I saw the twitch stream and can say that the main problem was to install the hard drives :P

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Because Google!.....

Wait what?

I recommend everyone watch with the captions and post results here :) It always makes for an entertaining read

post-66999-0-43212900-1407952532.png

what do you think of this.

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

The two issues of adequate support for the PSU and radiator have already been addressed (via a couple of pieces of extrusion):

-snip pretty nice bench-

-Rich

16ec462762.jpg

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Oh my god, so many meme possibilities, hipster luke, endless bubblewrap+foam peanut shower, etc.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Those configurable aluminium extrusions are the holy balls. We prototype everything at work with that shit. http://www.maytec.com.au/product

You could probably find a sister company in Canada and just order a bar to fix that radiator

In the US this is called 80/20.

I don't understand this product either. He really just precut a bunch of aluminum extrusion and included some custom stand offs. You could literally order this exactly from 80/20 and then buy/make some stand-offs for it.

Edit: this has been stated before I didn't realize.

if you attempt to build that with a dremel and grinder instead of a bandsaw + belt-sander, that would take SOOO much longer and probably a whole set of dremel blades at least. unless these specific rails are low quality aluminum/metal (I only have experience with 80/20 from Grainger, which I would never ever waste time taking a dremel too)

for the amount of time to do that....again, if I was a regular consumer, I think the price is completely reasonable vs the time/effort of building this myself. I think the bigger question just leads back to if spending this much on a test bench is worth it at all to you - most people would suffice with the motherboard box for basic test bench trouble shooting

You really just need a metal saw blade for a radial arm saw and you can cut through it easy. I ordered a bunch of stock when I did my capstone project in high school, and just cut it all myself.

It'll likely buckle in the middle given any serious weight like a full radiator. You'd need one solid piece for it to work.

that stuff is solid. If you use the proper brackets and mount everything properly then it isn't going anywhere. I had 2 tons of pressure (supplied by a bottle jack) on a 1.5" piece and it held up fine.

In the US this is called 80/20.

I don't understand this product either. He really just precut a bunch of aluminum extrusion and included some custom stand offs. You could literally order this exactly from 80/20 and then buy/make some stand-offs for it.

Edit: this has been stated before I didn't realize.

Many people don't have the proper equipment or time. As well, @Spotswood has gone through a LOT of trouble making sure all the standoffs are pre drilled in proper locations, GPU brackets work, etc. There is a lot of work going into these designs the average user would not want (or be capable of) to do.

I ordered my two units from him and for the price consider it one hell of a deal. Yes, given the proper tools, which I don't have, and the time, thinking weeks at the minimum, I could have done it myself. But that's the trick. The cost for me for the two units would have been a lot more based on tools and wasted material while I figure things out. Plus, I have no doubt mine would not looked half as good as his does.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Wasn't this a kickstarter project from a while back, or am I thinking of something different?

CPU: i5 3570K 4GHz - GPU: EVGA GTX 670 Signature 2 - Storage: 2x Samsung 840 EVO 120GB in Raid 0, 1TB WD Green, 1TB WD Black, 64GB OCZ SSD - Mobo: ASRock Pro 4 - Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212EVO - Case: Corsair 450D

Many people don't have the proper equipment or time. As well, @Spotswood has gone through a LOT of trouble making sure all the standoffs are pre drilled in proper locations, GPU brackets work, etc. There is a lot of work going into these designs the average user would not want (or be capable of) to do.

I ordered my two units from him and for the price consider it one hell of a deal. Yes, given the proper tools, which I don't have, and the time, thinking weeks at the minimum, I could have done it myself. But that's the trick. The cost for me for the two units would have been a lot more based on tools and wasted material while I figure things out. Plus, I have no doubt mine would not looked half as good as his does.

Couldn't agree more

Rich Chomiczewski took what Luke said into account and has fixed those problems.  :)

post-66997-0-58547100-1407973466.png

post-66997-0-58547100-1407973466.png

The two issues of inadequate support for the PSU and radiator have already been addressed (via a couple of pieces of extrusion):

-snip-

-Rich

I put a link to the updated product page in the video description and added annotations to the video (during the sections that mention the PSU and radiator issues) stating that the issues have been addressed. Thanks for being on top of it!

Looks interesting, though I don't see myself having much of a use for a test bench at the moment. That said, I honestly like Luke hosting more then Linus. Not that Linus is a bad host or anything though.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

The height of the tech station lower tier has been raised to accommodate a CaseLabs S5 and S8 pedestal 120.3 radiator side mount.

;)

That looks AMAZING! Suddenly I want to get rid of my existing case :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

That looks AMAZING! Suddenly I want to get rid of my existing case :)

You could add a lower tier to what you already have.  Just say'n.   :D

-Rich

Spotswood Computer Cases

You could add a lower tier to what you already have.  Just say'n.   :D

Using that. I mean get rid of my Switch 810 and and go to that for a water cooled build. That be unique... BTW, how well would the framing take to painting? A particular type I would use?

Using that. I mean get rid of my Switch 810 and and go to that for a water cooled build. That be unique... BTW, how well would the framing take to painting? A particular type I would use?

The tolerances of the size of the slots is very tight, so after painting the heads of M3 socket bolts would no longer fit, but the square nuts should be ok.  

Note that I heard that you'll soon be able to purchase the hardware to attach side panels to these.   :rolleyes:

-Rich

Spotswood Computer Cases