Logitech G710+ review Stay Away!

Surprised I haven't had issues with my G710+ :P

same here!

How did they break dude?!!?

How did they break dude?!!?

after using them for about 6 months, the keys started wiggling and finally I took them off and saw pieces of plastic missing. It happened to 6 of the keys and almost all of them are wiggly a bit.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Have you removed any key caps at all? Mine was totally fine until I did that. Other then the caps cracking though, it's a damn good keyboard.

A couple when i dropped some crumbs but no real need to start removing key caps

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I just love my G710+ ...but I have the same problem.

Arrow key broke, luckily I have spare keycaps from my Steelseries keyboard (which I didn't dig so much, Cherry MX blacks are too stiff to my liking).

The plastic is really low quality and I find myself sometimes moving the keyboard around by pushing the sides of the keycaps... you know, making room on the table etc.

This causes a lot of strain to the crappy keycaps and they will break sooner or later.

I just love my G710+ ...but I have the same problem.

Arrow key broke, luckily I have spare keycaps from my Steelseries keyboard (which I didn't dig so much, Cherry MX blacks are too stiff to my liking).

The plastic is really low quality and I find myself sometimes moving the keyboard around by pushing the sides of the keycaps... you know, making room on the table etc.

This causes a lot of strain to the crappy keycaps and they will break sooner or later.

See, I don't have spare keycaps. I'm not spending $50 on a set of replacements either. I shouldn't have to resort to that. They saved a nickel using lower quality plastic and in return spent thousands of dollars on RMAs from pissed off gamers who might never use their products again. I always knew Logitech's quality was mid range but I expected their products to at least not break on me.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Just to add something here. I also own a logitech G710 plus and I haven't have any issue with the key cap breaking.

I also want to comment that side by side with my cousin cm quick fire rapid tkl (cherry my brown), the G710 w/out the o rings feels smoother and lighter compared to cm storm quick fire rapid

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

Contact Logitech, they are a very compliant company when it comes to RMA.

I have one, I had the issue with a single key, and they offered to replace the keyboard. And I am very sure you could just get them to send you caps.

And even at that, I know few people personally that are having this issue, it's just me. It isn't the biggest problem in the world, and it isn't something to completely write off the keyboard for.

There are plenty of keyboards with issues. The K70 and K95 are notorious for LED failiure. The BlackWidow Ultimate is not exactly built well. The BW Tournament has a terrible on board Mini USB connector.

Hmm, that's odd. I've had my Corsair K70 red switches (gunmetal black) since November of last year, never had an LED die. I think I read somewhere it was mostly the silver colored keybords with Blue LEDs that died a lot.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

I don't see a problem with mine either.

As said, contact Logitech, the RMA service is great and hassle free.

I think anger management and internet rage would save some problems... I've seen couple punching the keyboard and not typing. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Honestly it's still a kickass keyboard. The major risk seems to be when removing caps. Plus thousands of people have bought them and not complained. As they say, only the vocal minority scream when something goes wrong. When something goes right, people just continue using their awesome thing.

Any reason to remove the caps?

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Usually? Nope.

Possible reasons include:

1. Curiosity/learning

2. Cleaning <- Reason I took mine off - spilled a bunch of pop into the keyboard and had to clean the whole thing with alcohol

3. Customization - changing key caps with novelty ones or customized feel

4. I'm sure there are more reasons?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

CM storm master brand. This thing is built like a big bar of adamantium, weighs as much as a big bar of adamantium and is simply amazing. I tried the G710+ but I had this exact problem lol. Also tried 2 K70's but their LED's failed on me in a week.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Usually? Nope.

Possible reasons include:

1. Curiosity/learning

2. Cleaning <- Reason I took mine off - spilled a bunch of pop into the keyboard and had to clean the whole thing with alcohol

3. Customization - changing key caps with novelty ones or customized feel

4. I'm sure there are more reasons?

Ah, I don't have any food/drinks near my keyboard & to clean dust I use those air can (or whatever they are called).

