Metro Redux (Booooooo!)

I hope you guys are aware of this since it's been on for quite some time.

What is 'Metro Redux'? - It's the cash grabbing scheme of its developer in which you pay a significant amount of money for the same game that's been out there for a long time now. Honestly.

So these guys, they said they've remade some parts of the game, 'improved' it in some way and some parts were really improved. Better PhysX and stuff. And I've seen it.

You can check it out for yourself here -

Metro 2033

Metro Last Light

My thoughts - I've owned the original Metro games. I've played it. I enjoyed it. It brought a real good experience to me. But it replaced some thing deliberately - as seen in the first video. I for one, don't think it looks better, they've removed the feel it brought. It's supposed to be foggy. And what was that there? A medic from TF2? I mean really? It looks like simple and blatant cash grabbing to me. I know that some devs have done this too like the Tomb Raider whatever edition, and Deus Ex: HR - DC (this by the way, is sort of reasonable, they gave a fair price for it, really). But this is really too much.

Metro 2033 had that horrible micro stuttering thing. It was a deterrent for me to play long hours, but I still finished and enjoyed it. They said it was built into the engine itself so they'd have to redo everything to fix that. Wow. I'm sure you guys know about CD Projekt, those guys behind The Witcher series. They've redone a lot of stuff for the first game and second game for FREE! and it really was a lot of stuff. Why can't these guys just do the same? If they value their fans, they'd do this kind of stuff.

The devs behind the Redux have released a statement as to this a few days back. I didn't like it one bit.

You can bark like a dog, but that won't make you a dog.

You can act like someone you're not, but that won't change who you are.

Finished Crysis without a discrete GPU,15 FPS average, and a lot of heart

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Followed by the "Wow I need to buy the OS for a $100!?"

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

If you owned the previous titles, it's like £17 for the pair. Also, they reworked the game and updates it's graphics. It took them a while to do so, so they deserve something for their efforts do they not?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

lol wat? You're complaining that it's foggy? I hope you have realized that 2033 was one of the worst optimized games for PC, and that the redux was supposed to fix that.

you also realized that they ported the entire game to their new engine right? That's a lot of hard work that you can't just mod back into the first game.

lol wat? You're complaining that it's foggy? I hope you have realized that 2033 was one of the worst optimized games for PC, and that the redux was supposed to fix that.

you also realized that they ported the entire game to their new engine right? That's a lot of hard work that you can't just mod back into the first game.

I did not complain it was foggy, I said I like how the original was foggy. It gave that deserted feel to it.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

For me I start with the "There's no way I'm not gonna spend $1,000 on a system."

Then "Let's start with the 'best budget GPU' and 'best budget CPU' that actually fits what I think is my budget."

Realizing my budget is a lot less, I work my way to "I think these new games will run on a cheap ass CPU."

Then end with "The new parts launching next year is probably gonna be better and faster for the same price so I'll just buy next year."

If you owned the previous titles, it's like £17 for the pair. Also, they reworked the game and updates it's graphics. It took them a while to do so, so they deserve something for their efforts do they not?

Wow, I can't believe it. It's like you're really begging for an EA out of devs. Re-releasing the same game at a high price is bad. Sure, I got a 50% discount on it. But that's still expensive. Update it for free. It's the same game anyway.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

Wow, I can't believe it. It's like you're really begging for an EA out of devs. Re-releasing the same game at a high price is bad. Sure, I got a 50% discount on it. But that's still expensive. Update it for free. It's the same game anyway.

Stop being a pikey, wanting everything for free.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Honestly, I don't really like Metro 2033. The game was horribly depressing and I only clocked in six hours before I felt like listening to intro of Fade to Black on loop.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

My sides have reached orbit.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

I hope you have realized that 2033 was one of the worst optimized games for PC, and that the redux was supposed to fix that.

One could argue that fixing a game you've been selling for years isn't exactly something you should be paid extra for... It's a bit like saying, "welp, the game is broken, but don't worry, there's a 15$ patch that fixes the issues".

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

One could argue that fixing a game you've been selling for years isn't exactly something you should be paid extra for... It's a bit like saying, "welp, the game is broken, but don't worry, there's a 15$ patch that fixes the issues".

agreed but it's graphically improved so..

Why not put their efforts into making a new game instead?

I recently beat Metro 2033 and it doesn't need a remake IMO, not in any way. That said, if they port it over to their new engine and they address issues with the game and improve the graphics then that's fine too. The metro: last light redux seems absolutely pointless. Maybe it's a cool thing for people to pick up both games in a bundle, but that's about it. I won't buy any of them to be honest, but I don't blame them for remaking/remastering it.

And when did I say I wanted "EVERYTHING" for free? I buy games dude. If I'm gonna be paying for a reworked game, it better be worth what it costs. The original Metro games are on sale and would be a steal but this Redux thing is just bad.

How I plan my builds -

Spoiler

I'm going to buy 2033 Redux but not Last Light Redux.

I haven't played 2033 so that's the only way I can justify buying the redux in my opinion. The only other "HD" remake I've bought is Fable Anniversary.

agreed but it's graphically improved so..

... so you're paying to get a little more shine on your game and you can't get the patch that fixes the issues without paying. And honestly there are games for which people released major graphical mods for free after one person spent time doing it, so a bigass publisher who actually made money out of the original game shouldn't really need any more money to do that. I know they ported the game to a new engine, but that was part of fixing the game, which we agreed should be free.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

The Last Light redux looks well done, though it just looks like a small graphics upgrade. Not worth the cash, but still very well done judging by that video. 2033 looks horrid compared to the original.

Not really fussed though since i already own both originals, completed and loved them.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

And when did I say I wanted "EVERYTHING" for free? I buy games dude. If I'm gonna be paying for a reworked game, it better be worth what it costs. The original Metro games are on sale and would be a steal but this Redux thing is just bad.

You had the option to buy it, and you chose to buy. Blame yourself, there is plenty info out there, showing what is offered in the Redux versions, it was enough for you to buy it but yet you still complain.

The Last Light Redux is pretty much a waste of money because the changes are too subtle to justify buying it over a steam sale of the normal Last Light. I might get the 2033 Redux because the original ran like chunk and looks outdated

144Hz goodness

... so you're paying to get a little more shine on your game and you can't get the patch that fixes the issues without paying. And honestly there are games for which people released major graphical mods for free after one person spent time doing it, so a bigass publisher who actually made money out of the original game shouldn't really need any more money to do that. I know they ported the game to a new engine, but that was part of fixing the game, which we agreed should be free.

lol since when was 4A games ever huge?

again, it's not as simple as a mod as a previously had said.

lol since when was 4A games ever huge?

Never said it was, but it's certainly more than one random guy doing it in his spare time.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I've never owned the originals, and I've been holding off until these versions come out. Nothing grinds my gears like an old, un-optimized PC game.

Git Gud.

I've never owned the originals, and I've been holding off until these versions come out. Nothing grinds my gears like an old, un-optimized PC game.

The originals ran fine imo, could max them out on my ol' Deneb chip.

2033 needed a lot of gameplay tweaks other than that it ran fine even maxed out!

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

While I agree with you, you must understand that some companies care only about profit. It was expected that those guys behind Metro will charge extra for anything as we could see in past that they charged money for added difficulty option (Ranger).

Comparing them to someone like CD Project who is totally invested in their fan base is off.

Maybe guys who actually worked on making Metro disagree with policy "pay for everything" too but they are still depends a on publisher who dictates what to do.