Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - Day Zero Edition (Explain it to me like I'm 5)

RelentlessAF

Hey guys, does the "day zero" edition of this game even make sense? I mean, it doesn't cost more, you get more stuff and you get it one day earlier... Why not just release the game one day earlier? Am I missing something here?

Lol that game that's still on a modified quake 3 engine? IDK

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

It's to make Call of Duty games hellish for "Christmas Noobs".

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

It's to make people pre order and guaruntee sales.

It's a new tactic, but it's very transparent.

^

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

*Apparently* it isn't anymore but they haven't proven that so i don't know.

It is. It fkin is. Just look at it. It looks no different than the previous hundred games. They added some motion blur. OMG. Wow.

It is. It fkin is. Just look at it. It looks no different than the previous hundred games. They added some motion blur. OMG. Wow.

I haven't looked at any trailers for the game or anything I just saw the steam page and was curious. Well I have seen the multiplayer reveal and it looks like Titanfall. I knew it was going to. Anytime another company makes something better Call of Duty copies it.

it is lol

OP, for the love of everything, don't buy cod. Ever. It represents the worst of the worst in the videogame industry, the ultimate cash grab, the definitive reskin, the final "who-cares-about-improving-it-still-sells", the killer of good games because other publishers try to emulate its success, the game where having the jump on your opponent means you win 100% of the time. DON'T. BUY IT. Please.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

it is lol

OP, for the love of everything, don't buy cod. Ever. It represents the worst of the worst in the videogame industry, the ultimate cash grab, the definitive reskin, the final "who-cares-about-improving-it-still-sells", the killer of good games because other publishers try to emulate its success, the game where having the jump on your opponent means you win 100% of the time. DON'T. BUY IT. Please.

I don't plan to, a friend of mine is giving it to me because he wants someone to play it with. My general nature is to give a game a chance before reaffirming my hatred for it. Usually it's when my dad buys it since he buys all of them but I'll be trying this one earlier. I have played them all and that just makes me know for sure I still don't like it.

Back when COD was the true iw and not so bad, I used to make mods for it. 

Trust me, it still is. I can tell. 

I'm still playing COD2 until it finally dies. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

CoD hate is old. I'm getting the game. It's an easy to pick up and play shooter.

That can be said about a lot of shooters. At the end of the day, it isn't about the game as a whole it's more about it influence.

Back when COD was the true iw and not so bad, I used to make mods for it. 

Trust me, it still is. I can tell. 

I'm still playing COD2 until it finally dies. 

Haha you still play CoD 2 as well? That was the last one I liked in the series :D

I don't plan to, a friend of mine is giving it to me because he wants someone to play it with. My general nature is to give a game a chance before reaffirming my hatred for it. Usually it's when my dad buys it since he buys all of them but I'll be trying this one earlier. I have played them all and that just makes me know for sure I still don't like it.

You're right, it's a good thing to give them a chance, but not in pre-order and anyway the trailers are pretty self explanatory ^^

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

CoD hate is old. I'm getting the game. It's an easy to pick up and play shooter.

It's also 60$ +DLC. Quake live is free.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Haha you still play CoD 2 as well? That was the last one I liked in the series :D

I like mw2. As a pc player no mod tools and p2p servers stabbed me in the back, but fun on consoles. That pc crap was from the IW breakdown at the end of development and Activision being dicks. Last true iw game, good map layout, didn't have guns so weak that people who hip fired killed you first due to flinch. 

IW made 1, 2, 4 and mw2. The good ones. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I like mw2. As a pc player no mod tools and p2p servers stabbed me in the back, but fun on consoles. Last true iw game, good map layout, didn't have guns so weak that people who hip fired killed you first due to flinch. 

IW made 1, 2, 4 and mw2. The good ones. 

For me I only liked 1 and 2. I've always hated Modern War as a topic for games, there's no feeling of wonder and imagination since it's things happening right now. I just prefer feeling like I went back in history and experiencing World War 2 or going further in the future in things like Mass Effect and Halo. I just prefer unrealistic settings I guess.

For me I only liked 1 and 2. I've always hated Modern War as a topic for games, there's no feeling of wonder and imagination since it's things happening right now. I just prefer feeling like I went back in history and experiencing World War 2 or going further in the future in things like Mass Effect and Halo. I just prefer unrealistic settings I guess.

I get it. I was never a fan of the single-player, just the arcade like multiplayer. Yea I really like historical and scifi games. 

muh specs 

All parts black

It's also 60$ +DLC. Quake live is free.

Any brand new AAA game is $60+. What are you trying to prove?

I get it. I was never a fan of the single-player, just the arcade like multiplayer. Yea I really like historical and scifi games. 

Yeah the multiplayer had a certain charm to me. It kind of lost that over time though and I preferred things like Counter-Strike and Halo instead.

Any brand new AAA game is $60+. What are you trying to prove?

That it's the same game over and over. Ever since IW left there's no true changes. 

muh specs 

All parts black