Receivers for 5 Speakers

Xanokei

Curious in general was deciding to buy a Receiver don't know what to go for 

Sony Strdh730 or the STRDH550

or the

Onkyo HT-RC550

but there isn't a huge amount of reviews on them

I see, the sale for the STRDH550 is over >< so now i may end up getting the HT-RC550

P.S

I forgot to mention this is going to be used for my Computer

Yamaha.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

stick with Denon, Marantz, Yamaha.

Onkyo have HDMI issues and Sony is just not very well sort after in receivers

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

Denon Master Race.

Either are fine, just get the one that has the features you want/need. Just note they are both entry level so features/connectivity may be limited.

[Case] Phanteks Eclipse P400S TG (Air Mesh) || [CPU] Ryzen 7 5800X || [Cooler] Dark Rock Slim || [Mobo] ROG STRIX B550-F || [RAM] 32GB Trident Z RGB 3600MHz CL16

[GPU] XFX MERC319 Radeon RX 6950XT || [SSD] 1TB WD SN550 M.2 NVME || [HDD] 6TB Seagate IronWolf 7200 || [PSU] Corsair AX850

[Display] LG 27GL850 @ 2560x1440 - 144Hz || [Mouse] ROG Gladius II || [Keyboard] ROG Strix Flare (Cherry MX Red) || [Speakers] 2.1 Logitech Z-3 || [Fans] 3x 120mm Corsair LL RGB

Theater Room - My 11.1 Home Theater

Go with whatever has the features that you want. If your speakers are close to your seating position, you probably don't need much amp capacity anyway.

What speakers do you have by the way?

Wow lots of ppl replied haha, Thanks for the heads up i'm not using it for HDMI stuff just need it for Speakers thats all i'm using it for though i could hook it in the future for my Wii U when i get it hmmm .....

I went with pioneer for sub $300 unit. You want to buy just as they refresh them and get the old model at a steal.

At least when I bought mine the low end Yamaha's were shit.