Is Alienware overpriced?

PapaGangster

Not really, you could get much better quality and performance for the price. (I mean that alienware is overpriced)

(For desktops)

For their laptops, there are many options for gaming laptops. But I would stick with Asus, Lenovo, or MSI for gaming laptops. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Yes it is overpriced as shit. Payed $2000 for a 650m because I didn't know better at the time. And may I mention is is falling apart after about a year and 8 months. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Sorta. I find only getting a R9 270 in a gaming PC that costs $2k overpriced.

It's a bit overpriced. You could build a much better system yourself for the same amount of money.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

It would be like paying $100,000 for a single bedroom apartment

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

extremely ROG's aren't

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

If you buy a asus one or msi, you would get better performance for less money.

Alienware are overpriced, but its like Apple products.  Its because of the "style" factor and the brand that makes them want it.   

Because for someone like me, seeing an Alienware makes me feel so angry, but for allot of others Alienware computers are a style item that look amazing and look powerful.  So yeah, they are overpriced.  But if your friend wants one I say its good to tell him they are overpriced but don't worry about changing his opinion, because they ARE good computers.   Just, they cost far too much for what they are. 

YES EXTREMELY OVERPRICED JUNK PCS

After Dell bought them they went straight to hell.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Yes they are, look for example at the Alienware 17, the one with the R9 290XM, it costs over $2100 and is a big fat laptop that doesn't even have an SSD, and if you want to add a decent one magically the price rises to $2400. The one with the 880M costs $3000...
Now, take a look at the Gigabyte P25Xv2-SP1, it has a 880M, an i7 4810MQ, 128GB SSD, 1TB Hard drive, it's thinner, lighter and costs around $1800.

A little, but it's more the fact they stuff 2011 series i7s with GTX 660s and call that a 'high end gaming machine'

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Alienware PCs are overpriced but they used to be worse. They used to be insanely overpriced. A few years ago, Alienware would release a new PC/Laptop model that would be priced somewhat competitively, and then they would go on to sell the same PC with the same hardware for extended periods of time at the same price without upgrading the hardware.

At this point there's just a pretty substantial markup for the brand with no actual benefits.

It would be like paying $100,000 for a single bedroom apartment

where i live, a single bedroom apartment is like minimum 300k

CPU: i7 4770k@4.3Ghz GPU: GTX 780ti Motherboard: ROG maximus vi formula PSU: Evga supernova 1000w Platinum

Case: NZXT Switch 810 Memory: g.skill ripjaws X Cooler: Corsair h100i(getting custom loop when i get money next) Storage: Samsung 840 evo 250gb Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: SteelSeries Rival

where i live, a single bedroom apartment is like minimum 300k

then it's like paying $1,000,000 for a single bedroom apartment and for me a single bedroom apartment is like $1100 a month

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Yes it is overpriced as shit. Payed $2000 for a 650m because I didn't know better at the time. And may I mention is is falling apart after about a year and 8 months. 

wow that lasted long a friend of mine got one that last a month

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Edit: I just noticed I posted in the wrong topic...

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

Yes.

But they look cool.

CPU -  Intel i7 4770k 4.6Ghz     Motherboard - MSI GD-65    RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16 GB     GPU - XFX 295x2    Case - NZXT H440  

Storage - 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 ssd, 1TB WD Blue 7200rpm    PSU -  EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2  Cooling - Corsair H80i     Keyboard - KGParadise v60 w/ cherry mx greens

Mouse -Theron  Sound - HyperX Cloud

They are overpriced, just like a lot of pre built computers out there, but damn some of the cases look so badass. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Well it depends how you see things.

Alienware is overpriced for what you get.

But if you value:

-> 1 place to call for service if something breaks.

-> Accidental damage protection service option is available

-> The system is built and tested for you

-> The system is ready out of the box. You know it will have adequate cooling, sound level, and perform just fine.

-> The unique look of Alienware designs cases laptop and desktop)

Then yea, it's not so over priced now.

One can argue that your time is money. If you'll spend 6h to just assemble the computer, as it is the first time, and you want do a perfect clean job, and read every manual carefully, and research all you need, and install Windows, and all that, and doing so has no benefit for you (not a hobby, not useful for your carer, as examples), then, you know what, maybe paying a premium price is worth it. Sure you can argue: "But NCIX or wtv local computer store will do it for 50 or so $", Right, but that is you requiring to spend time doing research on what you want. Not to mention that if you get parts form multiple places to get the lowest and best price, then you need to do that extra work.