Just want some opinions

Hello Tech Tip community!

I am a newcomer and i really want some opinions on this new rig I am fundraising for right now, I am planning to play games such as watchdogs or assasin's creed. I also have a youtube channel I want to kick off and I will be doing some video editing and rendering. Thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tHQpzy

I really have no budget, but I want something practical.

Don't be afraid to give me some suggestions for different parts!

that PSU is overkill. a 550w or 600w would work fine

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

For video I would recommend an Intel processor. A nvidia GPU would also be useful for cuda acceleration while not necessary. @darkwolf289

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

Hello Tech Tip community!

I am a newcomer and i really want some opinions on this new rig I am fundraising for right now, I am planning to play games such as watchdogs or assasin's creed. I also have a youtube channel I want to kick off and I will be doing some video editing and rendering. Thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tHQpzy

Budget and Location? We can help you get more bang for your buck.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

It's unbalanced tbh, getting a basic Z97 motherboard, a 4690K and CM hyper 212 is a much better option than OCing a 8350 with an expensive cooler and mobo.

The high speed memory doesn't have any benefits for your use, so save a couple of bucks there.

Get a better GPU, depending on what software you end up using for editing, CUDA can come in handy, however it doesn't have much difference with the AMD choices. If you still plan on getting the R9 270X, don't grab the 4GB version, it's just a gimmick, you can't benefit from the extra if the GPU is the bottleneck. On 1080p the 4GB version will perform exactly like the 2GB one, and on higher resolutions the difference is still minimal.

If you can afford something like a R9 280X by changing some components, do it.

The monitor is pretty basic, if you want to edit get something with a better color reproduction, this is a great budget option http://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-umvh6aa003

My Thaughts: Go for the 750w PSU, it is indeed overkill, but it makes room for future uppgrades. As well as I would put in just a few more bucks and get the 280 instead. The increase in performance is worth it. But do as you like.

^ This and you could even go with a higher GPU than recommended here and still be within the $1200 range of your original build.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD