Folding on a live cd boot

So I have this spare laptop which is not mine. But they're allowing me to use it. But since the HDD just been wipe I don't really want to install any OS in it (it comes with Vista that's why). 

So rather than gathering dust I really want to put it into good use and use it to fold (even at light load would be nice, every little bit helps).

So is there a way to fold directly from live cd linux? Because I really don't want to touch the harddisk.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Technically, yes. But it'll be so inefficient that it's probably not worth it.

You are better of creating a persistent Linux install on a flash drive.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

You are better of creating a persistent Linux install on a flash drive.

Technically, yes. But it'll be so inefficient that it's probably not worth it.

Ah Thank you for the info then. Not the answer I was expecting.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

Check the FAQ - I have a link over to the [H]ard forum where they have detailed instructions on making a "appliance" linux folding build, I believe with a USB key... and it is worth it. If you have it laying around, fold! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Check the FAQ - I have a link over to the [H]ard forum where they have detailed instructions on making a "appliance" linux folding build, I believe with a USB key... and it is worth it. If you have it laying around, fold! :)

oh yeah i found it. It's no in the faq instead it's in the install guide section.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/876-foldinghome-install-guide-and-links-linustechtips-team-223518/

Thank you so much whaler.