Parts List for ULTIMATE Surround 2.5K Gaming PC Build Guide

Anyone know what the matt Linus is using is? That would be rather helpful for sizing and other stuff

Happy Birthday Linus <3 That's the best build guide i have ever seen, the level of professionalism is over 9000!!

Anyone know what the matt Linus is using is? That would be rather helpful for sizing and other stuff

They're called mod mats, a few places sell them, MNPCTech, FrozenCPU.com (Asks if you want to buy one everytime you order something), probably Performance PCs.

Now, peoples bias/hate for Razer aside, why go to the effort of doing a Razer themed build and then use a Corsair keyboard? That aside, we'd better get a review of that keyboard Linus.

Although from the front, not gonna lie here, it's shit ugly

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Great video. Hated the music however.Is it me or have these build guide been getting shorter? 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Length goes down, quality goes up. 

I think we're better off with shorter, better videos when they know how and what to film and how to piece it together. 

I'm sure they'll come up with a monster 45 minute video for X99 or whatever new killer tech is coming out in the next few months. 

Hello

Wow CG !!! ( and plexus ? )

You might wanna try to motionblur those first and second shot though (or fake it with a directionnal blur) :D

Close-up + moving cam shots tend to stutter like that...

Nice to see some animation enthusiasm on your channel Linus

E

I cant find the case that he is using anywhere! Does anyone know where I can get me a NZXT H440 "Razer Edition"?

I cant find the case that he is using anywhere! Does anyone know where I can get me a NZXT H440 "Razer Edition"?

It hasn't been released yet.l 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

There is literally only one guy in this thread who bit a mark in the use of the RGB Keyboard!

But seriously though, that means they are right around the corner :D

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Great video. Hated the music however.Is it me or have these build guide been getting shorter? 

That music is awesome, do you have banana's in your ears or something? lol

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wait am I confusing something?

Surround = NVIDIA

Eyefinity = AMD

Also red = AMD, green = NVIDIA

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Wait am I confusing something?

Surround = NVIDIA

Eyefinity = AMD

Also red = AMD, green = NVIDIA

He's been getting alot of hate for not using AMD cards in his builds so he go dual R9 290's but it kinda works coz it's budget triple monitor setup. He says surround/eyefinity because we can just switch out 290's for their nvidia equivalents. 

LOVING this build btw. Might actually do something like this but with one of the broadwell chips and dual 880's and a black 760t ;)

He's been getting alot of hate for not using AMD cards in his builds so he go dual R9 290's but it kinda works coz it's budget triple monitor setup. He says surround/eyefinity because we can just switch out 290's for their nvidia equivalents.

Not really, it's like saying we could sli AMD or crossfire NVIDIA even though they basically do the same thing.

The title of the video is a fail imo

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Nice song choice! I like that LMG is using Monstercat songs on their build guide intros. Did Austin Evans have anything to do with that? :P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I got to say i love the camera work and editing that went into this video, really excellent work :)

I am a bit confused about the RAM chosen for this build. The motherboard product page lists:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_Z97_MARK_1/specifications/

4 x DIMM, Max. 32GB, DDR3 1866/1600/1333 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory *

Dual Channel Memory Architecture

Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)

Is the Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133MHz not a bit of overkill here?

*I'll be recreating this build soon I hope :D (or whenever prices drop :P)

Phil Collins?

Oh, wait. It's that dreadful rap that Linus did.

I thought it was hilarious.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Wrong thread....

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I've been waiting months for this.. (one month actually, but it felt longer than that)

Sorry in advance for the photo spam, but with a spoiler no one would see these :P

-snip-

Where the hell did you get the H440 Razer edition? I've been looking for one forever. D:

Nice build, but if the memory size on the graphics cards was a concern, why not go with dual 780s with 6GB? I'm didn't really check how 290 (non-X) and 780 compare, but I'm sure 290 can be that much better and the 6GB on the 780 would give a bit more future proofness.

CPU: Intel i7 950 | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4GB | SSD: 256GB 840 Pro | HDD 1: SAMSUNG HD103SJ 1TB | HDD 2: WD 320GB | RAM: Crucial XMS3 12GB (6x 2GB) | Case: Corsair R200 | PSU: LCPower 650W | Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo