Best Sub $400 DSLR

It's going to be used mainly for Photos (Occasionally videos) and it has to be good in low light. Size doesn't matter and I am kind of biased towards Canon also.

Currently I am looking at the t3i but the D3200 from Nikon looks promising, thoughts?

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

T3i is great if you can get it under 400$ i'm not a fanboy, my dad has it and it's perfect, i'm going to buy myself an fujifilm finepix sl1000, it's only 300$

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

I don't know much about the t3i, but i do know that the d3200 is a very solid camera. @wtfxmitchell seems to recommend it so I would say go for the one that is cheaper unless you need some features specific to one or the other.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It's going to be used mainly for Photos (Occasionally videos) and it has to be good in low light. Size doesn't matter and I am kind of biased towards Canon also.

Currently I am looking at the t3i but the D3200 from Nikon looks promising, thoughts?

Well I was originally going to recommend the Pentax K-50, but that was $100 over your budget (but completely worth it). Anyhoo, looking at dxomark (they benchmark camera sensors and lenses) I can see that the D3200 easily beats the ass off the T3i in low light. I would recommend that over the T3i. http://www.dxomark.com/Cameras/Compare/Side-by-side/Nikon-D3200-versus-Canon-EOS-600D___801_692

The D3200 is a really soild camera. i own one and it's 24mp sensor is strong and has a butt-tonne of detail and low light isnt bad but suffers from the high mp. The video quailty is soild as well.

Cpu: 5820K @4.0GHz   Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI    Ram: Patriot Signature 16GB @ 2133   GPU: Gigabyte G1 980  Soundcard: ASUS DX  

Speakers: Logitech Z906 and Astro A40's   Keyboard: Logitech G510

If it has to be a DSLR then take either The Alpha 58 or preferably the D3200/3300

If it may be a mirrorless camera, take the Sony A5000

If you may want an even smaller camera with large aperture, take the RX100 which even takes good video.

My PC: Intel Core i3-3220 | Alpenföhn Civetta | XFX HD 7770 1GB | ASRock B75-Pro3-M | Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB | beQuiet PurePower L8 430W | Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 1TB | Kingston V200+ 60GB | NZXT Vulcan | Soundblaster Play Replaced by Notebook + eGPU

My Notebook:   Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13-inch, Late 2013; Core i5 4258U @2.4-2.9 Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Iris Graphics 5100 + GTX 960 eGPU

My Phone: OnePlus One with CM12      Camera: Nikon D3200 + 50mm f/1.8G + Kit lenses

• 2 weeks later...

I would get a 550d or a 600d (with a kit lens) - depends on where you are from and the prices there

Install magic lanter on it, fiddle with the picture profiles (if you don't know how to do this its very easy, there are loads of simple tutorials on youtube)

After that maybe save up 80$ and buy yourself a 50mm lens and you have a nice starter pack!

Remember that one of the most important things is actually lenses. Doesn't really matter what body you buy, invest more money on lenses because camera bodys become outdated, lenses are for life! (unless you break them)