Pre-Ordering Games

Majestic

:( I am sorry dude

I have spent a lot of my life looking at amazing parts, systems and laptops wishing I could afford them but I can't so it makes me sad :(

Please, no Console vs. PC discussion. 

But why is it important that you pre-ordered it, instead of waiting for release. I mean this IS Bioware/EA we're talking about, not exactly the most respected/trustworthy of publisher/devs right now. You trust them implicitly to make a game that will be worth your 60bucks? What have they done to earn your unconditional trust?

Honestly nothing is worth preordering on steam and origin now because you can just buy the digital deluxe editions after release

But why is it important that you pre-ordered it, instead of waiting for release. I mean this IS Bioware/EA we're talking about, not exactly the most respected/trustworthy of publisher/devs right now. You trust them implicitly to make a game that will be worth your 60bucks? Why, what have they done to earn your trust. 

The simple fact that I can happily play Origins from start to finish plus Awakening, Leliana's Song and Witch Hunt without getting bored as well as complete DA 2 and DLC without getting bored, plus I like the direction they have taken with Inquisition so I felt I would get enough time out of it to make the cost worth it, something I could not convince myself of with ESO

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

But why is it important that you pre-ordered it, instead of waiting for release. I mean this IS Bioware/EA we're talking about, not exactly the most respected/trustworthy of publisher/devs right now. You trust them implicitly to make a game that will be worth your 60bucks? What have they done to earn your unconditional trust?

I guess trusting a company you have had past experiences is not THE worst thing imaginable, for example lets say somebody has played GTA 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

If 6 comes out, that person is likely to pre-order as they know what to expect, the game might be worst GTA, or the best, but they know there is a 90% probability it will be GTA, that the company that made it will have done the same job as previous and that they enjoyed it immensely

That is a rather low risk

Then something else comes along, perhaps by an unheard of developer, or a brand new IP, that is where I draw the line on pre-orders, you have NO idea what its like, and if its bad its a waste of money

That said, pre-ordering is not the problem, its the complaining after. If you can afford to spend 30-60$ on a game and it turn out shitty, fair enough, dont come crying to me that your gamble turned sour

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I guess trusting a company you have had past experiences is not THE worst thing imaginable, for example lets say somebody has played GTA 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

If 6 comes out, that person is likely to pre-order as they know what to expect, the game might be worst GTA, or the best, but they know there is a 90% probability it will be GTA, that the company that made it will have done the same job as previous and that they enjoyed it immensely

That is a rather low risk

Then something else comes along, perhaps by an unheard of developer, or a brand new IP, that is where I draw the line on pre-orders, you have NO idea what its like, and if its bad its a waste of money

That said, pre-ordering is not the problem, its the complaining after. If you can afford to spend 30-60$ on a game and it turn out shitty, fair enough, dont come crying to me that your gamble turned sour

Don't worry if Inquisition is broken at launch (personally I half expect it to be) I won't complain I'll play something else (I have got multiple games to play through) and when playable then I will spend a lot of time on it.

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Don't worry if Inquisition is broken at launch (personally I half expect it to be) I won't complain I'll play something else (I have got multiple games to play through) and when playable then I will spend a lot of time on it.

See that attitude is fair enough, knowing its a gamble that might have consequences if fine. But people are like, "I sold my kidneys to buy watch dogs and its rubbish" 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

See that attitude is fair enough, knowing its a gamble that might have consequences if fine. But people are like, "I sold my kidneys to buy watch dogs and its rubbish"

People sold there kidneys for watch dogs they got ripped off

I still don't agree, because you're basically telling them to release as many broken titles as they want, and take as long as they want to fix them with your already-earned money. Taking away the complaints is just going to perpetuate publishers not bothering to finish their games and I don't think publishers like EA deserve to be payed upfront for their games (especially not now). I understand that if you played GTA 2, 3, 4 and 5 with great joy, you will likely find 6 awesome. And you will likely go out and buy the 6th installment. However, that is still no incentive to pre-order the game. 

So the questionn remains, what benefit (except for some bait they're dangling in your face, like skinpacks or weapons or content that's been cut-away for this cynical purpose) does pre-ordering have over just buying it on launch (when the cat is out of the bag).

I still don't agree, because you're basically saying to release as many broken titles, and take as long as they want to fix them with your already-earned money. Taking away the complaints is just going to perpetuate publishers not bothering to finish their games and I don't think publishers like EA deserve to be payed upfront for their games (especially not now). I understand that if you played GTA 2, 3, 4 and 5 with great joy, you will likely find 6 awesome. And you will likely go out and buy the 6th installment. However, that is still no incentive to pre-order the game. 

So the questionn remains, what benefit (except for some bait they're dangling in your face, like skinpacks or weapons) does pre-ordering have over just buying it on launch (when the cat is out of the bag).

There is absolutely no reason to preorder but people do it anyway because they can

So the questionn remains, what benefit (except for some bait they're dangling in your face, like skinpacks or weapons) does pre-ordering have over just buying it on launch (when the cat is out of the bag).

As I say it only makes sense if there is a deal going, like 25% off, or "the first 1000 pre-orders gets the previous game free" or something

If the game is $50 to pre-order, and the game is out for $50 normally, there is no benefit to pre-order, and if anything you are at a disadvantage because the game might be broken or shit andn you have no way of knowing

As I say it only makes sense if there is a deal going, like 25% off, or "the first 1000 pre-orders gets the previous game free" or something

If the game is $50 to pre-order, and the game is out for $50 normally, there is no benefit to pre-order, and if anything you are at a disadvantage because the game might be broken or shit andn you have no way of knowing

There is the benefit of limited edition statues and stuff like the one that came with titanfall

There is the benefit of limited edition statues and stuff like the one that came with titanfall

Yeah if the game comes with something worth pre-ordering, weapon skins and stuff are not enough in my opinion, but some people really dig them

Everyone has to bear in mind, that $60 wasted on a game to some people is nothing, where as to others its a major decision 

Yeah if the game comes with something worth pre-ordering, weapon skins and stuff are not enough in my opinion, but some people really dig them

Everyone has to bear in mind, that $60 wasted on a game to some people is nothing, where as to others its a major decision

Spending $5 is a major decision to me that's why I don't have a new pc

Spending $5 is a major decision to me that's why I don't have a new pc

Buying a cheap PC instead of a console would've probably been better then. On steam sales you can get more games for less money than you would on a console.

Now i'm digressing though.

Buying a cheap PC instead of a console would've probably been better then. On steam sales you can get more games for less money than you would on a console.

Now i'm digressing though.

So should I cancel my pre order and build a cheap pc or what

If value or money is an issue, yes I would if I were you. Consoles are far from the cheaper option. 

Make a thread in http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/5-cpus-motherboards-and-memory/ and we'll continue there.

I've made one in general discussion because it's tech in general

I'm not against the purchase of games, not even at retail prices. But why pre-order and not just purchase at launch (after just verifying on the internet it atleast 100% works), and why get baited by pre-order content. Pre-order bonus content is just exclusion of content held at ransom. In the end we'll all lose if people continue to support that business model.

generally, game reviews ruin the experience for me. If I don't usually find a glitch or whatnot & a review mentions it, I'll find the experience less exciting. Idk that's just me

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.