"How many watts do I need"? Check Here!

Aniallation

Since Ryzen was shown by AMD to consume a similar amount of power as Broadwell-E (despite the claim of 95w TDP for Ryzen), should my 600w PSU be fine for a Ryzen + GTX 1080 build or should I factor in PSU upgrade? Using Broadwell-E purely as a stand in PC Part Picker has my wattage at 494W. https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dt7Ghq I already have an overclock on my GTX 1080 and will overclock Ryzen.

OBSIDIAN: CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | MB ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi | RAM Corsair Dominator RGB 32gb 3600 | GPU ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC |

Cooler Corsair Hydro X | Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1tb | Samsung 860 QVO 2tb x2 | Seagate Barracuda 4tb x2 | Case Cosair Obsidian 500D RGB SE |

PSU Corsair HX750 | Cablemod Cables | Monitor Asus PG35VQAsus PG279Q | HID Corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB low profile | Corsair Dark Core Pro RGB SE | Xbox One Elite Controller Series 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have an FX-8350 @4.2GHz, and I really want to get the Sapphire NITRO Radeon RX 470 4GB. I have a Corsair VS550 PSU, and I'm worried that I'm cutting it too close if I put that GPU in it. Do you think I'll be good with this or should I look for a less risky card?

On 12/26/2016 at 4:43 PM, HaZaaR_ said:

I have an FX-8350 @4.2GHz, and I really want to get the Sapphire NITRO Radeon RX 470 4GB. I have a Corsair VS550 PSU, and I'm worried that I'm cutting it too close if I put that GPU in it. Do you think I'll be good with this or should I look for a less risky card?

You'll be okay for the time being, especially if what you're due for is a GPU upgrade. But make PSU next on your list.

"Rawr XD"

17 hours ago, paullusty said:

Yep but if you don't want to overclock there's no need to get a K series chip or even an aftermarket cooler for that matter

"Rawr XD"

I NEED A HELP

i will build a regular gaming pc soon but im still confused about how i need to choose the right power supply, im still a new pc builder so i dont really understand what is 12V or anything else like Ampere. A website called http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator helped me a little about it, but i dont know how can i fill the "PCI Express Card" and "PCI Card" . By the way, this is all my components:

-Intel Core i5 6500 (3.2 Ghz)

-Zotac Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC Version

- MSI B150M Gaming Pro

-Corsair Vegeance LPX DDR4 8GB (8x1)

-WDC 1TB 

-Kingston UV400 120GB SSD

-Asus DVD RW 24x [OEM]

-Deepcool Maelstrom 120T Liquid Cooler

And for the PSU, im still choosing the Corsair VS550 but im not sure if its the right power supply, so please help me how can i calculate all my components power consumption more easier.

7 hours ago, Roger Fox said:

And for the PSU, im still choosing the Corsair VS550 but im not sure if its the right power supply, so please help me how can i calculate all my components power consumption more easier.

VS550 will be perfectly fine, but whether it's the best for the money will depend on what other options are available. 

"Rawr XD"

hi. i'm building my first pc and i don't know if  a 850 watt power supply be good enought for an i7 6000, coolermaster 212x, 2 hyperx, fury hyperx16 gb 2666 mhz ram, 1 m.2 drive, 2 hdd (1 500gb,1 2tr), gtx 1060 extreme gaming graphics card, 6 corsair ml fans. or shoud i buy a 1000 watt psu if i consider futureprof. my case is coolermaster CM 690 3

2 hours ago, Mr_Knight_ said:

hi. i'm building my first pc and i don't know if  a 850 watt power supply be good enought for an i7 6000, coolermaster 212x, 2 hyperx, fury hyperx16 gb 2666 mhz ram, 1 m.2 drive, 2 hdd (1 500gb,1 2tr), gtx 1060 extreme gaming graphics card, 6 corsair ml fans. or shoud i buy a 1000 watt psu if i consider futureprof. my case is coolermaster CM 690 3

850W will be more than enough, even with future upgrades. Your system as-is with a single graphics card would even be fine with a 550W.

"Rawr XD"

Specs in my signature, staying single GPU for a good long while yet.  Looking today at purchasing either the 550 EVGA G3 or RM550.  Are they up to the job? 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

21 hours ago, Kierax said:

Specs in my signature, staying single GPU for a good long while yet.  Looking today at purchasing either the 550 EVGA G3 or RM550.  Are they up to the job? 