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Ah, I don't have any food/drinks near my keyboard & to clean dust I use those air can (or whatever they are called).

Smart man ;)

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I currently have the G710+ and have had it for almost 2 years now and everything still works fine.  I have removed all keycaps 2 times (one for cleaning and another to remove the o-rings, on top of that, I use a screwdriver b/c I don't have a key puller) and have had no problems with them.  every led light still works great, media keys still work great, and the wheel is fine.  The only thing I don't like about this keyboard is how big it is. Everything works as advertised.  Every product will have some batches with defects and apparently you have gotten one and I am sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning on buying a G710+ in the next months. However, I'll just buy it on the US and come back to my south equatorian cave...

If the keycaps start to break, I'm fucked.

I wish I could find the CM Trigger / Trigger Z for sale... anywhere. It's the only Cherry MX Browns with macros and that doesn't look totally bad...

If anyone knows of a mechanical keyboard with browns and macros (on the left, that Gigabyte keyboard has the stupidiest macro keys placement ever), please let me know! Or else, I'm gonna get the G710+ and type like a lady so I won't break any keycaps... Also, when cleaning, I'll definitely use compressed air/vaccuum, removing the keycaps must be frightening.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I've been extremely happy with my G710+ , I hope that I don't run into the same challenges as you 

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

I love my G710+ and would recommend it to anyone. 

Intel i7-7770K | Asus Maximus X Hero  | EVGA GTX980 SuperClocked | 16GB Memory| Samsung 960 EVO M.2 | Corsair RM 750W | Dell 27" S2716DG main display | Dual Dell ST2320L 23" Secondary displays | Windows 10

Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Logitech G502 mouse | Kingston HyperX Cloud headset | Corsair H100i 

This happened to my laptop. I was very annoyed, because it's not like you can just get a new keyboard for that.

Also, the keycaps on the Quickfire Rapid are very good. But these seem to be VERY different keyboards.

This happened to my laptop. I was very annoyed, because it's not like you can just get a new keyboard for that.

Also, the keycaps on the Quickfire Rapid are very good. But these seem to be VERY different keyboards.

Actually depending on the model, you can often find replacement keyboards on ebay for quite cheap.

Actually depending on the model, you can often find replacement keyboards on ebay for quite cheap.

It's a Thinkpad, so there are hundreds, but I won't bother. It's too much work and money, and I'm getting a new one next year anyways, so...

oh, so this is a common issue :0

The A button broke a while ago on mine. Just popped in one of the extra keys that came with my older MK-80.

Also had some of them just popping of, but usually that because I pressed them from a weird angle

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Remove O-rings for better feel!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Well from having one for a few days I can see how some of this may occur, but I can't see a cap just breaking due to regular use. Sure if you apply to much force at the right angle it will pop off and probably break but I would think any key cap would do the same. Half the reason I buy Logitech is because of their warranty and RMA service, my g35 headset broke and they had no problem sending me pre paid label for international express shipping both ways, and I got a brand new unit. I question Logitech parts quality all the time but in the end I find it on par. I so far like many others LOVE this board. 

Before buying my Logi G35 headset I read forum horror stories of the ear cups breaking off and the headset being a a pile of broken plastic with a few months of use. Mine survived a year before the USB plug went, But when it was shipped back it had no structural problems or any other physical issues. Just internal :(

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

This is my experience with the g710+

6 month ago, the keys on my g710+ began to get stucked when pressing them down. Then the plastic bits broke, which connects the key to the switch. I then contacted Logitech which stated they wouldn't do anything about it and i should contact the retailer i bougth it at. I was kind a angry at Logitech for sending the problem over to Proshop.dk (retailer)

Especialy when this is a common problem with the Logitech g710+.Now the lights on the g keys  is beginning to fade out and wont turn on anymore. I have also had problems with logitech products (4x g500s) before. I wont be buying anything from them anymore.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz