Gaming Journalism (Video - 24:12)

SpaghettiCarbonara

So I just watched this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5-51PfwI3M

Here's some of the links he mentioned, in case you dont want to open the video in YT.

Wizardchan Album: http://imgur.com/a/4VOcx
Zoepost blog: http://thezoepost.wordpress.com/

What are your thoughts?

I think the whole feminist/left wing movement sweeping through the gaming industry is disgusting. Gaming is about playing games and having fun while doing it, it's not something to be taken so seriously and be influenced by these kinds of people, it should be separated completely from the issues of our society. It will have a negative impact on the gaming industry IMO.

Regarding this Zoe Quinn woman, it'd be nice if GabeN bought the hammer down on her game and made everything she did more publicly known, but one can only hope :rolleyes:

P.S; Not sure if this is the right section to post in as this is about the gaming industry in general. Could a mod move it to the right section if it's not?

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

The problem raised in the video is not so much the influence that feminism or left-wing ideologies have on gaming (Watch InternetAristocrat's other videos for that)

The problem is more that the ´new media´ (the internet) is beginning to suffer from the same problems that ´old media´ (TV, newspapers and radio) suffers from.

That being partisanship and a openly corrupt system, where you can get what you want as long as you can pay or fuck the right people. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The problem raised in the video is not so much the influence that feminism or left-wing ideologies have on gaming (Watch InternetAristocrat's other videos for that)

The problem is more that the ´new media´ (the internet) is beginning to suffer from the same problems that ´old media´ (TV, newspapers and radio) suffers from.

That being partisanship and a openly corrupt system, where you can get what you want as long as you can pay or fuck the right people. 

Yeah I understand that, I guess the reason I mentioned that is because those ideologies are the more common ones they focus on.

waffle waffle waffle on and on and on

The assassins creed unity thing is worth mentioning for the wrong kind of influence. 6 main games and no one gave a shit that is was a male only protagonist. Here comes the 7th and suddenly it's sexist. All of the main "journalism " websites  like gawker sites, including gizmodo and kotaku (which is not journalism, just click bait shite) had a mini freak out about this. 
Do I have ubisoft? YES!

Was ubisoft's response to this pretty stupid? YES!

But does the fact that unity doesn't have a main female protagonist  matter? It shouldn't! 

I guess let's Ignore that a recent AC game had a female as the main playable character. 
Ignore that it takes place in a time when females were not treated as equals.

I guess Bioshock Infinite should have had black people as a non-repressed, equal sect of their society? 

I fucking hate it when feminism and political correctness takes over games, because everyone just follows with it in order to not be outcast as some woman abusing neanderthal if you don't agree. 

(These same people ignore the abuse of women in middle eastern societies as a part of "tolerance" for their society and call you racist from bringing it up.)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

The internet is filled with insane cunts, this is nothing new. Political correctness and the victim complex obsession of modern feminism be damned. Tumblr feminists are horrible people as is the drama involved for those obsessed with being PC to the point of it being a joke.

yes I would agree, there is also the case for mobs like IGN that only give high scores if there paid off.

Saying that I dont have a problem women doing what ever they want if there good at it do it, but it really shits me off when people get a leg up or a promotion because there fucked someone. This has happened both ways at my work and passed off as nothing, when it actually becomes an accountable thing I can only see things moving forward

Its all about those volumetric clouds

oooops double post

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Wow... I didn't believe it would be possible but after 6 months it finally happened, it actually happened, this just happened... I've actually found something better than School Days (the visual novel and the anime adaptation).

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>