Best closed back headphones for gaming

djodars

I currently own a pair of Sennheiser's HD 555 which are amazingly good with positional audio BUT, I'm living on a very busy boulevard and when trucks passes by I can't hear anything due to these being open back headphones. Furthermore, when my wife watches the TV which is a couple of feet away from my computer, I can hardly hear footsteps (playing CS:GO competitively) and she can hear everything I play (be it gaming, voices or music) which must be annoying to her.

The ONLY reason I want closed back headphones is to cut out ambient noise and keep it from going out in the apartment.

However, I still want the best positional audio I can get. Is there anything comparable or better than the HD 555's but with a closed back design?

I have no budget limit and I'd rather it be an upgrade than a side or downgrade. I was looking at a modified T50RP like the Mad or Alpha dogs from MrSpeakers but no one seems to have tested them with gaming yet.

Let me know what you think!

Kind of answered my own question with this guide: http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-update-7-9-2014-ultrasone-hfi-15g-added

which lists both the Mad dog, Alpha dog and another suggestion, the Denon D7000 although this one is discontinued.

If you guys have other suggestions, feel free to add to this!