oh @nicklmg

we do have a build log of a dual socket workstation running Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 for a total of 24 cores and 48 treads and dual Titan Zs

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/190513-dual-xeon-dual-titan-z-gamingworkstation-beast-name-tbd/

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Not bad really. Just that price.  I want a quad socket super micro board with higher clocked 6 or 8 cores myself. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

-snip- dual socket workstation running Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2 for a total of 24 cores and 48 treads and dual Titan Zs

O.o Holy mother of... that's ridiculous, too awesome.

I can't wait until we get this project fully underway, it's going to be a lot of fun! (and there will be plenty of coverage so you guys will be with us every step of the way :D)

I can't wait until we get this project fully underway, it's going to be a lot of fun! (and there will be plenty of coverage so you guys will be with us every step of the way :D)

yea when that rig is done 

please be sure to nominate it for the "build of the week" polls

btw the builder is a gurl ;)

if you noticed the OP

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I'd love to see the big room project have a res like this for nerdgasm 

check-out-this-hot-tub-car-that-520x245.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Suddenly I feel my 4 core 4790k is a bit lame. One processor is already more expensive than my entire rig. :(

Anyway, very excited to see your "swimming pool" water cooling system....

I need this system now!

How does $50 sound for the lot?

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

While it is interesting to hear about more power I would love to see charts showing how much faster this is vs common cpus gamers get doing tasks they will be doing at LTT.  Heck I wish I was using the hardware I had for a better purpose.  Gaming isn't everything.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

You think the V2's are hot, wait till you get a load of OC-able V3's coming around the corner.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Whats this i'm hearing about a water cooled room at LMG HQ? 

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Not only "Intel Confidential", but also an "ES" (i.e. Engineering Sample).

So either your Intel sent it to you for free, or you bought it illegally :P

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Random question, why not a ASUS X79 WS board?

I'd bet, that there Mega-Water-Cooling-Project gets (to some degree) sponsored by

Cooler Master

Kingston

and Asus

So I'd bet they take what they get ;)

When they first mentioned the whole house water cooling, I was half expecting it to not come about because of... something lame. The more it's mentioned, the more I get excited about it. It has to be the coolest craziest thing I've heard of in a long time, and I love it...

With that workstation I'll be expecting a lot more explosions, and how about some 3D sidekicks... zdtv used to have tilde.

YgxobrV.jpg

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Random question, why not a ASUS X79 WS board?

I can't remember what video he said it in, but he basically said asus made only 3 x79 that were made for ocing (or maybe had a specific feature), and this was the only one below $500

I always guarantee that no more than 50% of what I say is useful.

Ok, this video is awesome and all, but there are three problems:

1. He should have used a P9X79-E WS board cuz that is better for workstations and stuff. (You love this board, Linus. I know you do.)

2. He still should have used ECC memory because it corrects errors and that is pretty good for workstation use.

as I said before, I bet that at least some of the parts are sponsored, so not to much choice here ;)

Well, ok. That I can understand. Kind of. But the UEFI BIOS part I WILL NOT tolerate.

Why not? Not that big of a deal lots of people say it just in case they've never heard of UEFI but know what a BIOS is  :P

Also @LinusTech could you please submit this to the Cinebench thread? :)

Because it makes no sense. You can have a UEFI, or you can have a BIOS. You can't have a UEFI BIOS. It's like saying you have a red green apple. A red apple that is green.

Doesn't matter that much :(

Because it makes no sense. You can have a UEFI, or you can have a BIOS. You can't have a UEFI BIOS. It's like saying you have a red green apple. A red apple that is green.

But red apples are green(ish) on the inside! :o

jk xD

BTW, this CPU is baller

Was the 3.39GHz clock with the RAM still at 1400MHz? If so is it still stable if you bump that up? 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches