ASUS PB287Q vs ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q

Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

For photoshop or video editing (if colour matters) neither of them are amazing choices, but the Swift is definitely the better of the two.

Which monitor is better with a single [780ti/(880ti in future)], the ASUS PB287Q or the ASUS RoG SWIFT PG278Q?

It will be used for occasional gaming, some photoshop, video editing, and web browsing with upwards of 150 tabs opened. I don't care about that high of a resolution in gaming, usually Minecraft, CoD, Watch Dogs, and Battlefield.

Which monitor is better with a single [780ti/(880ti in future)], the ASUS PB287Q or the ASUS RoG SWIFT PG278Q?

It will be used for occasional gaming, some photoshop, video editing, and web browsing with upwards of 150 tabs opened. I don't care about that high of a resolution in gaming, usually Minecraft, CoD, Watch Dogs, and Battlefield.

i would go with the rog swift, since it has gsync and will provide an amazing gaming experience. also 1440p is the sweet spot for a single gpu setup 

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

If your main priority is competitive gaming, get the rog swift. If you want the best all-around monitor, get the pb278q. I still have no idea why you would choose it over other ips panels out there that don't use PWM dimming.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

The 4K stuff isn't worth it, I'd recommend the PG278Q however it's quite expensive still however it's the best & currently only 1440p 120/144hz monitor on the block, it's built extremely well & actually looks fantastic! 27"+ screen sizes are extremely invaluable when it comes to multi-monitor application that being said for both games & productivity (I'd choose the BL3200PT because I want it for productivity work imo)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Dell U2713HM. It has better preset colors than the Asus PB278Q

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I can't even find a place to buy the ROG Swift.

why do so many good cases only come in black and white

i would go with the rog swift, since it has gsync and will provide an amazing gaming experience. also 1440p is the sweet spot for a single gpu setup

No it's not, two GPU's is the sweet spot for 1440p, he will barely get over 60fps on AAA titles with a single GPU.