Bought A Sony KDL 55W905A

MPX309

Yup, I did end up buying a new TV in the end, well I wasn't going to orignally after the thread I made about how often do you upgrade your TV, but I seen this Sony for under £900 and just had to have it (clearance item) . . Saw no dead pixels or scratches.

Will be here on Thurs. 

Read many reviews before buying it. . . I have a Samsung surround sound system which plays 3D blu rays but I doubt I'll ever use it, as I've never been keen on the goggles idea. Bought it mainly for films and gaming (PS4) . . . Apparently you can get the response time down to like 8ms . . . If anyone has one please I'd love to hear your views on it. Only I will be using it so the limited viewing angle that many reviews have mentioned will not be an issue for me.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

I have the R55 60" (The 2012 version)

The colors are very accurate and the local dimming works very well.

The W series adds a better Smart TV interface and a more powerful CPU plus a much better Response time. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

PLASMA FOR LIFE!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

thats a nice looking tv you got there buddy.

Good tv nothing else to say. also a nice remote.

I dont know if you could HDMI (with ARC) the Samsung sound system and Sony TV, you could control the sound with the Sony remote.
This worked for me once with a 40HX850 and Samsung "shite" sound system for work. (really weird that it worked)

as for zac, pioneer kuro still live and kicking  B)

PLASMA FOR LIFE!

Yes Plasmas have their place I agree. . . . and in certain situations and if I was able to afford one I'd have picked one, but also they come with their own draw backs. . . heat, possible buzzing, poor visual experience in daylight rooms, reflective screens. . . more than likely within the next few weeks/month I'll have moved into my attic room in my new house, and I couldn't imagine anything worse than fitting a plasma up there, of course blackout blinds are an option but still. I also have a nasty habbit of falling sleep with the TV on so. . . 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 | Cooler: Stock | RAM: 16GB Hyper Fury X RGB | GPU: RTX 2080 Super FTW3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Elite| PSU: Corsair RM850x
Storage: WD SN750 500GB / 850 500GB Samsung Evo /  | CASE: 570X | Display: Dell u2414h  | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: Corsair M65

Yes Plasmas have their place I agree. . . . and in certain situations and if I was able to afford one I'd have picked one, but also they come with their own draw backs. . . heat, possible buzzing, poor visual experience in daylight rooms, reflective screens. . . more than likely within the next few weeks/month I'll have moved into my attic room in my new house, and I couldn't imagine anything worse than fitting a plasma up there, of course blackout blinds are an option but still. I also have a nasty habbit of falling sleep with the TV on so. . .

If you get a good one, it'll only get a tad of burn in but that happens on all plasmas. IMO in daylight it's not actually that bad.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