H220 fish tank sound

I just added a waterblock to my 290X and I bled the entire loop. My pump was dead silent once i bled the loop. Now as soon as I started gaming and running benches on my 290X, my pump started to sound like a fish tank and the noise wont go away. Why was it dead silent then as soon I started gaming air gets into the pump?

CPU  i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Cooler: Swiftech H220 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Motherboard: Z170X Gaming 7 | PSU: EVGA G2 650W
Storage: 128GB Kingston SSD/1TB WD Black Storage | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | MONITOR: Acer GN246HL | KEYBOARD: CM Quickfire TK (MX Blue) | MOUSE: Sensei Rival

Maybe a bubble is cought inside the pump, H220 pumps are not the best you know. High failure rates.

who cares...

Did you bleed the pump when it was at full speed? The increase of speed probably caused a bunch of stuck air bubbles to circulate and is causing the air in your loop.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Did you bleed the pump when it was at full speed? The increase of speed probably caused a bunch of stuck air bubbles to circulate and is causing the air in your loop.

Yes I bled it at full speed. I disconnected everything from my mobo and jumped my psu and I only had my H220 powered by a single sata power cable. It was extremely quiet, then after about 10mins of running unigine valley, it started making a fish tank noise.

CPU  i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz | Cooler: Swiftech H220 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Motherboard: Z170X Gaming 7 | PSU: EVGA G2 650W
Storage: 128GB Kingston SSD/1TB WD Black Storage | CASE: NZXT Switch 810 | MONITOR: Acer GN246HL | KEYBOARD: CM Quickfire TK (MX Blue) | MOUSE: Sensei Rival

Maybe a bubble is cought inside the pump, H220 pumps are not the best you know. High failure rates.

Im very aware of that. I've had to RMA 3 times already

Why was it dead silent then as soon I started gaming air gets into the pump?

needs more air bled out of loop and level is low. add more coolant. 

the loop should be hydraulic (no air), once no air is in the loop components

the level of the reservoir should be stable. then no chance to suck air back

into loop.

Does expanding the loop void the warranty? Otherwise RMA it or ask for a 220X for a marginal extra.

Nope, they want you to expand the kit.

Nope, they want you to expand the kit.

Do what airdeano said. He knows the H220. ;)

who cares...

into loop.

Well its quiet again and I have no idea why. When I removed the cap to fill port, the water level is at the very top

into loop.

Agree also I found my H320 to be quite a bitch to bleed especially in the original orientation I had it in my air 540. Once moved to my Nanoxia ds6 I actually bled it outside the case and there was a much shorter tubing run so it was much easier.

Agree also I found my H320 to be quite a bitch to bleed especially in the original orientation I had it in my air 540. Once moved to my Nanoxia ds6 I actually bled it outside the case and there was a much shorter tubing run so it was much easier.

Thats how I bled mine too, outside the case. And once again as soon as I ran Unigine valley my pump starts making a fish tank sound. I dont get it

Thats how I bled mine too, outside the case. And once again as soon as I ran Unigine valley my pump starts making a fish tank sound. I dont get it

If the pump is running full speed all the time it shouldnt matter. It was running when you bleed it outside your case right?

If the pump is running full speed all the time it shouldnt matter. It was running when you bleed it outside your case right?

Yes

I just want to know why my pump makes a gurgling noise when I'm gaming, but at idle its silent. The pump is always running at 100%

I just want to know why my pump makes a gurgling noise when I'm gaming, but at idle its silent. The pump is always running at 100%

idk... ask swiftech?

I had my first fail in a few months, my second only after a month (feb) and Ive been running it since lol. 

My loop was already expanded (second swiftech xp dual rad, ek 290x block, 4 nf-f12) when I got the replacement....it was silent at first for about a month or so. no Issues. then all of a sudden when the rpm would go up to 1800-2000 it would start making the swishing sound then a whining sound.

soon after when rpm would go lower to min it would make noise....definitely not air noise at that point.  I found running it at full would get rid of the noise temporarily but eventually it started making noise at any rpm.

So now im sending it back and getting a h220x in return, so hopefully having the pump up top will fix the issues.

having the level indicator you can make sure you don't run the pump dry when you refill and bleed.

can't wait to go back to silence and 10-15 c better performance lol

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4