How to whitelist youtube channels from Adblock

For those of us who use adblock and don't want to remove it because,it makes life much easier but also want to help people like LinusTechTips by at least supporting them through Ads

There is a way for you to do both 

1. Starting with- Go to options 

post-28149-0-11334400-1408277880.png

2.  Tick "Allow whitelisting of specific YouTube channels"

post-28149-0-04340800-1408278062.jpg

3.  Then go to the channels you want to support and click "white list this youtube channel " from the extension 

post-28149-0-28959800-1408277882.png

Thats it,you might come across this bug with double reload but that only happens to me maybe.....

and i know this is something very easy/common and many people already know about it but few people like me,never noticed this before and this was in beta last time i checked (month ago)  :) 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Is it possible to do this in firefox?

Is it possible to do this in firefox?

I am sorry  i don't think it works with adblock plus but only adblock 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

thanks i don't feel so bad now its just that i cant stand ads but one or 2 won't hurt 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

thanks i don't feel so bad now its just that i cant stand ads but one or 2 won't hurt 

Thats exactly what i told myself at first 

just few crosses and 5 second skips  

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

• 1 month later...

I just stumble apon this feature. Freaking awesome :-) This should be spread arround in the forum

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Thanks

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

Great stuff! I didn't know they had implemented this feature into ad-block. It's only right that LTT be my first whitelisted channel.

Nice topic! I like to white list only the sites that I come to like.

If you want to add all Linus to the white list in one go you can add enteritis manually in AdBlock. To add entries go to tab adapt. Add this to the list:

@@||linustechtips.com/$document@@||linusmediagroup.com/$document@@||youtube.com/*LinusTechTips$document

I'm still running on my core i7-920

@Motherboard: GA-EX58-UD3R @GPU: GTX 560 @Memory: 16GB1600C9 @Storage: X25-M 80GB & 330 120GB * Caviar Green 2TB @Screen: Acer H223HQ

@Case: Antec P180B -EU * Jou Jye 480AUBA * 2x NF-S12A FLX @Peripherals: CM Storm QuickFire TK Blue - Rearranged Svorak * MX518 @Sound: Beresford TC-7520 DAC * ATH-M40 fs

I shall remember this moving forward.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

• 1 month later...

I had no clue you could do this, but it's something I've wanted to be able to do for a long time! Thanks for the tip!