!