How to make Photos look better?

I have a Canon G12, and any photo i take indoors looks like absolute poop. I've messed around with the settings, and it looks like garbage every time (blurry, grainy)

Even with 3 super bright lamps pointing at my PC (thats what i wanted to take a picture of) it looks horrible. Is there any way to make it look better in lower light levels?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

taking photo in RAW format will allow you to edit photos in post with thing such as ISO.

speaking of looking better in lower light levels, that's what you can do, decrease the ISO in dark environments will get you a brighter picture,

just watch out about having too much noise when you crank the ISO.

Photo editing

taking photo in RAW format will allow you to edit photos in post with thing such as ISO.

speaking of looking better in lower light levels, that's what you can do, decrease the ISO in dark environments will get you a brighter picture,

just watch out about having too much noise when you crank the ISO.

I do take them in RAW, and I have have tried increasing ISO, but it either looks grainy, or just not clear. 

What software should i use to edit the photos? (free preferably) 

I downloaded the trial for lightroom yesterday, but i have no idea what to do

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I do take them in RAW, and I have have tried increasing ISO, but it either looks grainy, or just not clear. 

lightzone.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

the grainy-ness is noise, so yeah, just be careful about the ISO. If you want a more extreme solution, maybe look into getting a lens that can absorb more light?

You can always try Gimp 2 but I'm not so sure how useful it is for photography.

the grainy-ness is noise, so yeah, just be careful about the ISO. If you want a more extreme solution, maybe look into getting a lens that can absorb more light?

Yeah im looking at a few lenses on Amazon, but how much better will it be? The G12 isnt a DSLR, so will buying a lens adapter allow me to put a DSLR lens on it?

Please note: im a supreme noob at photography, so if anything i said above made no sense, thats why.

To get rid of the noise, lock the ISO to the lowest value (usually 100, sometimes 50), set the camera on tripod (or just anywhere where you wouldn't accidentally move it) and crank shutter speed up to 3-4 seconds. If the image is too bright, lower the speed and vice versa.

(keeping the camera steady is crucial, only works for non-moving scenes)

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

To get rid of the noise, lock the ISO to the lowest value (usually 100, sometimes 50), set the camera on tripod (or just anywhere where you wouldn't accidentally move it) and crank shutter speed up to 3-4 seconds. If the image is too bright, lower the speed and vice versa.

8 posts in and you're the first person to suggest the best solution to a low light problem.

@Zeke is right.  a tripod, low ISO, and a longer shutte speed will be your saving grace.  no amount of lightroom or photoshop can fix out of focus/blurry pictures.  The G12 is a great camera and will be able to take good shots if you use it propeerly.

CPU AMD Ryzen 2700 X / Motherboard  / RAM 4 x 4GB  / GPU Zotac 1080Ti Amp Edition / Case Fractal Design Meshify C / Storage Samsung 850 PRO / 1TB WD Black & 2TB WD Green / PSU / Cooling Noctua / Keyboard Ducky Shine 2 / Mouse Logitech G700 / Sound O2 Amp/DAC & Audioengine A5+ speakers

I press the Auto-Enhance button.

(or if I'm feeling like a white girl)

I'll just X-Pro II that bitch.

8 posts in and you're the first person to suggest the best solution to a low light problem.

nevermind ignore this post

@Zeke is right.  a tripod, low ISO, and a longer shutte speed will be your saving grace.  no amount of lightroom or photoshop can fix out of focus/blurry pictures.  The G12 is a great camera and will be able to take good shots if you use it propeerly.

Thank you all, my photos finally look presentable indoors!!!

I'll post a photo here if someone wants an example :)

Thank you all, my photos finally look presentable indoors!!!

I'll post a photo here if someone wants an example :)

I'll bite. I'm kinda curious about your setup.

I'll post them here tomorrow.

I have a Canon G12, and any photo i take indoors looks like absolute poop. I've messed around with the settings, and it looks like garbage every time (blurry, grainy)

Even with 3 super bright lamps pointing at my PC (thats what i wanted to take a picture of) it looks horrible. Is there any way to make it look better in lower light levels?

The best way to get better quality is to get more light. More light = lower ISO = less noise (grain)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

Could you show us one of the pics so we can try and help you?

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

Could you show us one of the pics so we can try and help you?

The problems solved actually. Changing the ISO and shutter speed, as well as aperture helped the image quality a lot! As for the picture, I'll post one of my PC setup later today

Sorry do you mind waiting 2 or 3 days? I'm gonna be really busy for the next few days so I'll post it on the weekend.