NZXT Kraaken x41 Vs Corsair H100i?

Just about to pull the trigger on ordering everything for a new build, but am still a little hung up on the cooler. Rather than labouring over this decision for days (as is my MO), I thought I would throw it out to the LTT community for guidance. Going to be overclocking an i5 4690K in a NZXT H440 case, but I just can't decide! A clean aesthetic is a must (so no nasty cables strewn across the mb), but not sure if I should go for the 140mm, relatively untested cooler with unproven software but room for future development or the dual 120mm that has been around for years and is well reviewed and tested. I know Linus did a review recently, but alas, a direct comparison between the two coolers I'm interested in was not made.  

Any thoughts would be very gratefully received!

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

h100i

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

H100i

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

I'm kind of in the same boat, can't decide between the x41/x61 or the h100i.  I've heard that the h100i has very loud stock fans, but I don't know if this is still true.  In LTT's video on the NZXT coolers they seemed to edge out the h100i in performance, but people still seem to go by Corsair's option.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

I'm kind of in the same boat, can't decide between the x41/x61 or the h100i.  I've heard that the h100i has very loud stock fans, but I don't know if this is still true.  In LTT's video on the NZXT coolers they seemed to edge out the h100i in performance, but people still seem to go by Corsair's option.

I've been finding that as well, and would love for someone to explain it. Not convinced that the x61 is worth the extra money, but with the x41 and H100i being the same price, it seems odd that people still prefer the Corsair despite the performance stats. 

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

I bought the X41 on Sunday and already having cooling issues. well what I mean is it may be cooling depending on which software I look at. The CAM software shows a 25 degree difference to the MSI Command Center that came with my motherboard. I emailed NZXT and he was helpful, but really boiled down to resetting the pump. which I did today, with no resolution to the wildly different numbers in temp. If anyone else has any ideas I'm all ears.

AMD FX 6300 Black Edition, ASRock 990FX Killer, 16GBs Memory @2133, 2 MSI R9 270x's in Crossfire, NZXT Kraken X41 Cooler, Samsung 850 pro SSD, 1 TB HDD, EVGA Supernova NEX 650 G, and with 4 other fans.

Also there are newer coolers from Corsair like the h110 and h105 that you might want to consider as well.

NZXT X41< Corsair H100i< NZXT X61

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

NZXT X41< Corsair H100i< Thermaltake Water 3.0 Extreme< NZXT X61

Can't count the thermaltake 3.0 extreme out of this... it performs insanely well for its price. I have one in my rig and I can confirm.

If you live in the U.S. get the Cooler Master Seidon 240M for $56 on Newegg.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."