First time budget build!

This is my first time trying to buld a pc. I've been reading and watching a lot of videos. My max budget is around 600$. I've selected some parts and I'd like to give me some advise. Deep inside i know this build suck, but im waiting you to tell me how much :P.

These are the parts:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rYcP8d

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor  ($129.99 @ Newegg) 

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card  ($189.99 @ Newegg) 

Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID ATX Mid Tower Case  ($29.99 @ Micro Center) 

Total: $596.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-19 21:55 EDT-0400

small edit.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Holy cow that is so overprice for a 660 thats like a $100 card now and it not good for gaming. get a R9 270 of a 750ti

Thank you for your advise im a noob at this now... What about the mobo and other part?

Thank you for your advise im a noob at this now... What about the mobo and other part?

I personally don't like MSI boards. Asus makes the best boards In my opinion

I personally don't like MSI boards. Asus makes the best boards In my opinion

What about Asus M5A97 R2.0?

You'll need a copy of windows unless you use linux.

Im aware of that but this is the budget only for hardware :D

What about Asus M5A97 R2.0?

Great board only thing is it only supports corssfire. So don't plan on get 2 Nvidia cards. I possible get the M5 a99fx pro r 2.0

Great board only thing is it only supports corssfire. So don't plan on get 2 Nvidia cards. I possible get the M5 a99fx pro r 2.0

How does this look: 

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JjkyHx
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JjkyHx/by_merchant/

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($24.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Kingston Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($75.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($55.98 @ OutletPC) 
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $646.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-20 07:39 EDT-0400

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $596.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-19 21:55 EDT-0400
small edit.

Get an FX 6xxx CPU and then a small SSD to go with it. 8xxx just consumes power and fries bacon.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Get an FX 6xxx CPU and then a small SSD to go with it. 8xxx just consumes power and fries bacon.

Actually i was thinking to switch to intel, because i think that would allow me for a better future upgrade. What would you recommend ?

Actually i was thinking to switch to intel, because i think that would allow me for a better future upgrade. What would you recommend ?

If you're willing to spend the money, buy the i5 4690k

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

How does this look:

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JjkyHx

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JjkyHx/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($129.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: Kingston Black Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($75.99 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($55.98 @ OutletPC)

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB Dual-X Video Card ($189.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Thermaltake Commander MS-I ID ATX Mid Tower Case ($29.99 @ Micro Center)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $646.91

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-20 07:39 EDT-0400

Looks great for preformace. Only thing is in a couple weeks AMD is going to be cutting the prices of the FX CPUs so I'd wait a couple weeks and get a 8350. And you didn't have to get the 99fx board since you are getting a AMD card, but it does have a faster chipset and in the future you might want an Nvidia card so that's ones up to you. Last thing is I'm not a fan of cheap cases more expensive cases are so much easier to build in with better features and cables management. When they chop the CPU prices either go with a 8350 or keep the 8320 and get a corsiar spec 01 case.

You'll need a copy of windows unless you use linux.

Nobody needs windows we've only excepted it's convenience, but nowadays you can run pretty much anything on i.e. ubuntu in "wine" or "playonlinux" with little to no performance loss as well. At least that's what i've been told ;) I'll try it out myself soon.

As for the build I've made good exps with my A10 7850k and some nice 2400Mhz RAM B)

I'm considering upgrading with a 270 or 280 as well... yep I'm an AMDs boy, apparently.

Cases I'd say are 100% matter of taste I'd not advice anyone to get anything else than a Node 804 but I'm drooling here.

Mobo, go for a cheap one that has all the features you really need people spend way to much money on Mobos IMHO

(Optical drives are a waist of money, space,time , etc... get a 64Gb USB 3.0 stick instead)

oh yeah what do you need the stuff for anyway? gaming I guess.

Holy cow that is so overprice for a 660 thats like a $100 card now and it not good for gaming. get a R9 270 of a 750ti

If its a 750ti i would go on gigabytes black edition, its just, awesome bang for the buck