Folding | This GPU takes is time...

some work units are bigger or new which tends to make them take longer from what i know, i in the past had some that finished in a few hours and some that took 2 days on the same card

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Could someone explain to me what folding is?

Stickies, and Google. Maybe try them out first. 

Not trying to be a dick, I just find it annoying when people ask questions when there are already detailed explanations just 20 seconds away. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Not trying to be a dick, I just find it annoying when people ask questions when there are already detailed explanations just 20 seconds away. 

Nope completely acceptable, I was just in the midst of something n just asked without really thinking. My bad

Or just answer it's not hard to write

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.

Or just answer it's not hard to write

It's not hard to search......

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

It's not hard to search......

Oh my god, isn't there like a 13+ age on this forum?

Oh my god, isn't there like a 13+ age on this forum?

I was just pointing out that you can easily find out what folding is by reading the sticky, or by searching it on Google. I don't know how that makes me immature. 

I was just pointing out that you can easily find out what folding is by reading the sticky, or by searching it on Google. I don't know how that makes me immature.

So if someone says 4690k or 4790k you say, you could easily just check google instead or if someone says 290 or 290x meh you can just check google as the forum isn't made to help out each other

So if someone says 4690k or 4790k you say, you could easily just check google instead or if someone says 290 or 290x meh you can just check google as the forum isn't made to help out each other

No, he's right. This forum isn't made to explain things related to science. Just search Folding@Home and you'll get so much results... Really bro, try it for once -_-

There's already a sticky thread dedicated to answer that question and you've got more posts than me. You should be the one who's sensible.

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

lol, a GT430 isn't exactly the most powerful state of the art gpu out there :P.

Could someone explain to me what folding is?

it's distributed computing, you basically lend computing power to scientists to help them gather data. By splitting their workloads into tiny tiny fragments and sending it all over the world to people who participate in the folding project it creates a computer network with substantial computing horse power, giving them some leisure fund wise and possibly giving them the chance to do things that wouldn't be possible otherwise,  in the end it amounts to you running some software that downloads workloads, works through them does all the calculations etc, then sends it back when it's done.

folding revolves around medical science, some goes toward medicine use but it's mostly about the protein folding, protein folding can cause mutations if it goes wrong, again resulting in pesky things like Alzheimer/cancer etc.

No, he's right. This forum isn't made to explain things related to science. Just search Folding@Home and you'll get so much results... Really bro, try it for once -_-
There's already a sticky thread dedicated to answer that question and you've got more posts than me. You should be the one who's sensible.

not sure about you but to me technology is certainly very much related to science, not to mention the fact that we are in the folding/boinc/mining section of the forum, i'm pretty certain questions relating to folding does in fact belong here, maybe not off topic questions in this thread specifically though, but yes you do make very fair points regardless..