best programing language to learn ( or most helpful in real life )

ajlouni
Go to solution Solved by robodude666,

If you have experience in C/C++, you can look into pretty much any language you're interested in. It depends on what you want to do with it.

Python

Ruby

C#

Java

Javascript

NodeJS

Or any of the others listed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programming_languages

Frankly, there's no such thing as "best programming language." There's "favorite programming language," but "best" is opinion-based. If you provide specific uses, or choices, it's possible to comment on the pros/cons of each language for that application. But there is no best overall language.

as the title says 

if i helped you and im right give me best answer ok  ;)

They are all useful in thier own right. But the most useful are probably html and C#

+1, C# is a really good language to start on, as is Python.

as a programer who knows c & c++ what can i do  

+1, C# is a really good language to start on, as is Python.

Especially since knowing C# opens up A LOT of job opportunities in many different programming fields.

as a programer who knows c & c++ what can i do  

You can start with this:

That'll give you a pretty basic intro into C# as a language.

Other than that you can look into tutorials on YouTube as well as Lynda.com and documentation.

If you want to get into game design I recommend you download the Unity 3D engine and use their scripting reference and just start coding some cool stuff.

You can start with this:

That'll give you a pretty basic intro into C# as a language.

Other than that you can look into tutorials on YouTube as well as Lynda.com and documentation.

If you want to get into game design I recommend you download the Unity 3D engine and use their scripting reference and just start coding some cool stuff.

so to make a game similer to mario will it be hard 

They are all useful in thier own right. But the most useful are probably html and C#

Technically speaking, HTML is not a programming language, but Javascript is, which is very useful.

Technically speaking, HTML is not a programming language, but Javascript is, which is very useful.

True but typically html would be used more often than Javascript.

Not too hard really, once you get the basic mechanics down it would mostly be down to art work.

Not too hard really, once you get the basic mechanics down it would mostly be down to art work.

yah the artwork its a bain in the ass i don't even know how to draw a body 

yah the artwork its a bain in the ass i don't even know how to draw a body 

Well if you are just trying to build a portfolio and have projects to show potential employers. Don't worry about the looks of the game. They care more about functionality than anything else so experiment. Try to do things that are really complicated as you start to learn and just keep building on what you have.

HTML is not a programming language, nor is it helpful really. HTML simply defines the layout of a webpage. It is also definitely not used as much as JavaScript.

C# can be useful, and I would recommend it, as well as Java. In a lot of ways I'd rather use Java as it has more 3rd party library's available to it so you won't need to re-invent the wheel as much and it is cross platform. Both will do just fine for games.

Python can be useful, especially if this will just be a hobby. 

If you have experience in C/C++, you can look into pretty much any language you're interested in. It depends on what you want to do with it.

Python

Ruby

C#

Java

Javascript

NodeJS

Or any of the others listed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programming_languages

Frankly, there's no such thing as "best programming language." There's "favorite programming language," but "best" is opinion-based. If you provide specific uses, or choices, it's possible to comment on the pros/cons of each language for that application. But there is no best overall language.

You will have to use a game engine for that or you will have to make your own, I would use Unity as you have to program in c#

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.