Upgrading and modding (kinda) my case to a nzxt switch 810

PapaPotato

Just to start... here's my current build (i am new here so.. yeah :P)

Case: Thermaltake commander Epic edition (i bought this one about 4 years ago since it was so damn cheap but now i regret it)

Motherboard: Msi z77 G-45 gaming edition atx motherboard lga 1155 (this one rather seems like gold to me since i cant find it anymore on amazon)

CPU: intel core i5 3570k (oc'd to 4.0 ghz, i dont dare go anywhere further than that)

CPU cooler: coolermaster seidon 120 push/pull configuration (if any of you could tell me if i already have to change the cooling solution inside, its already 1 year old, and what to do and use)

GPU: Nvidia gtx 770 EVGA ACX SC edition (love it so far)

accompanied with my 3 years old gtx 560 ti with 2 gb of vram for physx (i recently upgraded not so long ago, literally)

PSU: Corsair TX 750 w power supply (not available on amazon anymore huh? :/)

Storage: Samsung 830 series ssd 120 GB for the OS

Seagate 1 TB standard HDD i bought for 60$

ok so... here's the thing, what i want to do is.... make some changes on my pc since i finally have a job and started saving for my own entertainment, main thing i want to do is upgrade this damned case to a nzxt switch 810, but not actually just change it, i also want to paint it, but i dont know what kind of painting i should use, is enamel spray paint gonna work at all?... I mean.. is enamel going to affect the case in any way? or is it just going to chill there and not affect the case's material or anything like that? i want to paint matt black and blue, and please, dont suggest me plasti dip, i wouldnt want that painting to go down on a scratch ._. and if any of you guys could tell me what else i could work on it. I also want to know if there's any way of painting that acrylic window blue, but look kinda transparent at the same time since i dont have any way of replacing it (i cant buy any of the damn things on performancepc since i live in panama). Also I want to know if that power supply will be able to work on that case (its a full tower, and I dont expect the 8 pin cable to reach...) if it wont, is there any way to extend it?

For paint you can use enamel and it won't have any problems, just scotch brite or lightly sand the original paint to roughen up the surface and prep/clean before painting, if it's a bare metal part though, make sure to use an etching primer to give it good adhesion before applying paint. For paint if your looking for extra contact/abrasion properties try getting engine enamel or wheel paints. 

As for the window, try looking for tinted acrylic to replace it with or find a local car shop or online retailer that sells tail light tinting, also try frozencpu they ship computer parts worldwide.

Just to start... here's my current build (i am new here so.. yeah :P)

ok so... here's the thing, what i want to do is.... make some changes on my pc since i finally have a job and started saving for my own entertainment, main thing i want to do is upgrade this damned case to a nzxt switch 810, but not actually just change it, i also want to paint it, but i dont know what kind of painting i should use, is enamel spray paint gonna work at all?... I mean.. is enamel going to affect the case in any way? or is it just going to chill there and not affect the case's material or anything like that? i want to paint matt black and blue, and please, dont suggest me plasti dip, i wouldnt want that painting to go down on a scratch ._. and if any of you guys could tell me what else i could work on it. I also want to know if there's any way of painting that acrylic window blue, but look kinda transparent at the same time since i dont have any way of replacing it (i cant buy any of the damn things on performancepc since i live in panama). Also I want to know if that power supply will be able to work on that case (its a full tower, and I dont expect the 8 pin cable to reach...) if it wont, is there any way to extend it?

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

as described earlier on painting the acrylic enamels are usually the most forgiving

but they do need time to cure 24hrs to touch and 30days for rough handling. if the

surface is not prepared properly, the paint can/will lift, chip or "fish-eye" causing

more of an issue to redo (strip old off and try again). what parts are you looking

to paint? plastics? chassis? side-panels?

window tint works well for color shading the panel window(s). if painting the acrylic

window you'd look for a candy blue (not the best idea) paint. 

cable extensions from NZXT, Bitfenix or custom made can add 30/45/60cm.

Thank you very much :D altought i still dont know how to work on that window, may you guys tell me what number of sand paper would you use? 1000?, 2000? Im going to paint the case mostly black, wherever i might like would be blue

Im also thinking about adding led strips, which i have those that cars use (those also work, right?.... they're 12 V anf everything....) and im going to make them custom

Thank you very much :D altought i still dont know how to work on that window, may you guys tell me what number of sand paper would you use? 1000?, 2000? Im going to paint the case mostly black, wherever i might like would be blue

For painting I personally use something in the range of 240 grit very lightly to rough up the surface initially or scotch bright since you can't really scratch the surface too badly. 

Usually you use 1000-2000 grit to start polishing out mirror finishes. 

Here's two different ways to tint the acrylic window:

http://www.wikihow.com/Tint-Tail-Lights

Im also thinking about adding led strips, which i have those that cars use (those also work, right?.... they're 12 V anf everything....) and im going to make them custom

I have a set of those just be sure to wire it correctly and make sure they are 12V LED strips and you shouldn't have any problems, if they are RGB lights you'll need a controller though.

That option sounds cool enough, i think im going with the clear option (v'○')--b. Tough i may just ask someone to do it for me lol... but, btw... scotch brite, as in this
zoe59e.jpg ???

That option sounds cool enough, i think im going with the clear option (v'○')--b. Tough i may just ask someone to do it for me lol... but, btw... scotch brite, as in this

http://oi60.tinypic.com/zoe59e.jpg ???

Yeah, that will work just make sure it isn't too abrasive since some are very rough, but that one looks good.

here is a whole series on painting PC components including cases/chassis:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MonsterMawd/search?query=paint

bill owen for MNPCTech has been doing this for a long time and has easy to

follow and local accessible products to get results.

btw, might any of you tell me if i have to change the cooling solution of a cooler master seidon 120 water cooler please? its 1 year old and i'm already starting to think things even tough i haven't seen any performance loss on it