Blu-ray player for a TV?

StofPCs

So my brothers Fiance came to me asking about a top of the line BR player. But they can run 500+. He would like something wifi for Netflix and it has to have decent quality and sound. It also has to play DVD's as well. I found a Samsung one on newegg:

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=82-676-319

Thanks!

PS: It's. Bday present.

That dosent look like a samsung blueray player

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

That dosent look like a samsung blueray player

fixed sorry.

If he ACTUALLY wants top of the line, then he should be looking at one of the Oppo players:

http://www.amazon.com/OPPO-BDP-103-Universal-DVD-Audio-Blu-ray/dp/B009LRR5AQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407336522&sr=8-1&keywords=oppo+blu-ray+player

This particular model has Wireless N wifi. The main "benefit" of Oppo is they put super high quality DAC's in the machine's so the sound processing is supposedly superior. Whether that's true or not, I don't know as I've never had a chance to use one.

But in all likelihood, if that Samsung player has all the features that he'll want, then it'll be totally fine. (The link doesn't work for me)

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

further more, not all Oppo players have great DACs only the top of the range models like the 105. however if you are not intending to use this player for music then Oppo 103 is more than enough. Highly recommended great players as i have both the Oppo 105 and the older Oppo 93.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8

Before I'd buy a $500 blu ray player I'd get a PS3. It has wifi, netflix, lots of other things, plays DVDs, BluRays, CDs and the software gets updated regularly so that compatibility is never an issue.

Plus you can games of course.

Before I'd buy a $500 blu ray player I'd get a PS3. It has wifi, netflix, lots of other things, plays DVDs, BluRays, CDs and the software gets updated regularly so that compatibility is never an issue.

Plus you can games of course.

Out of all the things you listed, only gaming, and regular updates, are the only things even a $100 Blu-Ray player wouldn't be able to do. Most have wifi and netflix apps now, along with many more.

Before getting a PS3, I'd build an HTPC with a blu-ray drive. It would do everything a PS3 can do plus much more.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Out of all the things you listed, only gaming, and regular updates, are the only things even a $100 Blu-Ray player wouldn't be able to do. Most have wifi and netflix apps now, along with many more.

Before getting a PS3, I'd build an HTPC with a blu-ray drive. It would do everything a PS3 can do plus much more.

I was referring to the 500$ oppo blu ray player. But yes, an htpc is a good option as well.

actually comparing ps3 and the Oppo 103 there are few other things that an Oppo offer.

Speaker adjustments, region unlock (mod chip required), picture adjust, dual hdmi out, analogue outs and a few minor things. if you dont need these the ps3 is / would be a better option

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8