Sony MDR-V6

iNothing

Why not spend the 20 pounds towards a better headphone?

If you are quick grab the last pair of Skullcandy Aviators. The Phillips CityScape Uptown are also in your price range and have a very good. price/performance ratio. AKG 240 is also a very nice headphone. The Brainwavz HM5 or Lindy Premium, which are the same headphone are also very good, however they have a good portion of clamping force on your head, but they sound very nicely.

You Potato Head im paying in dollars not pounds you pom

If you are quick grab the last pair of Skullcandy Aviators. The Phillips CityScape Uptown are also in your price range and have a very good. price/performance ratio. AKG 240 is also a very nice headphone. The Brainwavz HM5 or Lindy Premium, which are the same headphone are also very good, however they have a good portion of clamping force on your head, but they sound very nicely.

skullcandy is horrible. not sure on the phillips but they sometimes sell for more than theyre worth

skullcandy is horrible. not sure on the phillips but they sometimes sell for more than theyre worth

What makes you say the skullcandy are bad? The philips are good as well.

Headset

In general Skullcandies were horrible, but lately they have become a lot better, especially with the Aviators. Please read some reviews or even better, listen to them before making a judgement.

I would get the MDR-V6's if it were me. I have listened to the aviators, the philips, and the k240's and I like the sony's the best because they are very flat and revealing. The only thing I don't like about the sony's is the coiled cable it tangles weird like random loops.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

You can't spell ignorant without IGN...-TheSLSAMG

+1 skullcandy aviators and mixmaster mikes have seen positive reviews however given the legacy of sub par products they've produced I'd invest elsewhere especially given the diverse and competitive choices in that market segment. 

I'd still stick with the V6 as well from what I remember when I "borrowed" my roomate's sony's is it was very comfortable with soft almost papery vinyl 

Thank you guys for not being like the potato POM overthere

I love my MDR-7506 which I believe use the same drivers and from the reviews I read when I was doing my research are very close in performance.  I also believe they use the same ear pads, I wear them all day long, everyday without any ear pain. 

I put on some logitech headsets to do some VOIP and my ears were soar in a couple hours.  I need a good mic for VOIP.

Come at me you POTATO POM, 1V1 me at the back of aldi

WTF are you on about?

I've listened to quite a few high end headphones.

The v6's are easily my favorite, without spending lots of monies. I hate the Shure cans - I think they all sound lame and have weird recessions that the v6s don't. I think Sennheiser sound signature is a little weird - especially the HD-280s. I respect the 240 MK IIs - I don't find the regular 240s to be nearly as good (any their prices aren't all that different).

If you really want to get in to headphone mania, go check out some of the posts over at head-fi.org

To answer your original question: You don't need the beyer pads. I've used my v6s for ~2 years with the inside seams busted and they're more comfortable this way than they were before for my head. I'll grab the 250 pads though, in due time.

Thanks guys, i ordered the V6's.

Do you guys recommend any in-ear earphones? im leaning towards the shure se215

Do you guys recommend any in-ear earphones? im leaning towards the shure se215

Yeah, I've got the 215's, excellent pair of IEM's, comparable to my DT770's which I use when at home.

I found that the 215's aren't as neutral as some other IEM's such as the ones in the 'Phonak Audeo' range, as the 215's are very bass orientated in my opinion. I would also point that the plastic sleeving that folds over the top of your ear is rather stiff when you first get them so can take a little bit of force when adjusting to your ears.

The foam tips also offer very good sound insulation from the outside world and are very comfortable over long periods of time, I personally managed to wear them on a whole 10 hour flight from the UK to China and was completely fine afterwards.

I would also recommend looking at the Beyerdynamic DTX 101's which offer something in the middle of the 215's and Phonak Audeo's 012's which offer a fairly neutral sound but still adds some color to the sound.

I have also heard that Etymotic do some good IEM's but have not tried any myself.

Phonak Audeo's 012's - http://www.audeoworld.com/ear-phones/audeo-perfect-fit-earphones-012-black.html

Ety's offerings - http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/epcomp.html

Beyer's - http://europe.beyerdynamic.com/shop/dtx-101-ie.html

Hope this helps,

Tom

The answer is 42.
Oh, wait, you mean to tell me you need to know the question now?
Well, I can't answer that.

can u recommend a better one?

how about the headphones those pads are actually for?  Beyerdynamic DT770 80Ohm is an even more comfortable choice, if you want comfort that is.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

how about the headphones those pads are actually for?  Beyerdynamic DT770 80Ohm is an even more comfortable choice, if you want comfort that is.

They're comfortable yes, but my ears and getting quite hot and sweaty at the moment, saying that it is rather hot outside...

Either way, they are a fantastic set of 'cans'.

The answer is 42.

Well if your looking for portable cans (assuming because you said IEM's) I would get a set of Koss Portapros.

CPU: AMD 3600 GPU: ASUS DUAL OC RX 6750 XT MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P RAM: 16GB XPG Gammix D10 3000Mhz

PSU: Gamdias Kratos P1 650w 80+ Gold OS:Windows 10 pro Case: 4U Rackmount  HDD/SSD:Seagate 8 TB/ Patriot Scorch m.2 512GB

the shure se215 don't need an amp but the koss portapro would get a bass boost by using an amp.

Im not going to get the portapro, cause i want in ear earphones.

Do the shure se215's need an amp

My GNex drives them rather well with volume around 3/4, although as h3ll0 said, it would definitely help.. 

The answer is 42.

I've purchased the MDR-V6 before and they are pretty good and look nice. I would advise changing the earpads to the velour pads.
The ones that come with the MDR-V6 are pretty uncomfortable and made my ears sweat (for me anyway).

CPU: Intel 2700k (4.7) MOBO: Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE GPU: Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290X RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence (1866) CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Noctua NF-F12 Storage: 256GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD (Boot), 64GB Crucial M4 (SSD Cache), 1TB WD Black Cavier, 2TB Hitachi, 2.5TB Buffalo Sound Card: Xonar Essence STX Case: Corsair Graphite 600t w/ full acrylic side PSU: Corsair HX750 (individually sleeved) 
Peripherals: Filco Keyboard (Brown) Razer Deathadder, Sennheiser HD595, Zalman ZM-MIC1, Steelseries Qck Mass mousepad.
Pics of my Rig