Workstation Build

humaid

Parts bought!

[image coming soon]

I am planning to build a computer in this two weeks hopefully, I have been planning for few months already, my final choices is here.

Specs

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K (Good price, Linus featured it in his new pc build too, woo!)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 Liquid CPU Cooler (Because liquid coolers cool better than heat sinks, looks better too)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-DELUXE (Best motherboard manufacture, has tons of features)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) (CMY32GX3M4A2133C11) (I need 32gb, the online store has corsair and I read online corsair has great memory)
Storage: Western Digital GREEN SERIES 2TB (To store my files in, not for OS)

SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256gb (For OS and Applications, can't find any better brand than Samsung, don't like Samsung much)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Superclocked Video Card (Too late I bought it, it was expensive and was not worth it at all)
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case (Looks great, it comes with 3 fans, 2 front, 1 back too, so not going to purchase any fans soon)
Power Supply: Cooler Master V850 850W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (Cooler Master supplies the best psu)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional (64 bit) (Best OS ever currently, has some bugs but smoothest OS I ever used with latest updates)

All these products above are delivered by dtcae.com within the next day (they are great)

I already bought GTX 780 Ti so can't return that since it is already months from since I purchased it.

Just want to make sure it is compatible and all.

1. Budget & Location
My budget is 2.5K USD, I want the most from it.

I buy my products from uae.dtcae.com (You can change currency above in page)

2. Aim
This system will be used for Web browsing and developing, Online schooling, Programming, Video editing and Minecraft(with shaders mod sometimes)

3. Monitors
I am running two monitors at 1920x1080, they are both different sizes, main is 68 cm(27 us inches) and the secondary is smaller, not exactly sure of size.

4. Peripherals
I will be getting Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit.

I might be getting a keyboard and mouse too, not planned yet.

5. Why are you upgrading?
The computer I am using now is pre-built and is fast, but not that fast as I want, I can't upgrade it, only the ram I upgraded to 16gb, can't upgrade gpu and cpu, best choice is buying a new pc.

Click the like button if I helped you, it only takes 0.5 seconds and does not cost anything!

Yes everything is compatible in your spec.

Nice build, although I would have gone with x2 GTX 780's.

Get a Sandisk SSD, they work good. I have one myself.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

Look good

Though I would throw that black drive out and get blues, you can even raid them if you want more performance AND storage for even less money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Yes everything is compatible in your spec.

Great :)

Nice build, although I would have gone with x2 GTX 780's.

Get a Sandisk SSD, they work good. I have one myself.

I don't really play games.

I will checkout Sandisk SSDs too :)

Look good

Though I would throw that black drive out and get blues, you can even raid them if you want more performance AND storage for even less money

Sadly I can't find the Blue series hard drive, My hard drive is for storing data and archives, Windows and all applications will be running on the SSD.

Ok I will see and compair it with sandisk :)

Click the like button if I helped you, it only takes 0.5 seconds and does not cost anything!

Sadly I can't find the Blue series hard drive, My hard drive is for storing data and archives, Windows and all applications will be running on the SSD.

Where are you located?

If the drive is JUST for storage, there is no  point wasting money on blacks, WD Green or Blue drives are about 1/3 the price for the same storage amount, you could buy more storage for less money

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

i would go with a 780, and later SLi, because that will give better price/performance

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Where are you located?

If the drive is JUST for storage, there is no  point wasting money on blacks, WD Green or Blue drives are about 1/3 the price for the same storage amount, you could buy more storage for less money

I am located in United Arab Emirates, I can try to find it in different places, just on this online store I can't find it, but I will try searching for it in local stores.

i would go with a 780, and later SLi, because that will give better price/performance

Sadly I bought 780 ti already.

I am located in United Arab Emirates, I can try to find it in different places, just on this online store I can't find it, but I will try searching for it in local stores.

If not the Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm drives are great too!

Blacks run 10k rpm and are designed to run programs quickly, they vibrate alot and are quite loud though, if its just mass storage they are an utter waste of money

If not the Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm drives are great too!

Blacks run 10k rpm and are designed to run programs quickly, they vibrate alot and are quite loud though, if its just mass storage they are an utter waste of money

Ok, I appriceate your help :)

Ok, I appriceate your help :)

http://uae.dtcae.com/product/western-digital-hdd-sata-2000gb-greenpower-2213/

these for example 

Sadly I bought 780 ti already.

the 780ti is a great card, its price performance just could be a tiny bit better

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Where are you located?

WD Green Drives are shit and its proven that they fail a lot more than blue or blacks. :^)

WD Green Drives are shit and its proven that they fail a lot more than blue or blacks. :^)

I would recommend blues more  but greens are perfectly find for storing data

Where is the evidence they fail more? (Do not quote that backblaze article)

wait a sec have to search the article again ^^ not backblaze ;)

wait a sec have to search the article again ^^ not backblaze ;)

Waiting :3

gickrcom_5d69851d-36c2-05a4-3935-fe.gif

I have to manually search the "This week in Computer Hardware" Episodes for that so it could take a while....

I have to manually search the "This week in Computer Hardware" Episodes for that so it could take a while....

k, i think i found the episode (it´s 252) but unfortunately there are no shownotes so i don´t have a link :)

Well, not all hard drives fail easily, before it fails(using a hdd health checking app) I can easily buy a new hard drive and replace it, but failing hard drives is not a big problem, since you can easily recover them, especially that green hard drive is for storing files and shouldn't be a problem as ShadowCaptain said :)

k, i think i found the episode (it´s 252) but unfortunately there are no shownotes so i don´t have a link :)

They are probably using the same data

There are very few thoroughly fair scientific tests into this, from my experience working in computer retail for more than 7 years in a 20 million pound a year store, most greens we sold never came back...hitatchi deskstars did though

They are probably using the same data

There are very few thoroughly fair scientific tests into this, from my experience working in computer retail for more than 7 years in a 20 million pound a year store, most greens we sold never came back...hitatchi deskstars did though

Well that is great news! :)

Hey Humaid,

It's a pretty nice build you've done everything looks fantastic. If you are going to use the HDD Drive only for storage the Green one is the perfect choice. They are designed for the every day usage and are very quite. If you are going to use the drive for performance, I mean programming, video editing and etc. The better option will be WD Black and just for the record it is 7200rpm not 10000rpm. The WD VelociRaptor is the one with 10000rpm.

Here are link to check them out:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=760

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=780

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Hope this helps,

Doctor_WD

Hey,

As Doctor_WD said, the WD VelociRaptor series are the ones that run at 10,000 rpm and are designed for heavy workloads and demanding programs.

The levels of vibrations vary a lot depending on the environment, the case of the computer and many other factors. The higher rotation speed naturally causes more vibrations but the mounting rack that the drive is put into minimizes those vibrations and enables the drive to work smoothly and have superb performance.

If you are aiming for really fast drives and want to work with very demanding programs, I would say you should check out WD Xe. Here's a link:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=10

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/