DIY case noise cancelling tips?

I use some old fabric my mom used when sewing that she no longer needed and covered the hard drive bay and sides of the case (minus ventilation holes). What sort of stuff do you do to make it as quiet as possible (besides a quiet CPU cooler or case fans etc)? 

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

hard drives gets hot btw

I only cover the metal parts of the hard drive cage that don't help ventilation.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Noise reduction, not noise canceling.

Thank you.

I was going to make some smart assed comment about exactly how he was getting his old fabric to the right frequencies at the right time. I see this is no longer necessary. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Noise canceling is an active technology that actively and electronicly cancles out the sound waves being detected.

Noise reduction however is a passive technology that comes from using padding foam or otherwise materials that are poor transmitters of sound waves.

I'm actually getting real sick and fucking tired of peoples lack of reading comprehension and poor usage of language. People always get mad at me when I correct people who say "animes" and always snark "why does it matter?"

It matters because if we let this shit go, language breaks down, people become miss informed, speak incorrectly, and words lose their meaning and utility.

It's anime, stop saying "animes."

It's mice, stop saying "mouses."

It's Aurin, stop saying "Aurins."

It's Viera, stop saying "Vieras."

It's Pikachu, stop saying "pikachus."

Catch my drift?

If we all used the proper terminology we'd have no problem with communication breakdown and everyone would communicate more smoothly and without utilizing extra effort to understand one another.

Like when playing WildStar, people used the racial names in plural context which was grammatically incorrect, even after being corrected. Same with pokemon names, and other variations of imported words.

Preservation of context, plural usage, and accurate meaning is extremely important in proper language usage.

Being lazy and breaking it down, and making acronyms of everything, as well as throwing whatever words you have on hand even if you know others will understand them, is not the right way to communicate.

I've recently gotten back into MMORPGs and been using some forums for some time and I've started to notice something that's really starting to fucking piss me off.

I've made a few posts for suggestions and explanations of various aspects(Characters, game mechanics, ect), and I've noticed that people don't seem to be understanding the wording...

And I don't mean I'm using specialized advanced language and wording but just basic common place speech.

Like I recently, I posted a thread on the WildStar forums suggesting that the Devs allow us to have the option to make our housing plot account wide for our characters.

I kid you fucking not, it's like people didn't even read or understand the post, because the responses in return were indicative of me demanding that it was a mandatory change.

Example: "Disagree as well, instead of being forced to have a single plot, I now have the choice to have upto 6 different themed houses if I choose so (Important bit there)."

But yet my OP was the line "Please no, give me the option to make my housing plot account wide."

Yet a few posts down someone fucking submits a post with this sentence: "How about an option to?"

Are you fucking serious?

What happened to people reading things? And if they did, how the fuck did not understand what the word "option" indicates?

Thread: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/87819-i-wish-my-house-was-account-wide-and-not-per-character/

This is not the first time, and probably will not be the last, but this one particular incident set me off.

Do people not read forum content anymore? Is there something I missed a while ago where its "Hip and Cool" to not read anything anymore and instead sling uninformed posts and replies around forums and community posts?

Why the hell am I having to explain basic English to native English speakers?

/rage

I use some old fabric my mom used when sewing that she no longer needed and covered the hard drive bay and sides of the case (minus ventilation holes). What sort of stuff do you do to make it as quiet as possible (besides a quiet CPU cooler or case fans etc)? 

You could suspend the hard drives using bungee or elastic cord just make sure it doesn't move around or slide especially if you move your PC, I have mine on thick blocks of foam and a mounted the drive on a plexi backer.

http://lifehacker.com/378786/silence-your-hard-drive-with-elastic-suspenders

Also noise dampening kits help with noise in enclosed spaces like the be quiet one posted by @MattP123, I'd do this after you invest in some quiet fans and coolers first of course, kill the noise making device first before dampening.

Thank you.

I was going to make some smart assed comment about exactly how he was getting his old fabric to the right frequencies at the right time. I see this is no longer necessary. 

haha, I have been looking at headphones for a little while now and it looks like Noise cancelling slipped in there. I do know the difference though so don't panic. But yeah, only things I could think of were some Noctua fans and an SSD. 

-snip-

Stopped reading at "miss informed". If you're going to criticise peoples language use, yours needs to be perfect.