FIRST

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

NCIX has a video in case you guys are too impatient to hear Slick's opinion on it

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

FIRST

to die by Linus Lambo.

to die by Linus Lambo.

:(

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

The video is private.. Usually you guys put it as unlisted before you put the annotations right?

The video is private.. Usually you guys put it as unlisted before you put the annotations right?

Please read the full post before commenting...

Note: The video is currently private due to some unforseen issues we have experienced with YouTube's upload process over the last few days. We apologize for the inconvenience. The video will be live August 10 at 6am PDT.

Please read the full post before commenting...

You're expecting way too much. Why would you think we would read the entire post?  ;)

The most compact iTX PC I've seen is still the Steam Machine.

-snip-

those things are so sexy. I hope someone starts selling a barebones version compatible with reference GTX 800 series cards

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

FINALLY! @Slick UNBOXINGS!

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I would love to see more barebone reviews.

Specially Shuttle and Asus barebones.

I like to build my own machines but sometimes it's also interesting to look at those barebones. I my self have bought shuttle a couple of times and one asus barebone.

Thanks for the reviews!

Slick, you left a few things out. The m/bd is Z87. It can only handle up to 16 gb of RAM. It would have been nice to have some b-roll of the system out of the box. It's confusing what it included as "barebones". And nobody twigged on the wonky USB ports on the front? Yeah, sure MSI, it's nice to keep a colour scheme but there's different colours for each protocol for a reason, making 2 and 3 both the same colour sucks. Especially since you didn't continue that on the back. MSI loses a star for that decision.

Otherwise good vid.

Well... I just watched the NCIX clip and it's looks like the Amazon page is bogus. It's Z97 after all and waaay cheaper from NCIX.

Sir William of Orange: Corsair 230T - Rebel Orange, 4690K, GA-97X SOC, 16gb Dom Plats 1866C9,  2 MX100 256gb, Seagate 2tb Desktop, EVGA Supernova 750-G2, Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3, DK 9008 keyboard, Pioneer BR drive. Yeah, on board graphics - deal with it!

Really, I think that this review is one of the best and really entertaining one I've ever seen on LTT :)

Maybe it's the change of the host and the voice mainly :D

From the high pitched must-put-my-name-everywhere Linus to deeper voice of Luke.

Anyways! I'm REALLY looking forward to your next review, @Slick!

*Yes, I want to see the review of Noctua NH-12, because I am interested in the barebones builds and

so I would like to definitely know which cooler is most suitable for such cramped builds :)

The case would be interesting for me if it had a second slot for an HDD and if they got rid of that stupid OC genie button - that stuff doesn't work properly anyway so I wouldn't want to see that on the outside of the case.

CPU: AMD R5 5600x | Mainboard: MSI MAG B550m Mortar Wifi | RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 Rev E | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor | Case: Xigmatek Aquila | PSU: Corsair RM650i | SSDs: Crucial BX300 120GB | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Crucial m500 120GB | HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 4TB | CPU Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2 | Casefans: Bitfenix Spectre LED red 200mm (Intake), Bequiet Pure Wings 2 140mm (Exhaust) | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Barebones only interest me when is in mini or micor form factors

And by trusted manufacturers :D

review the cooler! we don't see many top down cooler reviews

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

I rather build from the ground up so I can have more choice on individual parts but I do see the point of barebones. Also review the cooler, would like to see how well that performs.

The most compact iTX PC I've seen is still the Steam Machine.

xlm0iq.jpg

Well, there's also Digital Storm's Bolt II. It's console size, but you can fit a Titan Z on it and the CPU is water cooled. It's stupid expensive though, so yeah...