Note neo sm-n7505

nick99n

this is my first review Ever .(hope it's ok)

I do this review because none has ever done one and almost none has ever heard of this device.(i own this 2 months)

this phone looks like a note 3(with some small differences) but is has performance closer to note 2

It features a 6 core processor (4 cores at 1.3 and 2 at 1.7)

5.5 inch screen (720p) amoled 

8mp camera 

4.3 JB but the 3g variant got 4.4.2 a week ago

and a massive 3100 mah battery

moar here http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_3_neo-5961.php

.SCREEN.

the screen is the worse part of the phone by far 

the pixels are not visible and the screen at max brightness can be read under the brightest sun 

BUT the screen at lowest brightness it flickers which i noticed at 3 week of heavy use.people at forums say that they have it too and a guy went to samsung center to fix it and they said it is normal for amoled screens it is normal but annoying for sure sometimes ,personally i forgot about it .the worse part about the screen is the "scrolling blur" when tou scroll and there is a black or blue area displayed and you scroll it will appear purple.Before this phone i had an s2 i was used to the problem but this time is massive !if you scroll fast enough you may see over a cm wide of purplish color 

.PERFORMANCE.

I dont know where to say this but the phone froze once at the lock screen and once in the loading screen of real racing 3.Also the sd i had was getting "inserted" and "removed" every once in a while but all of the where solved with my new sd and i have never seen such problem the past 1 month and a half.

The phone is a beast it scores 30000 to 32000 in antutu (no oc ) (if you want me to try other benchmarks tell me ).I can play reall racing 3 and every demanding game without any problem ,it has never lagged  

the ram usage even with removed bloatware is high .normaly it will get even 1.4 gigs out of 1.7 GB with no aparent reason but with greenify and removing apps i can get 1.2 out of 1.7 gigs of ram used (hope this gets fixed a bit with KK)

.BATTERY.

The battery life unrooted and fully stock was sort of ok (3-4 hours of OST with some gaming)

but with root i uninstalled a lot of bloatware and i can get 4 hours of real racing 3 in a row and 7 hours of ost reading books and playing lower demanding games

.CAMERA.

camera is really nice at normal lighting but it has a lot of noise at night with only my room lamp on and it gets worse with even lower lighting

this had a bit low lighting 

here are some pics :)20140812_183555.jpg

the next was in a sunny day20140814_163723.jpg

this was at the sunset20140818_193940.jpg

.CONCLUSION(and extra notes).

If you ask me i would buy this phone again .The speaker is clear the built quality is really nice (coming from a phone with metalic frame).There are no custom roms for this phone so it may disapoint some ,and samsung has decided to cut down some features e.g. there are no screen modes bacause it is a cheaper device (seems fair to me)but this phone come with a lot of other "Extras" that some budget device wont have like ir blaster.

​If you are someone who can live without custom roms i would highly recommend this one 

Nice review, interesting, I was not aware there was a budget version of the note 3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii