Razer Deathadder or Steelseries Sensei or Others(?)

Go to solution Solved by fowlplay,

Thanks for the information and recommendation guys! I'll take time to think more about it! Logitech sounds promising though.  :)

I'm currently using Razer Imperator for around 2 years and its sensor is dying. It would sometime not register on my Razer Destructor 2 mat :( . I'm considering either Razer Deathadder or Steelseries Sensei for my next purchase. I mostly play CSGO and a bit of DOTA2. What do you guys think about these two? Or do you guy guys have other recommendations? My budget is up to $150. Thanks! 

I just got the Sensei RAW and I like it a lot. Can't say anything about the Razer.

The Sensei is a very basic mouse, runs well on a mouse pad and right on my desk as well, the software is good, light weight, nice braded cable, ..........

In my opinion, you can't really go wrong with the Sensei RAW. The Sensei (non RAW) is just the same mouse with a metal case and colored lighting and more expensive, so if you go for Steelseries take the RAW.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

The Deathadder has a "flawless" sensor while the Sensei has acceleration, but a lot of CSGO pros use mice with acceleration

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

I use my Deathadder for playing CS:GO and I gotta say, It's not perfect. From time to time it seems as if I'm losing gunfights do to my mouse jumping around for no reason. Also, the sides of the mouse can get really slippery when I'm gaming, and I constantly find myself having to wipe it off with my shirt.

I've also seen a lot of people complaining about the durability of the Razer mice (though I've had mine for 2 1/2 years and it's still working fine).

On the plus side, the side buttons are placed perfectly, the lighting effects are beautiful, the cable is lightweight, mad the software is excellent.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

On the plus side, the side buttons are placed perfectly, the lighting effects are beautiful, the cable is lightweight, mad the software is excellent.

Most people also hate on their software as well.

I'll put it to you this way. An internet cafe I visit has quite a few Steelseries Senseis. I take my Deathadder with me everytime I go

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

I'm currently using Razer Imperator for around 2 years and its sensor is dying. It would sometime not register on my Razer Destructor 2 mat :( . I'm considering either Razer Deathadder or Steelseries Sensei for my next purchase. I mostly play CSGO and a bit of DOTA2. What do you guys think about these two? Or do you guy guys have other recommendations? My budget is up to $150. Thanks! 

Obligatory g502 recommendation. Personally I would get a steelseries over the Deathadder, but that't just me. You can get a bunch of sugru and cover it so it fits your hand perfectly. 

The Deathadder has a "flawless" sensor while the Sensei has acceleration, but a lot of CSGO pros use mice with acceleration

The Deathadder has one of the worst optical sensors atm, the 2013 that is. Heavily smoothed.

I suggest the Logitech G502 or G402. After buying about 10 mice, the G502 is the one i settled on, until my G402 arrives :) Been using the G502 since easter though

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

The Deathadder has one of the worst optical sensors atm, the 2013 that is. Heavily smoothed.

I suggest the Logitech G502 or G402. After buying about 10 mice, the G502 is the one i settled on, until my G402 arrives :) Been using the G502 since easter though

You can look it up. Pretty much all mice are smoothed, you just gotta use a native dpi

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Deathadder 3.5G was pretty good to me for 2 years till I mashed in Mouse 4 too hard. and G502 lives up to the reviews. (best mouse shape I've tried thus far)

Razer Taipan is good IMO if your looking for a mouse that has a slim profile and is ambidextrous.  Its what i use currently, no complaints.

Thanks for the information and recommendation guys! I'll take time to think more about it! Logitech sounds promising though.  :)

You can look it up. Pretty much all mice are smoothed, you just gotta use a native dpi

Yy, but the Deathadder is special. I think it has about 5-7 m/s of delay caused by smoothing. The new G402 has below 1 m/s at under 2000 DPI.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

high dpi doesnt mean a thing. playing CSGO Im using 0.5 sens ingame with 400dpi

Corsair 800D - i7 3930k @ 3.2GHz – HIS 2 x 7970 - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM - 2 x Corsair Neutron GTX 250GB in raid 0 – Corsair 1200i PSU | BenQ XL2411T 144hz monitor | Sound Blaster ZxR | SteelSeries Siberia V2 | Steelseries Qck+ Na'Vi | Steelseries Sensei [RAW] mouse | Tesoro Colada G3NL Keyboard (Cherry MX Red)

high dpi doesnt mean a thing. playing CSGO Im using 0.5 sens ingame with 400dpi

Who are you referring to?