Low frame rates in Metro: Last Light please help!

Hello, I am having issues with running Metro: Last Light. Fraps is indicating that I am getting only 8-9 FPS during the intro of the game (acquiring your gear, going to the shooting range, ect.) I am using the settings listed: 1920 x 1080 resolution, quality set to low, SSAA off, texture filtering set to AF 4x, motion blur is normal, tessellation is off and Vertical Sync is also off. Basically the lowest settings. My video card is an EVGA GTX 660 ti FTW edition. If anyone could maybe help me out with this issue or just clarify that nothing is wrong that would be great. Thanks.

CPU? 

Nevermind, make sure all your drivers are up to date and not beta. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

What CPU are you using?

Try playing around with the PhysX setting. Sometime that is just broken. And make sure your PhysX driver is set to use the GPU.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Have you tried turning off advanced Physx? if not, then do so, and your problem should be solved.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

My CPU is an i5 3570k at 4.2GHz, I have the most up to date driver via GeForce Experience. I will look for the Advanced PhysX, there is no option for it under the video settings while playing the game I might have to go to the main menu :/ Thank you for the quick replies.

I had this issue at that spot, there were parts where the game would just dip down to like 15 fps then run fine again, I found a patch but couldn't find it again after a while. a fresh install sorted it  out but i'm not sure that's going to be the solution for everyone

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Sorry for the double post, but I think I have resolved the issue. Turing off the Advanced PhysX didn't change the problem I had, but I continued to play and once I reached a certain point in the game my frame rates jumped to 400+. So I turned up the settings and I have been averaging ~70 fps. Thanks for everyone's input. Very odd that the game was limiting the frame rate in the intro to the game. 

I have a GTX 780 and I had this problem with Physx too, you have to manually update physx in the nvidia control panel because updating geforce experience doesnt work. as soon as I updated the drivers I could play with physx with a solid 50fps.

My PC rig: I7-4790, Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z87, EVGA GTX 780 SC ATX 6GB, Thermaltake Urban S31 Case with Window, Corsair RM 850, Samsung Evo 120gb SSD, 5TB HDD, Kingston Hyper 1866 8GB RAM