"How many watts do I need"? Check Here!

Aniallation

Hi, I just wanna ask how much watts do I need.

Yeah I read the guide and I think 500 watts is all I needed but since I'm a very worry person. I'm gonna ask anyway

This is my system:

CPU: Pentium G3258 (Not Overclocking)

GPU: Sapphire R9 270x

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B85M-Gaming3

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB

SSD: Crucial M550 128GB

HDD: 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue

I hope someone can help me really new when it comes to computer thingy

Yes. I had a more power hungry system and it ran on 450w with no problem over clocked to the MAX.

Hi, I just wanna ask how much watts do I need.

Yeah I read the guide and I think 500 watts is all I needed but since I'm a very worry person. I'm gonna ask anyway

This is my system:

CPU: Pentium G3258 (Not Overclocking)

GPU: Sapphire R9 270x

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B85M-Gaming3

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB

SSD: Crucial M550 128GB

HDD: 2 x 1TB WD Caviar Blue

I hope someone can help me really new when it comes to computer thingy

A good quality 450W will be more then enough. However, DO NOT get a G3258 if you're not going to overclock it. A stock G3258 WILL bottleneck a 270X. If you're new to computers and don't want to overclock, definitely get an i3 instead.

"Rawr XD"

• 3 weeks later...

Been out of the game for a while, can I just check:

CPU: swapped my 2700k out, now using 3770T.

GPUs: 680 Lightning x 2 (stock)

My AX1200i just exploded (I bought the 1200i because the lower wattage models didn't exist yet), and if Corsair don't replace it fast enough I am boned for the start of my postgrad degree in a couple weeks time.

I'm thinking 750w would be plenty, overkill at idle due to 3770T?

I'm thinking 750w would be plenty, overkill at idle due to 3770T?

A good quality 750W will suit well, but tbh I'd go for a decent 850W for good headroom to overclock those lightnings.

I'd consider the EVGA 850B2 (or G2 if you have money to spare)

"Rawr XD"

I won't be o/cing the Lightnings, as the weaker one has nothing in the tank and I suspect is not long for this world. I noticed while replacing the air coolers that one of the caps on the card has leaked some of it's precious innards. 1 month out of warranty they both are.. let sigh.

3022f0c555e676d5744ca7ad3a05833f.jpg I'm sorry I have no idea about computers really my psu exploded and was just wondering if that means my whole computers broke or just the psu and if so what psu should I replace it with specs listed above

3022f0c555e676d5744ca7ad3a05833f.jpg I'm sorry I have no idea about computers really my psu exploded and was just wondering if that means my whole computers broke or just the psu and if so what psu should I replace it with specs listed above

what is your problem what is your budget and what are hoping to achieve and what are you prepeared to replace?

what is your problem what is your budget and what are hoping to achieve and what are you prepeared to replace?

I think my psu exploaded and I've bought a corsair cx600m what do you think of the power supply and any future upgrades u can suggest ?

I think my psu exploaded and I've bought a corsair cx600m what do you think of the power supply and any future upgrades u can suggest ?

for the cpu cooler you can go for antec kühler. whichever will fo much better job than any of the aircoolers on the market and its cheap.i have the 650 and it keeps my 4690k@ 4.6 GHz @ super low temperatures.

but you can look into upgrading you cpu soon (+ you need a new motherboard for that)

i can suggest everything you can do but i need to know how much money can you spend?

for the cpu cooler you can go for antec kühler. whichever will fo much better job than any of the aircoolers on the market and its cheap.i have the 650 and it keeps my 4690k@ 4.6 GHz @ super low temperatures.

but you can look into upgrading you cpu soon (+ you need a new motherboard for that)

i can suggest everything you can do but i need to know how much money can you spend?

okay thank you £200 looking to upgrade cpu and the cooler unless you think I need to spend it on somthing else

okay thank you £200 looking to upgrade cpu and the cooler unless you think I need to spend it on somthing else

yes get an antec cpu cooler and then you can get a new cpu that fits to you botherboard:

FX 8320

FX 8350

FX 8370

all of those fit on your motherboard and they fit in your 200 budget and you can overclock them

but if you want you can get any of the intel chips i recommend any K-series so you can overclock andANY motherboard that has the same socket

You can get better PSUs for the money then Corsair CX.

"Rawr XD"

As much as I'd love to go through all 16 pages of this to see if my question was already answered (I went through 6, gimme a little credit here, right?), I am curious. I currently have a Core i5 4690k processor OC'd to 4.0 GHz and a GeForce GTX 980 Zotac AMP edition (not the Extreme one), and plan on getting a second one with a 4K monitor. Will my 750W PSU be able to hold its own, or will I have to upgrade some more to maybe an 850W or 900W as I am suspecting I may have to?

As much as I'd love to go through all 16 pages of this to see if my question was already answered (I went through 6, gimme a little credit here, right?), I am curious. I currently have a Core i5 4690k processor OC'd to 4.0 GHz and a GeForce GTX 980 Zotac AMP edition (not the Extreme one), and plan on getting a second one with a 4K monitor. Will my 750W PSU be able to hold its own, or will I have to upgrade some more to maybe an 850W or 900W as I am suspecting I may have to?

Which 750W do you have?

"Rawr XD"

Two GTX 980s is fine on 750W provided it's a good quality unit. What PSU do you have?

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

yes get an antec cpu cooler and then you can get a new cpu that fits to you botherboard:

FX 8320

FX 8350

FX 8370

all of those fit on your motherboard and they fit in your 200 budget and you can overclock them

but if you want you can get any of the intel chips i recommend any K-series so you can overclock andANY motherboard that has the same socket

Are they all quad cores ?

Are they all quad cores ?

They're all 8-cores by technical definition.

"Rawr XD"

Sorry for late reply, been a bit busy. Tis a Corsair CX750M.

Eh, it's not the best but you'll be fine.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

im building a new pc but only thing holding me back is the power supply i dont know how many watts i need, here are the specs:

lga 2011-v3 msi x99a raider

intel i7 5820k 3.20ghz

msi gaming gtx 980 oc 4gb ddr5

kingston savage 3000mhz 4x8 ddr4 ram

500gb samsung 850 evo ssd

WD green 4tb hdd

dvd +/-rw samsung optical drive

corsair cooling hydro h110 2x140mm fans

21.5" samsung full hd monitor

im building a new pc but only thing holding me back is the power supply i dont know how many watts i need, here are the specs:

A good 550W as is, step up to a 750W if you want to add a second 980 for SLI later on.

How much are you looking to spend for a power supply, and what options are available to you?

"Rawr XD"

lga 2011-v3 msi x99a raider

intel i7 5820k 3.20ghz

msi gaming gtx 980 oc 4gb ddr5

kingston savage 3000mhz 4x8 ddr4 ram

500gb samsung 850 evo ssd

WD green 4tb hdd

dvd +/-rw samsung optical drive

corsair cooling hydro h110 2x140mm fans

21.5" samsung full hd monitor

Antec 750w gold PSU is around 90$ and it's good but it's not modular

I am thinking about upgrading my GPU from a Nvidia Geforce GT 620 to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 TI what is the least amount of power will i need to be able to play games?

I have used various PSU calculators to determine what I need:

• powersupplycalculator.net/ - 271W
  • coolermaster.outervision.com/ - 283W
  • msi.com/power-supply-calculator - 226W
  • others e.g. Asus - 500W+​

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.3GHz x1

RAM: 4GB DDR3 x2

GPU: NVidia GeForce GT 620 - 1GB​ x1

HDD: 1TB x1

PSU: Standard 300W x1

Cooling: Fans x2