What is wrong with my Raid?

iain

Hi there :-) 

This is the specifications of my server.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz Socket AM3+
Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P
Ram: Crucial 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Ballistix Sport Memory
SSD : Crucial v4 32GB SATA 3GB 2.5 SSD

I found out that the raid controller of my motherboard did not support 3tb raid 1. So i bought a High Point RocketRaid 1740. This supports the array and if i configure it and format it it shows up in windows. But after about 2 minuets of copying files to the array the beeper on the card goes off and the logs say.
  error.gif 2014/8/19 15:30:7 Disk 'ST3000DM001-1ER166-Z5005W3J' at Controller1-Channel1 failed. error.gif 2014/8/19 15:29:59

Disk 'ST3000DM001-1ER166-Z5005W0H' at Controller1-Channel2 failed.

If i click refresh on the web gui it works but then it happens again.

Thanks

Iain

Have you checked to see if the drives are healthy on their own? i.e. not on the RAID controller?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Have you checked to see if the drives are healthy on their own? i.e. not on the RAID controller?

I had them running fine on my own pc.

I had them running fine on my own pc.

They may have a slow spin-up time, which is causing the RAID controller to say they have failed. I would check the specifications for maximum spin-up time on the RAID controller and the spin-up time for your drives.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.