ASUS RoG Swift PG278Q

Was kinda looking forward to this monitor, it looks awesome and i knew it was gonna be a bit more expensive then your regular run of the mill gaming monitor, but where i live (Denmark), this monitor costs the equivalent of freakin 1200 dollars :(

Ryzen 7 3700x, MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, 16GB Ballistix Elite 3600MHz, MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio, Corsair RM750x V2

Hello All,

So after watching the review I can say that is an amazing monitor and I would love to make that my new monitor, but I have a question.

I currently have 2 GTX 780Ti (SC/ACX) and I am wonding if that will be able to drive current/new games at max settings and above 70+ fps?

I know that the 780Ti's only have 3Gb of Vram, so I dont want to start saving for this monitor to find out that I really wont be able to fully utilize the features that it comes with.

I really want a G-Sync monitor.

Would it be a better choice to go for a 1080p G-Sync monitor like the Ben-Q, which is set to come out soon?

thank you in advance.

We want that third link that goes nowhere because it's not out in those regions! :)

So you're telling me im not going to get this monitor in canada?!?!?

So you're telling me im not going to get this monitor in canada?!?!?

The release is slow as heck, but yeah Europe and Asia got this monitor way ahead of us.  According to ASUS, this monitor is coming to North America at the end of August, so still looking at 2-4 weeks depending on where you are locally, or maybe even longer.  Linus and other reviewers are obviously exceptions that got models for review ahead of us.

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Terve!
No offence to anyone, but don't you think you should be a little carefull with "next gen experience" after what we saw from other

"next gen experience" things?  ;)

Btw. I am looking to probably use three ASUS PB238Q monitors in horizontal Eye-Finity.

But that is not going to happen, if my GPU recently died...

Sayonara!

Can't wait to see some more competition for this monitor. I'm really Excited to see Gsync and Free-Sync take off. They are game changing technologies.

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

i just want a 1440p monitor at 144hz i have Dual MSI GEforce GTX 770 Twin Frozr 3 2GB GDDR5 any suggestions? 

When does this actually go on the market? I can't find a price anywhere.

My next monitor will be a 4K monitor that supports 60 FPS, has games fill the screen full in 1080p when playing games at a lower resolution, has IPS or better quality screen, etc.  It will also have to come in at an affordable price.  I guess I will be waiting on buying a monitor til late 2016/early 2017?

Also I don't want G-Sync.  I want 'N Sync!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

The "short-list" as demanded: The AOC u3477Pqu 34" 21:9 and that's it as I'm running dual R9 290's a G-sync monitor is out of the question.

And I'm never buying a TN-panel again, even if this is the best TN-panel to date as some of the professional monitor-reviewers are saying, it's still double the price of what I'm willing to pay for a TN-monitor.

Very promising, give me an IPS version with a bonus HDMI port for my console(s) and I'll finally have my prefect monitor :)

HexCase: Corsair iCUE 5000X RGBCPU: Ryzen R7 3700X  | MOBO: Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus | GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super | RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaw DDR4-3600 16GB | SSD: Corsair MP600 1TB & 480 GB EVO | HDD: 4tb WD Black & 3TB WD Green | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+ | Cooler: CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT, | Monitor: Acer Predator X34 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB | Mouse: Logitech Hero | OS: Windows 11 | Speakers: Audioengine A5+ | Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud 2 | Laptop/Tablet: TBD | Phone: Samsung Note 9 | PS4 | Xbox One | TV Sony XBR55X900F

The price is too steap for my wallet. The very most I can afford is $200

I disagree with the review.

I would pick ULMB over G-Sync every single time.

If you are a hardcore gamer and you're system can achieve perfect frames (FPS is perfectly synchronize with refresh rate without dips) ULMB is just so much better.

If you do alot of motion panning (like on fast paced FPS or racing games), it totally reduces eye strain and improves your aiming.

Even small movement looks so buttery smooth.

If you are spending $600+ on a monitor, I bet you could spend money to get SLI or crossfire setup (like GTX 770 SLI or R9 290 CFX) which totally defeats the purpose of G-Sync.

on a sidenote, there is not even a mention if there is gamma raises past 60Hz or if there is any noticeable Image Doubling / Ghosting / Crosstalk under 144Hz non strobed or 120Hz strobed mode (which is really common on virtually all 144Hz available atm).

disappointing review is disappointing

Yeah, we're all just a bunch of idiots experiencing nothing more than the placebo effect.

What am I waiting for? 2560x1080p ips g-sync monitor.

Once that comes out....I'll be a happy man

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

I disagree with the review.

I would pick ULMB over G-Sync every single time.

If you are a hardcore gamer and you're system can achieve perfect frames (FPS is perfectly synchronize with refresh rate without dips) ULMB is just so much better.

If you do alot of motion panning (like on fast paced FPS or racing games), it totally reduces eye strain and improves your aiming.

Even small movement looks so buttery smooth.

If you are spending $600+ on a monitor, I bet you could spend money to get SLI or crossfire setup (like GTX 770 SLI or R9 290 CFX) which totally defeats the purpose of G-Sync.

on a sidenote, there is not even a mention if there is gamma raises past 60Hz or if there is any noticeable Image Doubling / Ghosting / Crosstalk under 144Hz non strobed or 120Hz strobed mode (which is really common on virtually all 144Hz available atm).

disappointing review is disappointing

I agree, it sounded like he wasn't able to maintain the 120+ FPS necessary (difficult to do at 1440p, no doubt) to really get the effect. The first time I fired up Borderlands 2 with LightBoost, I was completely in love. "I have a CRT again!" I can't imagine the G-Sync experience being better than that. It's going to be great when we can unnoticeably shift between G-Sync and ULMB automatically.

Understandably, reading while scrolling isn't that cool.

Yes. I was already sold. This just adds to the want. December is a long ways away however...

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

I want this. But..the money and the wait. Wish it was like $500 but thats not possible. 

Yeah, I was sold on this one as soon as I heard about it.

£700 though, a bit on the expensive side. The more I consider buying a new monitor, the more I think just waiting is the better option. (At least till I upgrade my graphics card).

ULMB for desktop and games that run at 120 stable

GSYNC for using max settings on games

is the module any different from the upgrade kit... i wonder if i could install its bios on my kit to get the crosshairs back

I'm still waiting for a review from prad.de on this monitor, something more professional. Saying that "the viewing angles are okay for a TN monitor" and then commenting on a noticeable colour shift when looking straight at the monitor just doesn't bode well with me. Not to mention that this makes this monitor 100% useless in portrait mode, the contradicting features it has, the high price point and the proprietary technology built into it.

great screen,

I've been rockin a benq for awhile now and it still looks great.

nice review as per ushej

Pitt Meadows what!!

Ryan

Hi, could you please tell me what is the simulation/video running on the screen thru majority of the review?

Thanks!

Unigine Heaven (benchmark software)

CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600x | GPU GIGABYTE GTX 1070ti WINDFORCE | MOBO ASUS Prime X570-P | MEMORY XPG Spectrix 2x8GB 3200MHz  | PSU OCZ Zx 850W | CASE NZXT H440