Some CS GO tips

rambi36

Hey guys I just bought CS GO recently and I'm not the best at it. Can you guys give me some tips on how to be better?

Life.exe is missing

Aimbot?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

go into offline and just look at the recoil patterns of the guns that you'll use most often like AK, P90, M4A4, etc.

Also use shift to walk, and always aim at head height.

practice your aim on TDM before you go competitive, you'll ruin the experience for yourself and your team will probably be a dick to you if you arent playing well

lower your sensitivity if you feel like you need to be more precise with headshots

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

go here, Warowl is awesome and has lots of tutorials and other helping vids for how to play

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Crosshair placement is critical especially when turning corners.

Don't spend time to appreciate the scenery in this game, and don't let that stray chicken distract you.

Error: 410

Warm up playing deathmatch before you go into a competitive match. Get a feel for each of the weapon's characteristics. Don't spray. Learn the maps.

[CPU] Intel i5 4690k @ stock w/ Corsair H100i [Motherboard] Asus Z97-AR [RAM] 16GB Corsair Vengeance [GPU] Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB [Case] Corsair Obsidian Series 750D [Storage] 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, 1TB Western Digital Cavier Green HDD [PSU] Corsair CX Series 750M [Display] Dell U2412M [Keyboard] Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Red) [Mouse] Zowie FK1 w/ Corsair MM600 Mouse Mat [Sound] Asus Xonar Essence STX, Klipsch ProMedia 2.1, Sennheiser HD558 w/ ModMic [OS] Windows 8.1 64-bit

Aimbot?

Terrible suggestion!

Play as often as you can. With practice will come improvement :)

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Get a custom crosshair to your liking, The stock one sucks. 

CPU: i7 - 2600kGPU: GTX 1070Mobo: intel somethingRAM: Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz (8GB)SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB. HDD: WD Green 1TB . Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Monitors: LG 25UM65-P and Benq 2200HD Keyboard: Corsair vengeance K70 FPS Red switch. Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core. Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Learn crosshair pracements. 

Learn maps

Look at the map from time to time

Terrible suggestion!

Play as often as you can. With practice will come improvement :)

^^^^ This. Honestly, the only way I got any good at CS:GO (not that I'm that good) was practice. It doesn't take that long. I would suggest playing offline with bots to get the feel of the game first, and then get some practice online.

Don't need to say anything anymore, it's all been stated above. Well, watching pro matches can also help you improve your strats, but that's something for when you can actually kill people and know how to move/buy.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Play a lot of deathmatch to improve your aim, try to find your perfect sensitivity, check this video out, it helped me a whole ton and I'm sure it'll help you out a lot too

Umm other than that just learn the maps and try to find some solo strats on yt, you'll need them if you are solo queuing

Oh and ALWAYS warm up before playing, even 10 minutes of DM, it'll go a long way

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Hey guys I just bought CS GO recently and I'm not the best at it. Can you guys give me some tips on how to be better?

Yeah, download the esea client and sign up for esea premium. You'll get absolutely destroyed in the beginning though. Protip - Their client gets updated every week so it can easily detect any new wallhacks/aimbots etc.

For all you newbs - GET ESEA, I don't know how many times I've said it on here. It's worth the price.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Just keep practicing.  It helps a lot.

INTEL i7 4790K | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X GAMING 5 | A-DATA 16GB | PCS+ R9 290 | SAMSUNG 840 EVO | MOMENTUS XT BARRACUDA |  FRACTAL DESIGN R4

Some of the tips are very vague.

When people say learn the map, yes learn which route goes to which bomb sites but learn every spot names such as cat/short, palm tree/play ground, fast cat, long, pit, ramp, connector, car, goose, cat stairs, lower, x box mid / x box b site, tall box, etc.

If your teammate knows these spot names, it will be easier to spot enemies to trade kills instead of being lost and trying to pin point where the shots are coming from.

Sound is another very important factor. Try to listen to foot steps of where people are heading. For example, if you are defending B in Dust II as CT, you can pre smoke and flash tunnel while listening if you hear any foot steps coming towards you or backing out and going down to lower. Depending on what you hear, you can ask your teammate that's playing mid or B to help you.

Always running is never a good idea. Learn how to utilize walking.

Bomb plants are 45 seconds long before explosion. Do not panic and take a bit of time accordingly (if you have kit or not matters) and plan out how you are going to defend or overtake.

Smoke and flashes are VERY important. Don't be cheap and skip out on these.

Play as a team. Buy together or save together. Having a team of consistent 5 can help you long way to achieve that goal. I know some pub games have trolls and stuff so yeah..

Lastly, aiming. Learn each guns spray pattern. Learn when to burst or spray.

There is probably more to it then trying to learn all these but all in all, it's just a game. Have fun and don't stress over hackers and trolls.

I WAS Supreme Master First Class but deranked twice to Legendary Eagle now.. Whenever there is a sale for CS:GO, numerous hackers show up.

CASE - CM Storm Stryker, PSU - EVGA 1000 P2 80+ Plat, CPU - i7 4790K w/ NZXT Kraken X61, GPU - MSI GTX 1080 TI Seahawk X, MB - ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII, RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaw X Series (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1600, SSD - SAMSUNG 1 TB, DISPLAY - ACER XB270HU + SAMSUNG S24C570HL

Learn how to bunnyhop

delete cs:go and play cs:s

CS:S is garbage. Ask any old school competitive cs player what they prefer. CS:S would be at the bottom of the list.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

CS:S is garbage. Ask any old school competitive cs player what they prefer. CS:S would be at the bottom of the list.

competitive sucks anyways, i usually just play minigames, jailbreak, zombie mod, zombie escape and sometimes bhop and tdm surf

One thing that alot of people overlook in pub games are the chickens.

It's amazing how many times I'm holding a point on Inferno, waiting for an enemy player to come past only to see a chicken sprint around the corner letting me know that there is someone around it.

TL:DR - if you see a chicken running your way and there's no team mate ahead, you bet an enemy is around there. 

Corsair 800D - i7 3930k @ 3.2GHz – HIS 2 x 7970 - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM - 2 x Corsair Neutron GTX 250GB in raid 0 – Corsair 1200i PSU | BenQ XL2411T 144hz monitor | Sound Blaster ZxR | SteelSeries Siberia V2 | Steelseries Qck+ Na'Vi | Steelseries Sensei [RAW] mouse | Tesoro Colada G3NL Keyboard (Cherry MX Red)

Counter-Strike is a game of time.  It is easy to pick up but hard to master.  Just keep playing and playing and playing and you will build on skills.  I also suggest watching some CS streamers on twitch like summit1g, shazm, shroud, or adren.  Also watch tournaments if you can.

If you have burning questions there is a Global Offensive subreddit, and every Tuesday they have a noobie thread.

Corsair 800D - i7 3930k @ 3.2GHz – HIS 2 x 7970 - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM - 2 x Corsair Neutron GTX 250GB in raid 0 – Corsair 1200i PSU | BenQ XL2411T 144hz monitor | Sound Blaster ZxR | SteelSeries Siberia V2 | Steelseries Qck+ Na'Vi | Steelseries Sensei [RAW] mouse | Tesoro Colada G3NL Keyboard (Cherry MX Red)