SSD Maximum Host Writes Before Failure

Greggers
Go to solution Solved by jscho,

Thanks, I thought as much considering everyone including Linus seem to rate Intel drives among the best for lifespan. Intel rate it at 20GB per day for five years.

20GB x 365 x5  = 36500GB / 35.6TB but it's still going strong. 

Intel over-engineer their SSDs to the shit. You can bet your left testicle that it will live past 35TB easily.

So I've had an Intel 520 128GB SSD for about two years, it was in my desktop for a long time but I've recently moved it over to an Acer S3-391 ultrabook. Just had a look at the Intel SSD Toolbox and I have 42.58TB under the Host Writes section. Right now my SSD is still running as good as the day I bought it, never had any issues with it but I'm going to university in the summer and need something that will last as my buying options will be limited while I'm in halls due to the lack of tech shops around and not wanting expensive hardware to be delivered to my halls of residence. So do you think it'll be worth investing in a new drive before I go or just wait until/if it does fail within the next three/four years? It's not going to be my main storage drive for obvious reasons, everything is going to be backed up on a 32GB USB drive + a 500GB HDD + cloud storage so data integrity isn't all important, just going without a computer for a few days while I'm replacing the drive could be troublesome. 

Thanks, I thought as much considering everyone including Linus seem to rate Intel drives among the best for lifespan. Intel rate it at 20GB per day for five years.

Intel over-engineer their SSDs to the shit. You can bet your left testicle that it will live past 35TB easily.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

+°´°+,¸¸,+°´°~ Glorious PC master gaming race :wub: ~°´°+,¸¸,+°´°+
BigBox: Asus P8Z77-V, 3570k, 8GB Ram, Intel 180GB & Sammy 750GB, HD4000, W7
PiBox: Rasberry Pi, BCM @ 1225Mhz ^_^ , 256MB Ram, 16GB Storage, pIO, Raspbian