[FOLDING] Current Client config

Go to solution Solved by Whaler_99,

Ah, well, I already set up the advanced client flags, so as long as they don't hurt anything it should be fine

Hazy, remove the flags - you can actually download unstable WU's with the client type set now. They are testing new Core17 projects that sometimes fail or look to work, but you get zero points. Right now, just run with no flags...

I used to have some folding problems a while back, so I just stopped. Since I upgraded from win 7 to 8, and with a whole new OS, folding might not be as troublesome anymore.... Buuuuut, I'm not sure about the current client configs anymore. As in, what flags and what not is the way to go these days, I'm still folding on a 4 core and a Nvidia GPU.... 

Is it still just client-type: advanced to worry about

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

You don't need flags anymore AFAIK. I think Core 17 Units are "Standard" now, because I'm not using flags but I got some.

Ah, well, I already set up the advanced client flags, so as long as they don't hurt anything it should be fine

You don't need flags anymore AFAIK. I think Core 17 Units are "Standard" now, because I'm not using flags but I got some.

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Hazy, remove the flags - you can actually download unstable WU's with the client type set now. They are testing new Core17 projects that sometimes fail or look to work, but you get zero points. Right now, just run with no flags...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99