Corsair H100i vs H105, which is better?

Would be used on an i5 4690k

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

in terms of pure performance, h105

yes, but it is also a little bigger in size 

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

H105 but its thicker

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

H105 because it is a newer version of the H100i, and most importantly, doesn't have the same mounting problems that the H100i is notorious for.

My recommendation, is wait for the Cooler Master Seidon 240M to go back on sale for $60 again on Newegg.  You will not find a better 240mm radiator for $60.  I own one, and it is amazing.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Love my h105. Much better pump, and no mounting issues at all. It is thicker tho so keep that in mind.

I just got the h105 for my 4790k. Running 28 Max at stock no overclock yet. That's a lot of buffer for overclocking... love it.

Gonna overclock it soon to see how it goes.

• 3 months later...

I also wondering on the same.

I have a i7 4770k.

Why is the better radiator thicker?

And the h100i came out after the h105 didn't it?

If im gonna get the h105, will it fit?

Specs:

Fractal design define r4

Asus Sabetooth z97 Mark 1

My youtube channel is /channel/UCA6RvjlB9L4kn2wrjAurJnQ so Please SUBSCRIBE!

I also wondering on the same.

I have a i7 4770k.

Why is the better radiator thicker?

And the h100i came out after the h105 didn't it?

If im gonna get the h105, will it fit?

Specs:

Fractal design define r4

Asus Sabetooth z97 Mark 1

Thicker rad= more surface area to dissipate heat.

105 released after 100i

Not sure if 105 will fit in R4. may have clearance issues. Fits great in my Arc Midi R2, but that has offset mounting holes for thick rads.

Loving my H105, of course it's better in terms of performance, but the stock fans are LOUD. I think I'll have to switch 'em out.

105 released after 100i

Not sure if 105 will fit in R4. may have clearance issues. Fits great in my Arc Midi R2, but that has offset mounting holes for thick rads.

The r4 also has offsets, but depending on the motherboard someone has and the ram, it may/may not fit.

It fits in my case as well as the r4 @MegaDave91 has, but literally by 1 mm.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

105 released after 100i

I know that this cooler is extremely loud. (With the stock fans)

So... Should I get better fans, like the corsair sp120 quiet edition on it?

Love my h105. Much better pump, and no mounting issues at all. It is thicker tho so keep that in mind.

Just out of curiosity, what are the mounting problems of the h100i? 

I guess I just got lucky. I had no problems with mine going in.

CPU: Intel core i5-3570k / Motherboard: MSI Z77 MPOWER / GPU: MSI GTX 660 Ti PE x2 in SLI / Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB / Power supply: Seasonic x750 with individually sleeved cables / Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker / Cooling: H100i / Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD and 1TB Western Digital HDD 

Just out of curiosity, what are the mounting problems of the h100i?

I guess I just got lucky. I had no problems with mine going in.

most specifically with LGA1150 platform the mounting bracket of the H100i doesn't provide proper contact between the waterblock and the CPU. As a result you need to do the washer mod, which usually helps, but in rare cases doesn't fully solve the problem.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

most specifically with LGA1150 platform the mounting bracket of the H100i doesn't provide proper contact between the waterblock and the CPU. As a result you need to do the washer mod, which usually helps, but in rare cases doesn't fully solve the problem.

Right on. But if you use it with AMD it seems fine. got an old H100i on a crosshair v formula-z fits solid. I still dont much care for the pump tho. It has a fairly low flow rate.

I know that this cooler is extremely loud. (With the stock fans)

So... Should I get better fans, like the corsair sp120 quiet edition on it?

Extremely loud? No. Is it silent, I don't think so. Throw aftermarket fans on if you prefer. 

It's not that the fans are loud. My fans had a very annoying ticking noise with them. So I just replaced them with some NF-F12's from Noctua. Problem solved. Aloso I wouldn't bother with the SP quiet ed. They have an extremely low volume of air that they push. On aa side note the fans for the H105 don't have the ticking at all.

It's not that the fans are loud. My fans had a very annoying ticking noise with them. So I just replaced them with some NF-F12's from Noctua. Problem solved. Aloso I wouldn't bother with the SP quiet ed. They have an extremely low volume of air that they push. On aa side note the fans for the H105 don't have the ticking at all.

What do you mean with: They have an extremely low volume of air that they push. On aa side note the fans for the H105 don't have the ticking at all.

I tought that the SP120's quiet edition was good... The only reason why I dont want the Noctua NF-f12 is because of the ugly color. But now they have made some new ones with better color (Black). But the thing i dont understand with the new ones: 

Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM 120mm

Is that:

1. What does iPPC mean

2. How can it be silent when it spins 3000RPM?

3. Will these fans be good on a Corsair h105 or h100i?

Would be used on an i5 4690k

i have same cpu on Maximus VII ranger . i'm using H55 its a single 120mm rad . i'm getting 17-22C on idle (4.5Ghz 1.2231v) and full load tops 49C on prime 95 after 7 hours . i'm not stopping you to buy H105 but i'm telling you my experience with alot more cheaper alot more easire to mout anywhere on you case solution. give it a try if you want. On thing to be noted. ( when you mount it back plate will go in 1156 holes with a little tilte just put it in tight the screws and you are good to go.make it push/pull for 10C less temp then only push or only pull config. and direct air from the inside the case to outside.

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

What do you mean with: They have an extremely low volume of air that they push. On aa side note the fans for the H105 don't have the ticking at all.

I tought that the SP120's quiet edition was good... The only reason why I dont want the Noctua NF-f12 is because of the ugly color. But now they have made some new ones with better color (Black). But the thing i dont understand with the new ones: 

Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM 120mm

Is that:

1. What does iPPC mean

2. How can it be silent when it spins 3000RPM?

3. Will these fans be good on a Corsair h105 or h100i?

The pressure level of the sp120 quiet ed. is 3.1 mm/H20. The stactic pressure of the NF-F12 Induastrial is 7,63 mm H2O. 

1. It means they are industrial. They are ment to run in extreme enviroments that could be dusty or wet.

2. Yes you can use low noise adapters, or a custom fan curve if your mobo supports it. Most common mobos do.

3. Absolutly. They are static pressure optimized, and will work better than the fans included.

As for me I'm using the fans included with my H105 on a very low fan curve so they are quiet. The fans with the H100 would produce an audiable ticking noise at the low speeds i have set. I don't think there are any differences with the fans included with either but, thats my experiance. I had NF-F12s on my H100i. But, I moved them up front on my 750D due to the air restiction on the front of the case. Then opted to use the sp fans included with the H105.

The pressure level of the sp120 quiet ed. is 3.1 mm/H20. The static pressure of the NF-F12 Industrial is 7,63 mm H2O. 

Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition static pressure is 1.29mm/h2o

the SP120 high performance version is 3.1mm/h2o

source: http://www.corsair.com/ru-ru/air-series-sp120-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

and those are at 12v, lower voltages produce lower static pressure values.

Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition static pressure is 1.29mm/h2o

the SP120 high performance version is 3.1mm/h2o

source: http://www.corsair.com/ru-ru/air-series-sp120-quiet-edition-high-static-pressure-120mm-fan

and those are at 12v, lower voltages produce lower static pressure values.

lol i grabbed the wrong one. That's the page i used tho.