FINALLY!

Alright who disliked?

Lenovo does cases

xD

just for a heads up

dont buy the TN panel version

the viewing angle is horrendous from what i hear

worse than normal TNs

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

This would be very useful for someone like me who doesn't do gaming much. I love playing games esp hardcore games but not all the time... More into media stuff so this would suit me a lot.

just for a heads up

dont buy the TN panel version

the viewing angle is horrendous from what i hear

worse than normal TNs

Both screens are F**ked up, what i really recommend and i did that i got the 1080p/tn panel model and simply replaced the panel with an ips one. And now I think i have the ultimate experience that this laptop delivers.

Frys has this for 1399 with 16gb, but with the 4700hq and not the 4710hq. Bad luck with the performance, I was going to request this as my work laptop, but I guess the MBPR does the job better with a worse graphics card and better battery life.

Love it but the issue seems to be..there's no distributor in the UK for the 4K edition. Hahaha this:)

"babe's gonna be hard to beat" @LinusTech

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Youtube comments please burn in hell. LTT Forum is master race.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

lol playing 1080p with those fat black bars....

Yeah, lol. I'm not in the market for a gaming laptop considering I just bought one, but that hassle with 1080p gaming makes it a dealbreaker for me.

@LinusTech You watch SciShow (and possibly the other plethora of the Green brothers' work)? Woot! Big follower of those channels, and many more similar ones here.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Thank you, I hadn’t heard of it before. I don’t visit that many review sites, so it helps a lot. 

I think the 4K laptops are gonna be really cool thing in the near future. Beautiful screens on every-day use laptops for the general consumer are a great idea. As for games, this isn't quite there yet. The next version (if they make another one) could be really sweet though

I do hope that the DX11 scaling issue gets fixed. Really love the price point of the Y50 here in UK at £1099 for the 4K model. Isn't there a way to force the 860M to take over from the HD4600 iGPU to bypass the Intel driver scaling issue or is it not disabling Optimus blocked by Lenovo/Nvidia ?

Apple Pippin 2.0 (Corsair Gaming Hackintosh) :

• Intel Core i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler (Push-pull with Corsair AF120 and SP120)
  • 24 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
  • MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition
  • Intel 330 Series 120 GB SSD (Mac OS X)
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD (Windows 7)
  • OWC Mercury Electra 3G 30 GB SSD (Scratch Disk)
  • 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair 600T White case
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

MUST READ:

I have been researching this laptop for about a week ago and the only model is can find that is 4k and touchscreen is on a reputable ebay store (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301256515327).

I contacted Lenovo asking about why they didnt offer this laptop while this ebay store did and the rep explained to me that certain third party sellers of their products choose to have different configurations than those offered directly by Lenovo. 

For the 4k and touchscreen Y50: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301256515327

For the 4k only Y50: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317540

For the 1080p touch Y50: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317887

Differations between models that i have found include:

4GB/2GB VRAM

1TB HDD/256GB SSD/512GB SSD

8GB/16GB RAM

4700HQ/4710MQ/4200H Processors

I will be buying the 4k touch model from that ebay store later on this week, i will try to post my first impressions somewhere on here. 

Gaming laptop on which we can't play games kudos Lenovo

MUST READ:

I have been researching this laptop for about a week ago and the only model is can find that is 4k and touchscreen is on a reputable ebay store (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301256515327).

I contacted Lenovo asking about why they didnt offer this laptop while this ebay store did and the rep explained to me that certain third party sellers of their products choose to have different configurations than those offered directly by Lenovo. 

For the 4k and touchscreen Y50: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=301256515327

For the 4k only Y50: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317540

For the 1080p touch Y50: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834317887

Differations between models that i have found include:

4GB/2GB VRAM

1TB HDD/256GB SSD/512GB SSD

8GB/16GB RAM

4700HQ/4710MQ/4200H Processors

I will be buying the 4k touch model from that ebay store later on this week, i will try to post my first impressions somewhere on here. 

Cool !!! Let us know as soon as you get it ! A 4K touch-enabled gaming notebook ? Sounds like paradise. Wish this eBay seller of yours didn't ask for $43 shipping + $367 import fees for European buyers though. :(

Apple Pippin 2.0 (Corsair Gaming Hackintosh) :

• Intel Core i5 3570K with CM Hyper 212 Evo Cooler (Push-pull with Corsair AF120 and SP120)
  • 24 GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
  • MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition
  • Intel 330 Series 120 GB SSD (Mac OS X)
  • Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB SSD (Windows 7)
  • OWC Mercury Electra 3G 30 GB SSD (Scratch Disk)
  • 1.8 TB of HDD Storage
  • Corsair 600T White case
  • Corsair K60 Keyboard
  • Corsair M65 Mouse
  • Corsair GS800 PSU

Glad to see that you finally did a review on it. I own the 4k version and I have not had trouble with playing in 1080 (aside from windowed mode). I will have to experiment more being I have only played a couple of games being I have no reason to play games on it ATM with my desktop so I have only done testing with Cod4, WaW, and BF3 cuz they are the 3 games that are the most played at the LAN party my friends put on.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

I'm of the option 4k is just a waste of time. doublely so on a ~15" notebook I'm mean seriously 282.42 PPI is just beyond over kill. But damn $1300 is a pretty nice price for a laptop with specs like that.

For my when I got mine, the 1080p and 4k versions were the same price for the same specs aside from the screen so I figured why not get the 4k version.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

• 6 months later...

i actually own one of these not that bad of a laptop i regret not getting the 4k model though