What PSU are you using now?

"Rawr XD"

1 hour ago, Aniallation said:

What PSU are you using now?

EVGA 600B, I ordered a EVGA G3 650 to replace it. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Hello guys, I have a question. This is my new rig:

I7-6800K 4.1GHz

ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP! Edition

Cooler Master Seidon 120V

Mobo GA-X99-UD3P

Corsair Vengeance 4x4 (16GB) 2400MHz

1x fan 140mm white led Corsair AF Series

1x fan 140mm Corsair AF Series (case fan)

3x fan 120mm PCYes! F4 White Led

1x fan 120mm Corsair AF Series (case fan)

SSD SanDisk Plus 480GB

2x standard HDs SATA

All of these components running on a CX600. Do I need a better PSU? PS: I overclock my gpu up to 2088MHz. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Note the OEM of the power supply, often mentioned in reviews.

That's (almost) completely irrelevant!

It all depends on what YOU want as a customer of the manufacturer. If you want a good Powersupply and want to pay it, you can get it - even from brands like Leadman, XHY, Andyson and so on...

On the other hand, if you want overlabeled garbage, you can also get it from 'named' brands like CWT and HEC....

The difference is that some manufacturers do what YOU ask them (CWT, FSP, HEC...), others do not (like Seasonic).

But that does NOT make them good or bad. It's just what their customers want. If no one would want the garbage (like syetem integrators do), no one would do that...

In the End it all depends on the Brand that slaps the Name on the case...

For example EVGA is responsible for their units that they are OKish and/or good, not HEC, Super Flower, Seasonic, Andyson and so on. They (mostly) do what EVGA wants from them.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

I have a question about whether or not I'm about to make a good purchase/choice...

I want to build a PC and in that PC I'm putting an i5-6400, 8GB of DDR4-2133 and a GTX 1060 6GB mini from Zotac. I found a deal on a CX450M PSU from Corsair : http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=33_1238_442&item_id=096571 and I was wondering if 450W is enough for the parts that I chose, thanks ;) !

PS: That build is going to be mainly for gaming, a bit of school work and a bit of editing (cause I plan to start a YT channel).

Edited by Kanero
I forgot to mention a tiny bit of information!

450 is more than enough, even 350W would be more than enough.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi good people I need help.

Im building my 1st PC and I bought all the components but I don't know what power supply I need for my PC. On that site www.pcpartpicker.com they say 309W...I don't know how much do I need 500,550,600,750??? Btw these are the components https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3fqJ2R

Tnx

Why is the FuryX that performs just like a GTX 1070 in a higher tier? That doesn't make sense. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2017 at 2:57 PM, Ultrametric said:

Why is the FuryX that performs just like a GTX 1070 in a higher tier? That doesn't make sense. 

We're talking about watts (power consumption) in these tiers, not relative performance. Just looking at TDPs the Fury X is a 275W card while 1070 is only 150W. Real-world consumption will be less than the rated TDP, but it still shows the significant difference in projected power draw.

"Rawr XD"

• 1 month later...

Help///my intentions next week to custom build the following CPU: i3 7100 MB: ASUS gaming b250f RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz/ one stick Storage: SAMSUNG M.2 960 EVO 256GB no DVD no GPU no intention what so ever to overclock I am considering to install 400 watts PSU, according to pcpartpicker.com the total wattage is 166W roughly. the seller tells me to go for the 550Watts which in my opinion is overkill, so I am pretty confused!

7 hours ago, yaseryaser said:

Help///my intentions next week to custom build the following CPU: i3 7100 MB: ASUS gaming b250f RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz/ one stick Storage: SAMSUNG M.2 960 EVO 256GB no DVD no GPU no intention what so ever to overclock I am considering to install 400 watts PSU, according to pcpartpicker.com the total wattage is 166W roughly. the seller tells me to go for the 550Watts which in my opinion is overkill, so I am pretty confused!

You'd be hard pressed to see even 150w of total system power draw with no GPU... 550w is way overkill.

"Rawr XD"

I will probably order PC parts this week so I want to check it one more time does Corsair CX450M can handle OC Ryzen 1400 on AsRock AB350M DSV, Gigabyte gtx 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6gb also OC, patriot viper 4 3000Mhz 2x4GB and SSD and HDD. System will have 3 120mm fans.

Thanks!