star citizen soldier combat and racing trailers reveal

pixeldensity

Star Citizen, the upcoming PC space sim from Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts, has released teaser trailers for its first-person shooter, racing, and planetary exploration modules.

According to the short statement on the game's website, a different, still unnamed studio is working on the FPS module, which will allow players to board enemy ships and fight other players from a first-person perspective. The 40-second video doesn't show any gameplay, but it is supposedly in-engine. According to the teaser, we should learn more about it during PAX Australia. Chris Roberts previously said that the plan is to release the FPS module after the planetside module (below) and before the single-player portion of the game called Squadron 42.

The trailer for Star Citizen's racing module gives us a much better idea of what to expect. It will be added to the game in v 0.9, and allow players to compete for the "Murray Cup." As you can see in the video, it looks like a straightforward racing game, with players flying their ships through checkpoints and boosts around a track.

Finally the Roberts Space Industries Constellation Commercial gives us our first look at Star Citizen's planetside features. As Roberts explained in a previous post, atmospheric combat and ground exploration were among the most common feature requests for Star Citizen. In order to achieve it, Star Citizen had to form a team dedicated to researching and developing procedural generation technology (like the one No Man's Sky uses), which it did when it hit its $41 million funding stretch goal.

I'm pretty excited from looking at all of these videos. It looks like all the money that SC got from the community is going to some exciting content. I'm pretty excited to see how this game will turn out. I'm hoping to see more of these aspects in more depth.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-citizen-trailers-show-off-fps-racing-and-plan/1100-6421764/

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

Oooh a FPS aspect to Star Citizen gets me more interested. Was probably going to buy it anyway, but I don't know what the space combat will be like.

Awesome, this is looking to be a good game for wasting an unprecedented amount of time.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

maybe by the time this comes out i will have internet to play it 

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

Also, the new hangars look fucking epic!

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Star Citizen is getting more and more technically impressive all the time.

Just hope it will be fun and interesting to play as well.

Oooh a FPS aspect to Star Citizen gets me more interested. Was probably going to buy it anyway, but I don't know what the space combat will be like.

well if u buy the cheapest ship. u can try it for yourself

I just thought what this game needs is a replay function like in world of tanks, now hear me out. You just had an epic mission or adventure and go into a rendering engine where you can watch the footage of what you just played from different angles and record that, this way you could make movies out of gameplay like in the explorer trailer. Did TF have something like that? Just saying with the game engine of SC this could be pretty cool.

Cannot wait for this game to drop and make console's look like giant piles of donkey shit.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I just thought what this game needs is a replay function like in world of tanks, now hear me out. You just had an epic mission or adventure and go into a rendering engine where you can watch the footage of what you just played from different angles and record that, this way you could make movies out of gameplay like in the explorer trailer. Did TF have something like that? Just saying with the game engine of SC this could be pretty cool.

Ah, similar to theatre in Halo. I guess it could be done. Cool idea.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Technically impossible.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

does nobody goes here all of this was posted there, like 3 days ago

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

It looks like we may have a story! If yes, I will definitely be picking up this game :)

PC in Profile

Destiny was supposed to cost $500 million, with about a tenth of the money they've made it look better and more interesting. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I was not aware that there would be a racing aspect to the game. Now I'm even more excited.

COMIC SANS

Technically impossible.

Might seem that way, but it has actually been done in Halo, and perhaps Quake.

However, the fact that Halo achieved the ability to do it in the campaign is what gives the idea a lot more legitimacy.

Might seem that way, but it has actually been done in Halo, and perhaps Quake.

However, the fact that Halo achieved the ability to do it in the campaign is what gives the idea a lot more legitimacy.

How the hell can you be making such comparisons? We are talking about what might be the most detailed and complex MMO created to date. No other past Cry Engine game had recording capabilities and it will not be possible in such a big game, the data chunks would be huge and it would put their servers under stress because they would have to let people download every single event around them as well as everything they have sent back to the server. Then there's also the problem of radius, SC will have entire galaxies, how the hell do you think this will be possible.

You did not understand what i said. I didn't say that no one else has done it, i said that it's technically impossible in what SC is going to become.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

How the hell can you be making such comparisons? We are talking about what might be the most detailed and complex MMO created to date. No other past Cry Engine game had recording capabilities and it will not be possible in such a big game, the data chunks would be huge and it would put their servers under stress because they would have to let people download every single event around them as well as everything they have sent back to the server. Then there's also the problem of radius, SC will have entire galaxies, how the hell do you think this will be possible.

You did not understand what i said. I didn't say that no one else has done it, i said that it's technically impossible in what SC is going to become.

You can't ascertain whether or not something is impossible until you've tried. And, from what I've heard, they're already making a lot of modifications to CryEngine. Maybe they'll figure out a way to do it, maybe they wont. Perhaps they could record a small radius around the player.

You can't ascertain whether or not something is impossible until you've tried. And, from what I've heard, they're already making a lot of modifications to CryEngine. Maybe they'll figure out a way to do it, maybe they wont. Perhaps they could record a small radius around the player.

When a game like Battlefield 4 can't do it due to server stress and recording file sizes, you think that a massive game like SC will? I have personally spoken with a Network Engineer who worked for 4 years at DICE Stockholm and is now working for DICE LA. He explained to me how it would be simply undoable.

When a game like Battlefield 4 can't do it due to server stress and recording file sizes, you think that a massive game like SC will? I have personally spoken with a Network Engineer who worked for 4 years at DICE Stockholm and is now working for DICE LA. He explained to me how it would be simply undoable.

Ok I take it back. Maybe it is completely impossible. I was thinking a similar implementation like the Halo version could work as they shut off parts of the map when you're recording co-op campaign.