[Updated 8/11/14]Asus ROG Swift PG278Q 1440p G-Sync Monitor coming the week of August 25th in North America!

ChrisxIxCross

Update: It seems that the Asus FB page made an error and this monitor will cost 799$ as originally planned, sorry guys :(

sezvWS9.png

Here's also a quote from JJ- 

The message was an error regrettably communication errors like this can occur especially with the expansive product portfolio we offer and the want to quickly respond to users inquiries. Apologies it occurred but the price communicated for the SWIFT has been consistent since the original announcement of approx $799. Due to a number of factors this is currently the most aggressive retail price that can be set for the product especially considering the initial cost of the G-SYNC module and development of an exclusive 1440p panel and entirely new housing for the monitor. We are of course interested in bringing G-SYNC to more aggressive price points in this respect rest assured ASUS is interested in bringing its enthusiast gamer monitors to a range of price points and resolutions. At this time though our focus is release and feedback from the SWIFT.

I do however have some good news for those of you who are still interested. JJ also said that it should be available the week of August 25th in North America

As a general update availability will occur in North America at the end of this month ( the week of the 25th ). If there are any additional questions let me know and I will do my best to clarify. Also please continue to reference the FAQ which will be updated with additional information.

Slide54.jpg?zoom=1.5&fit=1024%2C1024

500x1000px-LL-0f92d5e6_d1jc5ac1.png

y5OTRmo.png

The amount of hype and anticipation for this beastly 1440p GSYNC 144hz monitor has been crazy ever since it was announced at this years CES way back in January. Originally it was communicated that the MSRP for this monitor will be 799$, however it seems Asus has recently adjusted this to 649$! I know many many people were extremely dissapointed to see such a high price tag on a monitor that did not feature an ips panel, and when there are 4K monitors that you can pick up for 150$-200$ less. Now that Asus decided to go with an extremely attractive price of 649$ I think much more people will be interested in purchasing this amazing monitor. Additionally at this point in time you need a very expensive setup in order to be able to drive 4K, while there are alot more people out there that will be able to push 1440p. Especially with this particular monitor since it has G-SYNC which will allow lower frame rates to appear much smoother. What do you guys think? Will you now consider picking up one of these since its no longer 800$? 

For those of you that are on the fence but are worried about color depth, accuracy, delta e, gamut etc. tft central wrote up an excellent review recently - http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/asus_rog_swift_pg278q.htm

Update: It seems that the Asus FB page made an error and this monitor will cost 799$ as originally planned :(

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

@LinusTech This is your chance to make Slick shut up about you stealing the Swift.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Wow that's really awesome considering everyone expected it to be $800

:D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

interesting but I'm gonna stick with my two 1280x1024 and 1600x900 monitors until 4k comes down in price to where it is reasonable to buy 3 4k monitors at once, and maybe by then Adaptive sync will be out

Not gonna touch it here with the price being roughly $1100 USD

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

$999 for us Aussies. @ PCCG, they have had there listing up for a while now.

they do sell another gsync monitor for $529 though at PCCG

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

interesting but I'm gonna stick with my two 1280x1024 and 1600x900 monitors until 4k comes down in price to where it is reasonable to buy 3 4k monitors at once, and maybe by then Adaptive sync will be out

Thats going to be a good like while man, like maybe 2016-2017 at the earliest. IMO you should go for this since these since the monitors you have arent even full hd, not 1ms , and 60hz. Trust me 144hz is night and day compared to 60hz. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Not gonna touch it here with the price being roughly $1100 USD

:( That sucks man, really unfair how all pc parts are so much more expensive outside the United States. 

Im guessing its that other 1080p model? If it is that's a terrible deal lol. 

I also adjusted the poll since your not in the US. 

:( That sucks man, really unfair how all pc parts are so much more expensive outside the United States. 

Yea, though during the mining craze we had cheaper AMD cards than the states for the first time probably ever.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Yea, though during the mining craze we had cheaper AMD cards than the states for the first time probably ever.

Yea I remember that lol, by the way I adjusted the poll since youre not in the US. 

Well, it's 1500€ right now on amazon....... I'm sure that's just because it's not really available yet but it's going to be horribly overpriced anyway.

Well, it's 1500€ right now on amazon....... I'm sure that's just because it's not really available yet but it's going to be horribly overpriced anyway.

Yea theres no way its going to be that much, its also available for preorder here at ocUK http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-070-AS  for  £700 which is about 877€. They ship to all of Europe as well. 

Yea theres no way its going to be that much, its also available for preorder here at ocUK http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-070-AS  for  £700 which is about 877€. They ship to all of Europe as well. 

Well, 800€ to 900€ is still insanely pricey for what it is. Especially because one of the key features is completely proprietary and because many of the features contradict each other.

Thats going to be a good like while man, like maybe 2016-2017 at the earliest. IMO you should go for this since these since the monitors you have arent even full hd, not 1ms , and 60hz. Trust me 144hz is night and day compared to 60hz. 

I am a broke college student now so no money. And I am completely fine with my current monitors at 80hz and the pixel density.  

It hopefully will go down after launch. I'm sure they are just going to be milking the preorders as there are no other retailers (that I know of) offering preorders or even any info on this.

I'd expect it to be approx $750 for us eventually, if not then I'm sure shipping from us would be cheaper than PCCG

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

Has linus done a review on this yet?

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Has linus done a review on this yet?

He will soon, hes currently using it as his daily driver. Review should be up within the next two weeks or so. 

4K master race here. Can't give up the extra real estate on desktop or the extra fidelity if scaling improves. Sadly my monitor is MST with split panels. Only bad thing about the whole monitor. (Dell UP2414Q).

$650 is too much for me when I'm happy enough with v-sync but assuming it doesn't take as long to drop the price as it will for 4k to be available to peasants I'll get it when it costs less.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Wow! Cheap.. it costs about 1168 US$ in Denmark.. =/

The acer 4k G-sync is cheaper. That has a much higher resolution but it doesn't run at higher then 60fps. I think this is a pretty cool monitor but running games at a high frame rate is harder than setting the game to a specific resolution. I am just not sure I would like to wait and see for a 4k G-ysc with 120Hz or 75Hz something like that.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

With that price I'm guessing $700 in Canada.... Yeah, I'm definitely getting one. Along with an 880. Merry Christmas to me!

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

This is awesome news! This is now actually on the table me for me... Since I have 1 780 I might buy another to run at a better framerate