How good is Metro: Last Light?

CyanOG

I love it, it's one of my fav games, on my 4th play through now, just love looking at it. . . granted gameplay wise it's not the best, but that's what I use BF4 for. . . in terms of story, visual fidelity and just being something abit different I think it's great, the concept the ideas and all that stuff.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Metro Last Light is an amazing game. I give it a solid 9/10. You can actually, no BS, choose if you want to go stealth of guns blazing. This game does both styles right.

"Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity"

- George Carlin (1937-2008)

I think its popularity was exaggerated by numerous tech reviewers who used it as a benchmark of graphical performance. They used BF4 because it was popular, they used Metro because it was demanding.

The Battlefield games get used in benchmarks because they provide a very good "average" baseline for performance. The CoD games are way more popular than the Battlefield series. Ghosts has sold over 12 million copies, more than double BF4's 5 million, and Ghosts is not even close to being the best selling CoD game. But since they've been using the same exact engine for the CoD games since 2005, the CoD games don't offer a relevant test of performance.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I have completed 3 missions :) im on that one where you have to be sneaky and your friend is captured .. lovin this :P

MY RIG | AMD FX-8320 | COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 EVO | ASUS M5A97 R2.0 | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT 8GB DDR3-1600MHz | WD CAVIAR BLUE 1TB | ASUS RADEON R9 280 3GB DIRECTCU II | CORSAIR 300R | CORSAIR CX 600W 80+ BRONZE | 1x COOLER MASTER SICKLEFLOW 120mm | WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64-BIT | DELL S2240M 21.5' 1080p <p> | G602 | G710+ MOBILE| ONEPLUS ONE 64GB RUNNING OXYGENOS  | NEXUS 4 16GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP | NEXUS 7 2013 32GB RUNNING LOLLIPOP

The Battlefield games get used in benchmarks because they provide a very good "average" baseline for performance. The CoD games are way more popular than the Battlefield series. Ghosts has sold over 12 million copies, more than double BF4's 5 million, and Ghosts is not even close to being the best selling CoD game. But since they've been using the same exact engine for the CoD games since 2005, the CoD games don't offer a relevant test of performance.

I don't doubt the popularity of CoD, but are these statistics consistent? As in do they cover all platforms?

I'd add that an average is useless when we all have our gaming preferences and hence there isn't a "one size fits all" GPU solution

I don't doubt the popularity of CoD, but are these statistics consistent? As in do they cover all platforms?

I'd add that an average is useless when we all have our gaming preferences and hence there isn't a "one size fits all" GPU solution

If you bothered to click the links you would see it covers all platforms. I did accidently quote NA numbers instead of global, but Ghosts still sold twice as many copies. 22.12 million world wide for Ghosts and 10.12 million world wide for BF4. Just follow the links are read for yourself. VGChartz is an excellent site with its main purpose being to track game and hardware sales numbers.

An average baseline is the most important benchmark to go by. Of course there is no "one size fits all" GPU solution, but the BF series is consistently optimize equally for both Nvidia and AMD, with graphics power demands that are perfectly in the "average" category. That's exactly why so many review sites use the BF games as a benchmark. If was based on popularity, like you "think" it is, CoD games would be used instead. 

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I enjoyed the story/setting, but I got bored with it near the end. I still thought it was a good game though, 7.5/10, and good graphics to boot.

i7-4770k @3.5GHz | 2 EVGA gtx 780 SC ACX in SLI | AsRock Xtreme4 z87 | Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 | Corsiar HX-850 | NZXT Phantom 410 |                                                                                                                                                   CoolerMaster Siedon 120XL AIO Water Cooler | X-Star 1440p 27"

If you bothered to click the links you would see it covers all platforms.

I do apologise, but I was on my phone and drunk at the time so it's not so simple :P

metro is really a great game, but it scared the shit out of me sometimes :P i do recommend to buy the redux versions of the games, since it is a shit job to make a run smoothly & the redux should fix that problem.

& goat simulator? just pirate that shit ass game... haven't heard one good word of it :P

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/